What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Schedule I

dddaver

Veteran
There has been a history is the US of the gubment doing things pro-cannabis on 4/20.

I personally have an issue that 420 has become used as anything at all having to do with cannabis as it was simply a time of day code for stoners to meet up to smoke a long time ago in California and has been bastardized. But that's MY problem. And is actually a good thing overall.

But I have this silly hope against hope that some people in in gubment will "do something" :biggrin:, use that date to remove cannabis from a Schedule I drug. That at least would negate the irony of declaring it Schedule I while at the same time letting the FDA approve prescribing drugs made from cannabis.

I would be most in favor of complete removal from any Schedule but in reality there are those in the the US gubment and big pharma that see its current Scheduling as power and control so even just removal as a Schedule I drug is more realistic I think.

And I really don't care if they use the date 4/20 as some tongue in cheek gesture. Only that they finally do the right thing and correct the long standing error and remove cannabis from Schedule I.

shithawk420

Veteran
Personally I find it childish when grown men say"OH MAN ITS 420! WE GOTTA TOKE AT THE EXACT MINUTE!" or whatever.ill smoke whenever I want and 420 has no meaning to me what so ever.but then again I'm a grumpy old man at 31

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's 4:20, 24, 7, 365(366).

If they MUST keep the plant scheduled... which is a fraud all it's own (imo), then it needs placed in the lowest schedule possible. What is that? Schedule 5?... Well it needs to be in Schedule 6 because all the drugs listed in Sched 5 are still toxic and come with warnings and undesirable side effects. (DEA DRUG SCHEDULE)

Quite honestly... I believe PLANTS, in general, should be excluded from scheduling all together. ONLY drugs that are produced from those plants should be scheduled. But this is just my opinion.

dddaver

Veteran
Oh well. Just wishful thinking anyway. On the good side I saw on the news last night that a Hemp farming bill is in the FL House. If they pass it maybe I'll try these haze seeds I have, outside. I live kinda in the sticks and I could just claim I thought it was hemp if some local yokel piggy decided to hassle me.

oldchuck

Veteran
I think it is kind of fascinating that 4/20 is about the only generally recognized holiday that is not sanctioned by the government of the country you live in, like Christmas or the 4th of July.

Rico Swazi

100% agree with you dddaver,
the irony of declaring it Schedule I while at the same time letting the FDA approve prescribing drugs made from cannabis.
The gov't artfully uses deceit and duplicity while relying on the stupidity of the masses to believe it all. I believe the term is 'sheeple'

yeah crazy times we live in :crazy:

budlover123

My take is that a 4/20 light cycle rather than 6/18 during veg gives you minimum stretch. I've always been liberal with the 4/20 thing, as a matter of fact, for me 4/20 is a 10 day celebration. Somebody needs to make a parody of 12 days of Christmas to reflect this :)

Latest posts

Latest posts