What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cuvee?

relic1981

Veteran
anyone working this girl? its a cross of aficionado's pinot noir x space queen. "The Pinot Noir is a clone only F4 cross between the Original Blackberry Kush X a Vintage 1978 Pakistani created in Northern California". acording to the strain description. i typically dont like tga's gear but this looks interesting to me. i have a cut of space queen that is really nice and i truly love the plants coming out of aficionado's gear so i have no doubt the pinot noir is chronic. i have the chance to grab this strain and wanted to know what the dilly is on it. i may go ahead and grab em anyhow because its a good deal. thanks!

PDX Dopesmoker

I know its an old thread, but Cuvee is doing nicely so far. Starts flowering outdoor early August. I'll try to get some photos, a patient has it in the home grow.

PDX Dopesmoker

It turned out that they were botrytis prone. Pretty vigorous plants, nice buds with good trich coverage, but watch out in the last couple weeks. I ended up losing more than I harvested, but the flavor on what I did get was pretty good & strong, nothing monster though. Finished around Oct 10 at the PDX latitude.
Here is a photo of a bud that survived
x8cTsVU.jpg

This is a rotten one
ZSrFpsb.jpg

Copy!!

Copy!!

It turned out that they were botrytis prone. Pretty vigorous plants, nice buds with good trich coverage, but watch out in the last couple weeks. I ended up losing more than I harvested, but the flavor on what I did get was pretty good & strong, nothing monster though. Finished around Oct 10 at the PDX latitude.

How was the air flow in your particular garden. I have noticed over the years that they need decent air flow. If plants are tucked into a area that dosent dry out well and dosent have a lot of air movement. Then they are prone to powdered mildew.. thanks for advice will make sure cuvée gets good air flow this year

PDX Dopesmoker

How was the air flow in your particular garden. I have noticed over the years that they need decent air flow. If plants are tucked into a area that dosent dry out well and dosent have a lot of air movement. Then they are prone to powdered mildew.. thanks for advice will make sure cuvée gets good air flow this year

Yeah, our weather last fall was awful. Nothing dried out after the end of September regardless of airflow. Still hasn't dried out yet. That kind of weather isn't too uncommon for our October and based on my one experience with 3 plants of the variety, I wouldn't try it outdoor here again (or at least not until global warming kicks in a little harder).
I bred one of the Cuvees to a mysterious CBD variety that had amazing rot resistance.

PDX Dopesmoker

I got 5 sprouts of the CBD Cuveé going, but thats probably not why you're bumping this thread. I watch Subcool' TV show on youtube & it seems like Cuveé is his main smoke these day.

PDX Dopesmoker

Here are three different females of the CBD Cuvee cross
XNMs8Az.jpg

Frc18Cs.jpg

wKF265l.jpg

They all smell great, very citrusy. Got a little bit of botrytis on the top one and a pinch on the bottom one. They are not meant to be grown outdoors at 45ºN for sure, Oct 21 is way too late a takedown date around here, I babied these little ones like prized pets & thats the only way they made it.

This thread still about Subcool's Cuvee if anyone is growing the purebred variety.
It seems like it should be popular, Cuvee is still Subcool's favorite smoke and if anyone knows tasty weed its Sub.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I definitely want to try the Cuvee. Looks like killer smoke!

Also need a pack of Chernobyl. Really enjoyed the sample I tried of it.

Nice looking Cuvee CBD PDX!

Just harvested 3 females i got from a 5 Pack. One more Lemon citrus, not my flavour and hermied.. Other 2 are a beautiful smoke. Good dense buds with a chocolate grapey smell and taste. Good strain