What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How fast do your seedlings emerge and open?

gorilla ganja

The majority of seeds I've popped are up within 3 days, but I have had some that didn't come up for weeks.

Peace GG

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have 7-9 different ways to get them to open fast. Just weigh your seeds and use the biggest heaviest ones. Should flower in 29 days. Lol

No seriously though, plant seeds in medium and sprouts are up in 48 hours the majority of the time.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My recent seeds show tails in the soak water overnight.

They pop up two or three days later in the soil.

angelgoob

I have 7-9 different ways to get them to open fast. Just weigh your seeds and use the biggest heaviest ones. Should flower in 29 days. Lol

No seriously though, plant seeds in medium and sprouts are up in 48 hours the majority of the time.

Haha. So I shared an idea. People didn't really bite. Until they read big seeds germinate better.

Making a timelapse now. Built-in to phone. You can also download an app.

Hash plant flowers fast, but some took them at 10wks.

I am using 330 watts for 3 plants to be selected out of 7. Two are tangled, one is behind. So I have to cancel one other one.

I also am vegging a tomato plant.

B

bigganjabud

Glass of water for 24hrs(dark)

Into a soaked rock wool for 24hr and let the rock wool dry over the next 24hrs, with the seed in (still dark

Ya should be above the rock wool by then (now put the light on

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I use moistened cotton cosmetic pads (the kind my wife uses to remove makeup) and line 10 or so seeds down the middle, fold like a taco, and enclose it in a plastic cup that is placed in a box (no light) that goes into my veg room.

I used to use paper towels, then I had a problem and believe the chemicals used to make the paper "white" was my problem--so sanitized cosmetic/makeup pads is what I exclusively use now.

Within 12 hours tails start to emerge (time for a new home....I use moistened Promix BX in baby cups). The longest wait time I recall waiting for tails was about 4 days for the stragglers (which are usually the runts...the seeds that show tails early seem to be the more vigorous plants).