What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmin' Without Harmin'

Subbed!
This is really cool. I have a special place in my heart for the west coast of Michigan. Im in Colorado now, and I wouldn't move for the world, but I love visiting fam and friends back there. There is nothing like the fall season in Michigan.

I love your idea about sourcing and making a soil mix using all local/free inputs.
Leaf mold would be my recommended peat replacement, or really well aged horse manure outta work, too. I'd like to see ground antler in the mix as well.

Happy farming! Our hens just (finally ) started laying here! I'm listening to Fillmore east, April '71 right now and ripping the bong. Virtual bong pass..

Awesome. Congrats on your new family member. Cover your property in comfrey, that's what I'm doing to feed my worms and chickens in the warmer months. More bio mass/ season than anything else and very nutrient rich.

Glad to hear you're good.

Hey if you post your soil mix that would be cool. I'm working a new soil mix, due to compaction over time in my current (coots) no till mix. Back to the drawing board. Good times for sure. Mines on my grow journal.