in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2006, 11:03 PM #11
jaykush
dirty black hands

jaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of lightjaykush is a glorious beacon of light
very informative thread. bonzai mums are great you can have a ton is sucha small space.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 AM #12

DAMN ******!!! hope I can grow em like that

Old 07-24-2006, 12:46 PM #13
Closet Funk
CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!

Closet Funk has a spectacular aura aboutCloset Funk has a spectacular aura aboutCloset Funk has a spectacular aura aboutCloset Funk has a spectacular aura aboutCloset Funk has a spectacular aura about
It's amazing that alot of growers don't use the bonsai technique. When I first found out about it I had to try it. It's perfect for small space growers like me. My plan is to have at least 2-4 mums under a shoplight at a time. When I grow out some strains this fall I'm going to select my favorite ones and keep bonsai mums from them. Then when fall comes rolling around again I can take some clones from some choosen mums and begin my cycle again. This is always going to be my method of keeping mums for sure. Later on when I start experimenting with some breeding I'll make sure to use the bonsai technique to preserve genetics for crosses. Here are some possible bonsai mums I'll have in the next year or so if I get some nice keepers.

Somango x Lavender
Cali-O
Sweet Tooth #3 x Lightstorm
TFB
Trainwreck x Purple Kush

I'll probally keep the best 4 out of those.

Certified Organic!

Last edited by Closet Funk; 07-24-2006 at 12:48 PM..
Closet Funk is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2006, 01:18 AM #14

Sounds like my plan exactly ClosetFunk. Good luck with em.

guerilla

Old 07-28-2006, 07:17 PM #15
DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison will become famous soon enoughDurbanPoison will become famous soon enough
I wish I would find that old thread on OG about making bonsai mums that were super micro-mini that actually LOOKED like the bonsai plant. Of course not the leaves but the true growth style. He did something to put the plant into a stasis under really low lighting and make it grow extremely slow. I just remember the thread being difficult to read as english wasn't this guy's first language and he had a hard time explaining how to do it but essentially you had a plant that really looked like the bonsai style plant and it was extremely small but produced something like 7-10 cuttings per week.
DurbanPoison is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 07:28 PM #16

I remember that one,little Jap pot plants

Old 07-28-2006, 09:01 PM #17
DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison will become famous soon enoughDurbanPoison will become famous soon enough
exactly man .. i miss it lol.. tried to find it on google archives but had no success. I am going to try and use this idea and just reduce things to make a really small mother because i'm not going to need hardly any cuttings at all since I will only be growing out 2 cuttings in flower using scrog with my NGB style cab. Preferrably, I would like to have 4 different strain of mothers so I can switch off every other harvest.
DurbanPoison is offline Quote

Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 PM #18

I find it so much easier not to keep a mother around at all,I used to take a coup[le of cuttings from each clone from near the bottom the day I went 12/12 with them,but lately I've just kept a couple whole plants back to cannibalize for my next generation of cuttings.The multiple tip cuttings I get using the whole plant like that makes for some healthy clones

Old 07-28-2006, 11:09 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKELETOR
I find it so much easier not to keep a mother around at all,I used to take a coup[le of cuttings from each clone from near the bottom the day I went 12/12 with them,but lately I've just kept a couple whole plants back to cannibalize for my next generation of cuttings.The multiple tip cuttings I get using the whole plant like that makes for some healthy clones

only problem with tha,t that i see is your going to be diluting the strain after awhile....its best to keep as close to the original generation as possible..and if your just cloning a clone off a clone.....and do it again..and again..and again...your 10 generations away from the original...it wont really be as strong and have the exact same strong genetics...potency...yield..ec t..its been diluted.....BUT...its way more convienant to do what your saying....just clone the plants to restock yourself

this is one reason i do not buy clones from Clubs usually...only a particular few...but most clubs buy clones from vendors...and know nothing about their history...they could be 100th generation for all you know when you get them =c(

Last edited by Toddicus Maximu; 07-28-2006 at 11:12 PM..

Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 PM #20
ebbnflow

all my mons are bonsai style. bonsai moms rule. i keep them in 5.5 inch square container. I ffedthem only organic nutes so bulid up whont happen as much. I flush once a week. There kept in rockwool mini cubes instead of soil.dont forget bonsai dad's!!