What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
Well it's time to go home today and replace a gfci outlet with a standard outlet. Went home last night and my Cloner wasn't working. i tried resetting it and nothing the outlet went bad! Had 16 cuttings bone dry and dying. So I'll have to start over with new colnes and that will be a few weeks before my mom's grow out some.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that sux !!!did you try spraying them to see if they'll bounce back ?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
never had any luck in just cups of water ...... :dunno:
Unc does most of his clones that way & has great results . me ...... cloning is my set back ..... i have to change ways constantly to get clones to root .

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those suckers made themselves at home in that one lol...

Funny I got two sisters from that line im testing, the other one will not root near as well in this system, nubs thats it. Might give this one the leg up, see how they smoke...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yeah, cloning can give me anxiety! I take more than I need. And then take some of the rooted cuts I dont need, out of the aerocloner and stick them in my old bubble cloner for storage, just in case i need them later because of trouble cloning. Lol. Works pretty well. They pretty much just sit there without growing for atleast a month. And if they start to grow I just top them and they sit again for another month. I run about 0.3 ec of bloom nutes in there, for anyone wondering. They stay green and give me a little piece of mind :) Only have one 23w cfl about a foot above dormant cuts.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Beginners Luck!!!
Before I got my Turbo Klone I used rock wool cubes in a tray with a dome and drippers it worked good for me but it's almost to easy with the TK set it forget about it till tommorow... Hehehe. The last round stayed in the Cloner to long and got stressed but that's my fault because I took on to many projects over the holidays including getting my grow going. and the outlet going out was the last straw. I'll redo that run to take care of a couple of friends that have been patently waiting....

Last edited:

SuperWeed

The trick to cloning in the sunshine is easy - two parts sunshine. One for warmth, and the other is uv radiation that kills root rot. The roots get a chance to form in the sunshine, much easier than under a light. Add some bleach to keep the root zone sterile, and keep the cup at 78f, and you are golden under a flouro.

Aspenou812

Veteran
So some light stress / dammage

So some light stress / dammage

so i'm watering again tonight and it's time for an update..... I have some light stress / damage, I made the mistake of both lowering the light and turning it up to 750w at the same time. I should have lowered it waited a day and turned it up..... you live and learn and this is a brand new setup all the way around...Group Shot

And the STARS of the show........ The GG4:)

the stress is limited and low enough that those leaves will be striped away in a few weeks. So how do they look to all of you?
PS: i almost forgot solution at 1.0 EC 5.8 ph 15% runoff

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
they don't look as bad as you were describing them lol ..... just a little stressed , they'll be fine . just remember to boost the feeds a little when you boost the light . between the more intensity & the fast growth , they'll be hungry !

Aspenou812

Veteran
they don't look as bad as you were describing them lol ..... just a little stressed , they'll be fine . just remember to boost the feeds a little when you boost the light . between the more intensity & the fast growth , they'll be hungry !

hehehe i'll pm you the ugly shots lmfao..... they were pretty yellow.....

They look fine to me but I'm no pro.

The middle one has some leaves that don't look the best but I wouldn't be worried about them as long as the new growth looks good.

Aspenou812

Veteran
They look fine to me but I'm no pro.

The middle one has some leaves that don't look the best but I wouldn't be worried about them as long as the new growth looks good.

Yea every plant has some bad leaves that's where the light was to close. It's a little tricky with a light this powerful. But there fine now. Or at least I hope there fine.

Last edited:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran

:yeahthats
im going to get me one of those lights when i get some more head space,[6 ft of hight just isent enought.]

Aspenou812

Veteran
:yeahthats
im going to get me one of those lights when i get some more head space,[6 ft of hight just isent enought.]

Bug i say go for it man! I used a 1000w Apollo horticulture dimmable with single ended bulbs about $250 on Amazon for the last two years, this Gavita is a much more powerful and almost twice as bright as my other light, i don't have par meters and all that just my observation. but honestly the intensity and penetration is amazing. and the 3 foot rule is very true.:)

Aspenou812

Veteran
A change in direction for this grow

A change in direction for this grow

So i just sat in my room and smoked a bowl.... Looking at the tops and the branching, I've decided to do something else DIFFERENT from my original plan much like the coco and the 3 gallon air pots i'll be transplanting into in a couple of weeks. This rant is all about height control plan and simple.
This weekend I'll install my irrigation system. I think it's time to automate the feeding.
Originally I had planned to use a trellis over the plants during the flowering stage. After seeing some light damage for the first time, I'm getting concerned about the plants Height My light can only go up so far so i have to keep the plants short and there pushing a foot already and it's only been two weeks, i have two to three weeks left to vege. So along with the irrigation system this weekend I'll be installing a multi tier SCROG! (SCREEN OF GREEN)
The first tier will be about 18 inches above the coco in the pots, this first tier will be used in the vegetative growth stage, I'll gently train the stalks and branches to this HEIGHT CONTROL SCREEN spacing everything out and leveling the canopy for as many tops as i can get.
the second and possibly third SCREEN will be used just for Cola support to hold the weight and keep everything upright.

Any ideas or thoughts on that guys? Before i do it lol........:huggg::)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good to me . alot of people are double netting the glue because of the stretch .

~star~crash~

So along with the irrigation system this weekend I'll be installing a multi tier SCROG! (SCREEN OF GREEN)

Any ideas or thoughts on that guys? Before i do it lol........:huggg::)

hey aspen good morning 2 u :sasmokin: i'm psyched for your glue grow as i'm on the tail end of my own 1st run with the strain..

you're shootin for 2 lbs? i'm going to make that goal in my run with 4 plants under 2k in a 5 x 6 SCROG..i've hijacked the gg#4 thread & you can see my humble grow:biggrin::canabis: you will most definitely need some support for the glue...you will find that she's not thin & vine-like ,but a stiffer branch & stalk like when developing..so she does not weave that well thru a trellis compared to viney plants... you plants will need to get bush like for your 2 lbs weight goal, so train them hard for as many leads as possible..gg4 will deliver what u want in your set up ...u have the height & the square footage to yield... have an awesome day!