What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure how the Cheese cut from Weed Wizard got labeled as Brightside, while I believe it to be the real Cheese cut it has no connection to Brightside and therefore can't be given that title. I also had what I believe to be the real Cheese cut aka Brightside cut that came via some French forum growers but I could not confirm it as the Brightside cut despite my suspicions.
I have however located the Brightside cut and another labeled Exodus that has linage I believe so will be growing them both side by side this year.

Cheesegez

I'm out of the cheese drama, that thread will never end.

@BrokenEnglish

hello, i assume u sent grapfruitDiesel with the cheese to the GSRH guy
i know there is a "better than others" cut of nycd, red grapfruit one which is known to be better than mandarina cut / spannabis cut /bbm²....
i grew the grapfruitD dopefind/kfc cut years ago

The question is, what did u send to him? (if u're the sender)
grapefruitDielsel or ruby red grapefruit nycd?
he named it grapefruitD liverpool with a soma logo xD
I had a grapefruit clone from my man virgin , I believe it be be the grapefruit diesel, such a beautiful consistent plant, dominated the markets for years until everyone got bored of it... I even think after around 10 generations it lost its appeal she still had the looks and the taste but it just wasn't the same as the young clone.. if you look in my albums I have some pictures of her...

but that Mandarina cut your referring to is very special to me and also know as Tangerine haze in the states if we are talking about the same clone? I managed to get it sent from A to B from one state to another at a high price in hope B would sent it to me... B killed it somehow and I never seen it....

Sooo off topic if anyone has access to such a clone thank you in advance...

Cheese oooo Cheese my ears are ringing but until someone close to home confirms this to be bright sides I really can't get my hopes up, there is so much genetic diversity to what people call and label as cheese. I think I grew out 8 different phenotypes ( which most if not all have been documented in this thread) and I think the closest was the psychoberry from LLP lol, that how accurate names are...

hope we are all well.

CG

Last edited:

CreeperStipule

How many people preferred Psychosis to Cheese? I found it the better one for me...

I had the stinky psycho berry but yield let it down, there was a bigger one that didn't stink as much but didn't run that.

Last edited:

snakedope

Cheese prob the best strain I ever smoked, you really can't go around with even a gram on you as it reeks so much
my buddy came back from the dam in 05 and kept saying cheese cheese and obviously I didn't have a clue back then what he was talking about as we just smoked hash and seeded lame weed.. that was in 05, he brought 3 big buddah cheese seeds, and man that shit was space ship weed, people wanted to suck my .... For it haha what a time
Anyways I went to the dam one year later on 06, and smoked the cheese there, I can say it was 1:1 the same as my grow
Almost 20 years later I'm still searching for that cheese funk.. I bought some big buddah cheese again lately, got my hopes up.

William76

Big buddas cheese is cheese x afghan,and if u paid attention to the seedbanks u would know he has just started another company(buddas farms or some such,that sells cheese in which he says is made with the new real cut they have,not the old cut that he used to start with now says isn't the real one I suspect the first cut was the suicide or brummie cut.i never told any1 this fir fear of being laffed at,but I found a plant in bbs cheesus that was more stinky than briteside,amped up,but that boring high after u get used to it was amplified too.every1 wanted it but I was sick of it.76

BrokenEnglish

I

@BrokenEnglish

i know there is a "better than others" cut of nycd, red grapfruit one which is known to be better than mandarina cut / spannabis cut /bbm²....

It's not the Ruby red cut. Was very specific about that when sending. That cuts dead as far as I know. This grapefruit diesel is the one that was around 5 or 6 years ago. Sativa in structure, huge yields and tastes of pure grapefruit . But unfortunately its not the one everyone wants
It's still a great plant imo. I noticed people started calling a grapefruit diesel the KFC cut around the same time. I got mine as grapefruit diesel thsts it

BrokenEnglish

@BrokenEnglish

Screenshot_20230112_163314_Discord.jpg

This is the grapefruit diesel cut is sent gsrh... it's an absolutely lovely smoke. Super terpy lip smacking grapefruit terps. I've always known it as a probable soma pheno. But not the Ruby red one. Its definitely not the mandarin cut

slipdefeu

Not sure how the Cheese cut from Weed Wizard got labeled as Brightside, while I believe it to be the real Cheese cut it has no connection to Brightside and therefore can't be given that title. I also had what I believe to be the real Cheese cut aka Brightside cut that came via some French forum growers but I could not confirm it as the Brightside cut despite my suspicions.
I have however located the Brightside cut and another labeled Exodus that has linage I believe so will be growing them both side by side this year.
Hello, when we french say we got real deal cheese nobody believe us, cheese's from uk not france ^^
we just call it uk cheese xD
I had a grapefruit clone from my man virgin , I believe it be be the grapefruit diesel, such a beautiful consistent plant, dominated the markets for years until everyone got bored of it... I even think after around 10 generations it lost its appeal she still had the looks and the taste but it just wasn't the same as the young clone.. if you look in my albums I have some pictures of her...

i took a look at your pics, looks like this yes, the bud sharp is easy regognizable.

but that Mandarina cut your referring to is very special to me and also know as Tangerine haze in the states if we are talking about the same clone? I managed to get it sent from A to B from one state to another at a high price in hope B would sent it to me... B killed it somehow and I never seen it....

Sooo off topic if anyone has access to such a clone thank you in advance...

Cheese oooo Cheese my ears are ringing but until someone close to home confirms this to be bright sides I really can't get my hopes up, there is so much genetic diversity to what people call and label as cheese. I think I grew out 8 different phenotypes ( which most if not all have been documented in this thread) and I think the closest was the psychoberry from LLP lol, that how accurate names are...

hope we are all well.

CG

i don't think mandarina cut is related to tangerine haze but i've no idea to be fair
mandarina is a nycd cut from ES we got by mistake, received as nl/AG13 until i realized it was mislabelled mandarina from biotops. No haze ;)

There is another mandarina used by trichome jungle, if seedfindr is correct the lineage is agent orange x (pynamite x shiva)
there is probably more called mandarin things ^^

I

It's not the Ruby red cut. Was very specific about that when sending. That cuts dead as far as I know. This grapefruit diesel is the one that was around 5 or 6 years ago. Sativa in structure, huge yields and tastes of pure grapefruit . But unfortunately its not the one everyone wants
It's still a great plant imo. I noticed people started calling a grapefruit diesel the KFC cut around the same time. I got mine as grapefruit diesel thsts it
i got ur pic yes that's it
got it labelled as grapefruit diesel dopefiend cup /KFC
looks like this one won this cup in 2015
yes its probably nycd i got those terps only with nycd cuts
we had a nycd (bbm²) known as the parsley-bacon cut ^^

Some of the old nl used to hav a lovely grapefruit smell,76
sorry for the off but i've been told spg mayber is nl pheno ^^

BrokenEnglish

In an effort to save confusion and be transparent I will call this cut WIZARDS CHEESE from here on out.

snakedope

Exodus always looked funky to me, like the cheese I smoked in the dam and grew didn't look like that at all... Some posts here actually look very similar and I believe is the right cut, but some just don't look like cheese

Terppalooza

Exodus always looked funky to me, like the cheese I smoked in the dam and grew didn't look like that at all... Some posts here actually look very similar and I believe is the right cut, but some just don't look like cheese
does this one look like cheese to you?

snakedope

does this one look like cheese to you?
It's under LEDs which makes it even more difficult to know, I'm more used to seeing them under HIDs, but it looks like the exodus should look I think, which is not so much like the old school cheese look was..
When I'll have the time I'll scroll through some pics and find some examples from this post, I believe I saw some good ones

Latest posts

Latest posts