What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmin' Without Harmin'

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I miss the country and the farm...looking good ...everyone started small and worked their way up for the most part...its fun seeing the progression ....organic rules....yeehaw.. I was even dumb enough to use one of the grow and show incandescent floodlights once...worked ok for what it was...I have tried about every type of grow and medium and find myself back where I began ...organic....I don't plan on changing for the most part...I am thinking of getting 3 chicks myself as I have a few old cages sitting round...need to do some research first as I don't have much chicken experience except I can kill and eat them no problem...built your own furnace that rocks ..I used a bought hydronic heater once..it would last all night in the coldest of weather..heated house and hot water,floorboards,greenhouses and fish and reservoir ponds...had a backup woodstove in basement too ...

Wow, I loved reading your first post, I think your story resonates with many of us, definately with me. Like you i started out mixing 10 gallons of soil, and now have serveral hundred galllons and wish I had several thousand. Its all about the farm. Best of luck, definately will be following this one.

Last edited:

Buddyy

I like this thread already. Yeah spring is coming, good times ahead on the farm, I can feel it.
Good luck growingcrazy!!!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Recent research has drawn a parallel between intelligence and Makita tool ownership.

The opposite is true for Mastercraft.

Recent research has drawn a parallel between intelligence and Makita tool ownership.

The opposite is true for Mastercraft.

He'll be fine as long as he stays away from the black and decker pecker wecker. You know, the one that slices, dices and fucks janet wises (rocky horror picture show TM).

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
ah, but a parallel is not a correlation. ;) Plant shots are looking fantastic GrowingCrazy. That Gold Coast is something shaggy. Cool looking plant.

Your sure to find some great stuff in those beans. Im already jealous for sartori F2s. Tis the season to hit up the paper and CL for local folks selling off there greenhouse hoops. There is usually great deals if you keep an eye out, but you can save a ton over going new. As far as a tractor....nothing runs like a deere...thats getting chased by a Kabota. 15-20 horse, maybe a bit bigger if youve got some more serious chores. hydrostatic trans if you can find a newer model in your price range. For light farm work, thatll be all you ever need.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Lovely thread broda! Best of luck on your projects!

You can have some mushroom bags in the room for co2, mushrooms produce a lot of co2!

Peace!

Granger2

Veteran
Whatever tractor you buy, careful with it being too light in the front if you're going to be doing much scraping, back hoeing, etc. The one Ford tractor I have experience with was constantly wheelying. Good luck. -granger

Whatever tractor you buy, careful with it being too light in the front if you're going to be doing much scraping, back hoeing, etc. The one Ford tractor I have experience with was constantly wheelying. Good luck. -granger

I felt the same way, but reverse, about the newer model new holland, I think it was 26 horse but it didnt matter cause it was so out of balance, it didnt take much at all in the bucket to get the wheels off the ground. At least compared to others it felt that way. the main thing is if you dont have a tractor, then youll probably love whatever you end up with, cause its a tractor.

Latest posts

Latest posts