What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed dep greenhouse

CrushnYuba

Def try upping your cal mag in nutrient solution, but if you want that quick overnight fix, foliar epsom salt is pretty much instant.
Have you been checking your run off ph? Or just going in? I am assuming you limed the promix good but Maybe those heavy waters washed it out. Peat is so damnnn acidic! It seems like you are feeding fine and something is just locking you out.

CrushnYuba

If your run off is 5.8. What are you putting it in at? Your medium has to be below 5.8 right now. I think that's the culprit. Maybe raise the water ph and don't run the drip as long. Try to get less run off.

I really liked your idea of doing the small pots of coco. It would suit your style better then promix. Peat can't handle the hydro style flooding like coco can.

I know you got allot going on right now but when you get a minute I had some questions about socal growing. I'm down in San Diego right now on vaca. On my drive down here it seemed like there might be some promising spots for doing winter greenhouses. Where do you consider to be ideal? Good winter sun. Not to much rain but still has well water. Land not super expensive. Far enough inland to get away from the coastal moisture. Am I dreaming or is it possible?

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
yeah runoff ph is 5.8, idk its been getting cold at night, like 55, maybe thats part of it.

I think I mentioned something about the cold back on page 5? 55 degrees and the plants are flowering to boot? Again, chasing nute problems at this stage is pointless fellas. The plants are screaming "our cycle is over, please let us die"

The difference between your earlier stated 61 degree temp (page 5) and your now 55 is huge. 61 degree temps during flowering isn't perfect but 55 is a death knell. Survivable in veg but you won't get much flower.

Either revert to veg although your plants look to be too far into flower to do that, get some heat in the greenhouse to salvage a nominal finish or just let em go and take what you get. Winter growing aint an easy thing bro...

Speed of green

Well I'm done chasing my tail, i put the feed back at 1.2ec, i have 2500 watts of electric heat, hopefully that will keep them toasty. The yellowing seems to have slowed at least, the flowers are growing so I'm content for the moment. next round shouldn't have these issues. Ill put up some new photos later tonight.

Speed of green

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

queequeg152

Veteran
looks neet. nice and lush.

i kinda wanna like... walk with my arms out dragging my forearms across the tops of those plants.

i bet you would not approve of that though.

Speed of green

I touch them as little as possible during flower, if I have to do maintenance I try to wear long sleeves, I feel itchy after coming in contact with them. I think being around marijuana 24/7 for the last 5 year I have developed a mild allergy, maybe that's all in my head though lol.

I don't have an issue with someone getting handsy with my ladies as long as it's not frequent haha.

Jackstraw215

I touch them as little as possible during flower, if I have to do maintenance I try to wear long sleeves, I feel itchy after coming in contact with them. I think being around marijuana 24/7 for the last 5 year I have developed a mild allergy, maybe that's all in my head though lol.

I don't have an issue with someone getting handsy with my ladies as long as it's not frequent haha.

My girl is a moderately heavy toker and she is super allergic to touching plants or dry weed, we trimmed for a few months straight and she had to take allergy meds or else she would sneeze constantly and have a terribly runny nose. She also gets hives from touching plants or dried material. The girl who we worked for was allergic to touching it as well and she owns a big collective lol.

Jackstraw215

Fuckin crushin it brother!!! :pimp3: I dream of putting a greenhouse in my back yard man you just make me think about it so much more with your thread lol I check to see if you update this every day. I might just get a shed and install a poly roof or get these dep/ shed combo kits ive seen. My neighbor's granddaughter lives in a rv in her yard and is a tweaker so I dont know lol... I think the route im talking about would be more inconspicuous. I'm just gonna get a decent security system with an alarm, maybe an intercom so if i'm gone I can yell over a speaker thru my phone "get the fuck outta here ya tweaker fucks the cops are comin right now!!! (not the truth)" lol. Keep on killin it!!

Speed of green

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I have the next round of starts vegging, hopefully the greenhouse won't in veg mode for more than a week or two during the harvest/transplant/veg time.

The clones for next round:

50 - gorilla glue
28 - sage & sour
22 - hashplant haze
3 - fantasia

not sure if all of these will fit, but i wanted to have extras so i can pick the strongest.

I'm going to give them 4-5 weeks in full sun outdoors with supplemental t-12 light. top them a few times and flip into flower.

This next round I'm aiming for no LARF and i may strip everything below the trellising. for a kind of scrog/sea of green.

Jackstraw215 - Tweakers will steal your shit and then help you look for it. if you build a shed/greenhouse make sure you get enough airflow, that is my only major worry for this project. Good luck!!

CrushnYuba

Hey buddy. Haven't had much time for the net recently but I just wanted to check out how your project was doing. Looks damnnn good. This late in flower even if you get it perfect they won't green up. As long as it's not getting worse pay no attention. As long as they are getting what they want everything will be good.
What media are you doing on your next run? You know I want to see those smallish pots of coco.

Have you ran that cherry pie before? What's she like? That looks allot like the cherry I'm running this year which is different then the cherry i ran before. My old cherry had really fat leafs and not much stretch. The new one looks like yours is stretchyer and more sativa leaning.

Speed of green

I have never been a fan of the cherry, but this one i really like. it was gifted to me from a friend in reno. Its very purple and greasy, large dense individual buds, the colas are firm but not rock hard, its very mold resistant, it likes a lot of magnesium.

The coco i would like to try, i haven't really ever done it though, you think 5 gallon pots would dry out daily?