You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 2 bucket dwc quest

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
2 bucket dwc quest Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2018, 06:59 PM #1
Ol'green Dad

Ol'green Dad will become famous soon enoughOl'green Dad will become famous soon enough
2 bucket dwc quest

I'm in the process of gathering all my material for a2 bucket dwc system and I was wondering if a res is necessary. I was thinking of possibly putting the biggest bulkhead fitting possible on the bucket and then a 90° with a piece of pvc sticking up capped off. There I could due testing and adding of nutes. Any suggestions?
Ol'green Dad is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2018, 02:18 AM #2
Only The Best

Only The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really niceOnly The Best is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'green Dad View Post
I'm in the process of gathering all my material for a2 bucket dwc system and I was wondering if a res is necessary. I was thinking of possibly putting the biggest bulkhead fitting possible on the bucket and then a 90° with a piece of pvc sticking up capped off. There I could due testing and adding of nutes. Any suggestions?
make your sustem rdwc,is a lot easier then single dwc bucket.
you can handle the nutes and control enerything that plant need.
i ve done dwc once and was pain in the ass

..R.I.P hydrosun..
Only The Best is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2018, 11:25 AM #3
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
Hey Ol' guy

2 buckets for one plant, or 2 for 2?

Could you just use single a tote with 2 net pots? Bigger the better. The more solution you can hold the more stable it will be.

A 16-27 gallon tote takes up about the same room as 2 5 gallon buckets with plumbing anyway.

If you are set with buckets I would probably go for a res.

But unless you need one and dont have the space for a large single DWC res.. why have to plumb and run a pump if you don't have to?

If you use a grommet and dark tubing you can usually twist the 90 fitting down to drain and take samples. I still don't like doing that because the water stagnates up in the pipes, you don't want areas like that. I imagine a larger diameter stationary pvc pipe in a bulkhead would be worse..

Well I actually do that on my 10 gallon bubble/fog cloner though, use it more for just a fill port. 1 1/4" pvc I think. Not as much to go bad in a cloner compared to a system I figured..
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2018, 11:58 PM #4
Ol'green Dad

Ol'green Dad will become famous soon enoughOl'green Dad will become famous soon enough
2 buckets 2 plants. I have the tote, not actually sure of the size though. I get what your saying with the water go in stag inside a pvc pipe. I suppose I'll just run the res in the tote 🤓🤓🤓

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:59 PM #5
Ol'green Dad

Ok an update on my progress in gathering needed materials. I have my bucket's, net pots, starter cubes, ph\ec pens, pump, airlines and air stones. On the lights I researching my tail on which lights to settle on. Moving has caused me to down size from a 4x2 to a 2x2. So, with those dimensions I am choosing between a 300 watt Viparspectra or a HGL 65 quantum board. I'm also thinking of starting off with a white widow af. Wasn't going to go af but with height restrictions I feel af might be a better option and white widow for low smell and easy growability. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.