What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest

Headys

Well I have a few questions. I qualify for this contest and surely would love to try some new seeds. So I'm intrigued. I'm currently running three strains in one grow diary based on cracking them at the same time. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288937

Should I create three separate grow reports, or just bundle them together?

Is there a limit to that amount of submissions. I run a few different crops.

Thanks,

- HEADYs
HEADYs-Shield-Logo.png

MHBGuy

Well I have a few questions. I qualify for this contest and surely would love to try some new seeds. So I'm intrigued. I'm currently running three strains in one grow diary based on cracking them at the same time. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288937

Should I create three separate grow reports, or just bundle them together?

Is there a limit to that amount of submissions. I run a few different crops.

Thanks,

- HEADYs
View Image

If you look back a couple pages, I asked the identical question. The answer I was given is that you are only eligible to enter one strain. So probably pick you best bet for great results.

Headys

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll have to submit a grow later when I know which one is turning out better.

Peton

I have read through this thread, but i didnt really get how you entered the contest... do i have to include "summer bud contest" in the diaries headline?

Well.. I didnt barely start.. and I am out.

Well.. I didnt barely start.. and I am out.

And so it goes. I have been fighting to get a light bar up in my grow room that will hold all the equipment. I was ready to put the girls into flower and was trying to change out the lights.

Suddenly the bar fell, and the plants were cut and snapped into pieces. By the time I could get off the ladder to remove the lights, the plants looked like they'd been seared.

I just sat down and cried. I had babied them, loved them, they were green, beautiful, no bugs, no mold, perfect girlies.. and all dead.

Today is a better day. I walked out of the grow room, went to the bathroom and took a hot bath and then went to bed. Light did its magic. By morning I go check on the girlies.. thinking I am going to be dumping a lot of potting mix... but... tis Christmas.

All of the bottoms have risen. Its going to be a thin, thin grow, but by god.. they are alive. Good luck everyone!

And so it goes. I have been fighting to get a light bar up in my grow room that will hold all the equipment. I was ready to put the girls into flower and was trying to change out the lights.

Suddenly the bar fell, and the plants were cut and snapped into pieces. By the time I could get off the ladder to remove the lights, the plants looked like they'd been seared.

!

And for gods sake... dont be a NEWBIE and think that if you are working on something that is hanging over your plants is smart... think again. Dont make this mistake, move your plants if you are doing ANYTHING above them. :(

And for gods sake... dont be a NEWBIE and think that if you are working on something that is hanging over your plants is smart... think again. Dont make this mistake, move your plants if you are doing ANYTHING above them. :(

Man, I feel your pain, but if you can score any kind of harvest then that would still be sick! Hang in there pal! I'm gonna come watch!

MHBGuy

That so sucks. Sorry to hear, man, but glad they're alive. Had a bit of a cord slip the other day and now you're making me think a redundant system is a really good idea.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

If I had a redundant system, none of this would have happened, MHBGuy.

Mrs Bubble.. thanks... you rock.

As far as the girlies go... well... I got to thinking... I have two of them that are looking just about as well as they did before the crash. These plants are just blowing me away with how fast they can recover. They truly are weeds.. too funny.

Im just gonna write.. and who knows.. maybe my girlies will make an amazing come back.

MHB.... want a sweet little watering trick if you are hand watering?

MHBGuy

If I had a redundant system, none of this would have happened, MHBGuy.

Mrs Bubble.. thanks... you rock.

As far as the girlies go... well... I got to thinking... I have two of them that are looking just about as well as they did before the crash. These plants are just blowing me away with how fast they can recover. They truly are weeds.. too funny.

Im just gonna write.. and who knows.. maybe my girlies will make an amazing come back.

MHB.... want a sweet little watering trick if you are hand watering?

I hand water with a pump sprayer and I used a watering can for worm tea. Tips? Yes please.

"Is it watered?"

"Is it watered?"

I hand water with a pump sprayer and I used a watering can for worm tea. Tips? Yes please.

I watch people in threads talk about watering their plants too much, or too little. It seems to be a big problem. So, here is an odd way to figure out water.

Get the bucket that you finish your flowers in. Fill it with soil and water it in as if you were watering a plant. Take time, pack in any soil that sinks down, just as if there were a plant in it.

Grab your bong, wait until the water stops coming out of the bucket, should be no more than 20-30 min. Once the water is done coming out, get a flat scale and weigh the pot while it is saturated with water.

Put the pot aside for at least two weeks. If you are in Nevada, about 3 days. Wait for the pot to be dry, wiggle your fingers down into the soil. Once you know its totally dry, then get the scale and weigh the pot again.

Now get a container. Weigh the container. The container is the tare weight. You dont want to weigh the container, so that amount has to be added into the dry weight.

With the bucket on the scale, and the container in the bucket, begin pouring water until the scale gets to the weight of the soggy bucket, plus the weight of the container.

Measure that water.

Now you know how much water it takes to make your bucket drenched, and over water and kill your plant. And you know how light it is when its dry and underwater and kill your plant.

Divide the oz of water in half. Thats the amount of water weight you should aim for when you water.

Weigh your plant. Add the water it needs based on your math. After a few weeks, you'll get so good at it, you wont need to weigh your plants.

:)

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I have read through this thread, but i didnt really get how you entered the contest... do i have to include "summer bud contest" in the diaries headline?

that's not required but helpful. I have no idea which people are in the contest because nobody is putting that in the title. I have to go to each threads posts to see if they mention it. I included it in my title.

MHBGuy

that's not required but helpful. I have no idea which people are in the contest because nobody is putting that in the title. I have to go to each threads posts to see if they mention it. I included it in my title.

Included in my title too. Lots easier to identify.

locoezon

You are right man!

I haven't included it in my title
and that was mistake...
:comfort::chin:

Maybe a mod or someone from people that was run the contest it's time to check the peoples ?

deadein

Here is my first grow, I added it to this site only because I learned everything from ICMAG. Its a simple setup, couple cabs, 1 tent, started off with a 150w then added a 250w

My first 3 plants were small and the yield was 450 grams wet. I should get almost 4 oz, from 3 plants my first grow dry. Not too bad. I know have 10 small plants lollipoped in there now. More pictures to add to this grow log in the future.

Is it possible for a moderator to change a title of a post, I would like to change the title of my grow log. Thanks

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287149

TDK

Veteran
sorry when is the deadline for the content??
I have a DeepChunk and i think at this point she could be here too,
the Start was Hard and all with good Pics

bluesbravo

I am growing some Black Russian from Delicious Seeds....I dont see it listed in the strain guide and I am kinda confused as to if my grow will be approved? And I also have my own indica strain - would it be eligible?

N

NoSocSlic

I'm in

I'm in

I added My Current Grow also. I doubt I will win but man it would be nice to have a seed stockpile! Thanks guys for encouraging newbies to strive towards learning and getting better, and thanks NY!

Latest posts

Latest posts