What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Herb/ Weed bud Discreet Vaporizer Pen

littlegrow

Hey guys so im use to bongs, joints and pipes but i have never tried a Vaporizer before and i was wondering has anyone tried these and i know if i vap its healther for your lungs but what i want to know does weed taste better as i wanna smoke while out without anyone walking past and being like "dam that smells like some good pucca"

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
vaporizer will help with that for sure, not sure whats the best pen model out there, there are some threads around discussing vaporizers big and small, for concentrates and for herb.

bmp420gti

There are a bunch out there that have a seperate atomizer for dry herbs, the cloud styles are cheap and can taste funny but work just fine, the rest all seem to clone each other and put different names on the same parts. The gentlemans vapes ones are pretty good and not cloned.

Shit will still smell like weed when you smoke it, just a lighter smell that dissipates faster. People will still know what is up. Really pens are made for waxes, if you live in a med state and have access to wax you should look into using that with the pens.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well the smell doesn't travel as far, nor is it intense, you have to be standing close if you want to smell the weed smell, specially if you keep the vapor in for a while.

Scrappy-doo

I've looked into these. Arizer Solo is considered the best portable vaporizer for flavor and quality of vape but it's kinda bulky. Definitely not a pen.

Pax is considered one of if not the best portable vape by the masses, but lots of reports that it's kinda flimsy and has a harsh, hot vape and not a lot of flavor. Very stealthy though.

Davinci Ascent is thought to be the best of both worlds, giving you good flavor, stealth, and quality. I actually picked one up but thought the flavor had an odd sorta plasticy taste to it. The build quality was A+ though and lots of techy features. Looks cool too everyone thinks it's an electric razor.

A vape pen for nicotine liquid isn't really a vaporizer because it will combust your buds. That being said it's probably better just because you're not inhaling lighter fumes. They would be good for oil though. I know someone who uses one for that and loves it.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have yet to try a pen vape that works well with bud. At best I've gotten one good hit before I have to repack it. A pen vape with a hash oil attachment is your best bet if you want something small and portable.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah they suck because most only heat up one side of the bud so after 1 hit it just cooks ash and char leaving the rest untouched. Packed as 1 hitters they work ok but many I've tried are just pieces of junk.

I picked up that snoop dog atty and it shorted out before I even got to use it. Brought it back to the store and they said they'd replace it. They tested 5 different ones before they found one that worked to give me. When I got home I got one hit and then that one shorted out too. Hasn't worked since.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

This kind of vaporizer is awesome. This is what made me decide to convert 2 pounds of bud into hash oil. It doesn't work with bud, but it's awesome for oil.

dddaver

Veteran
Higly recomend Pax. Never used anything quite asqua consistent.

Just as a side note, I was surfing around on the TV a couple weeks ago and caught Kevin Smith on the Arsenio Hall show. He diverted any question he was asked into what he wanted to talk about, totally taking over the interview. He told this story about taking the Pax and some oil to his Aunt in NJ who had stage 4 cancer and was becoming frail and unresponsive. After just 20 min. of using the Pax she was up talking and asked for something to eat. He had run over his allotted time, and apologized for it and they made a joke about how he just took it over the interview. It was clear he had this agenda going in and wanted to tell that story.

theJointedOne

Veteran
pax isnt made for oil, fwiw

w9tech.com imho has the best KISS carts, made with grade 2 ti, much better then say the dabbler

Ganjastar

; said:
Hey guys so im use to bongs, joints and pipes but i have never tried a Vaporizer before and i was wondering has anyone tried these and i know if i vap its healther for your lungs. I looked at all of the pen vaporizers for sale at Vaporizer Station but what i want to know does weed taste better as i wanna smoke while out without anyone walking past and being like "dam that smells like some good pucca"

I totally get you. Buying a pen vaporizer changed my life! I even take it to the cinema with me. Literally it is amazing.