What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From indoor to outdoor

Gio88

Hi! I growing a hulkberry feminized indoor (with 150w lamp hps for flowering phase) which is now the flowering process(12-6) , I was wondering if it possible to put my plant outside and just continuing the flowering phase outdoor! I live in Italy and here spring has just started! What do you think?

grayeyes

I think you will be okay. I just did this with a grow I started inside in January. After they grew for about two months I put them outside. Here it was a little cold (high 40's) and I got some purpling on the leaves.

But yesterday I chopped a shorter growing variety (durban turban). I am now waiting for my SSH to finish. They really loved the sunlight and I liked the electric bill. Plus the whole house is not perfumed.

Treevly

Flowering in spring? My guess is that since Spring has just started, the plants would soon figure out that the days are getting longer, not shorter, and would begin to leave the flowering stage.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Treevly is right in saying the plants will start to reveg at some point because spring. When that point is depends on the genetics of your plants, and what latitude you're at in Italy. The further south you are the shorter the days are now, and the longer your plant will stay in flower before 'waking up'.

Either way, you can still harvest just the flowers. Leave as many big leaves on as you can so that the plant will reveg, grow huge and give you a much bigger harvest in the fall. Don't take off all the flowers because new growth will come from them. But, flowers do suppress regrowth, so try to take most of them off. Just use a teeny nail scissors or other delicate tool. I'm sure you'll do well, have a great harvest!