What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colors of Infinity

L

Libeccio

thanks Libeccio,

I like learning... that's about all I can say.

I was going to get to fibonacci, Phi (that is my alternate hanlde) and biology... but gotta save something for later :D... after some more fractals and infinities I figured we would delve into a little quantum mechanics before making our way back here and then touch on the fibonacci/Phi relationships etc etc.

and yeah I just started... maybe almost a year ago casually teaching myself music theory... once I understood a little bit of the math side of it and the correlation between numbers and notes that fit within key it all became much easier to play and improvise... not that I am good at all :D

I know of a video where a physicist and a musician embed Phi all over into a metal song... once my bandwidth frees up I'll post if for you... I don't care for the song, but the way they use Phi is really really cool.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

:lurk: i'll be waiting for more!
just one thing i can say now (don't wanna get boring) about math and music is: realize (you probably already know) that western music theory is an approximation of what's going on in nature. the major scale is an approximation. overtones tell us why; spectral harmony (France '70 - composers like g. grisey, t. mureil) for instance, uses the "natural" sounds. it's super interesting that the golden section works in music as well: some intervals are far more appealing for us. culture or nature? :)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was told there would be cake....did i miss that?

what's up Unc! na man you are just in time...

Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xau1ZQUtW5c
[YOUTUBEIF]xau1ZQUtW5c[/YOUTUBEIF]

and some phi metal for Libeccio...

here is the making of the song, which I find more interesting...
Golden Ratio - Making a Math Metal Anthem - Numberphile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqK63v2Jzks
[YOUTUBEIF]mqK63v2Jzks[/YOUTUBEIF]

Golden Ratio Song - Numberphile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgQPSUTWVM
[YOUTUBEIF]nBgQPSUTWVM[/YOUTUBEIF]

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
reblog-if-you-eat-more-than-usual-when-you-are-anxious_732.gif

Got my popcorn :lurk: ready let the show begin

BayBHuey

L

Libeccio

hey infinitesimal, thanks a lot for the videos! :) i must be honest: i didn't find much interest in them. :) it's fun how they worked, but it's more a "tribute" to number phi, than music really created using math relations (at one point the creepy producer even says something like: "minor harmonic scale... i don't really care about music (theory) i play by ear" - i'm tired of hearing this. i know a thousand musicians that are proud of being ignorant lol. yes, your ear must be finely tuned, but knowing scales, chords, rhythms and forms can only do good to your musicianship!). when i was working with fibonacci, i was trying to build musical structures from scratch using fibonacci and phi... doing a riff x time the digits of phi is just not interesting to me, as i said is just doing a tribute to phi without breaking any musical boundary... (but i love the phi caliber ;)) if you want something that really blow your mind check out the work of people that are trying to use different tunings (that's step 2 :)), an introduction: http://www.pyxidium.u-net.com/Acoustics/MusicMaths/MusicMaths.html. or music from Giava called the "Gamelan" is really something. they use 2 scales, one of which simply divides one octave into 5 parts...

enough of this, sorry if i get annoying when writing about music! :) [OT(OT)]
I'm looking for more infinitesimal stuff and also can't wait to see more fine cannabis here! :tiphat: much love, L.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey L,

I completely agree, my ear didn't even start to get better (it's still not very good) until I got a better understanding of what I was listening to, scale/relative pitch etc.

what I have been playing around with and trying to figure out is how to connect and transition from one key to another seamlessly and try and incorporate it into one piece.

the rhythm is the part I have to feel, to be on with... if I start counting I am screwed.... except for with drums or making beats.

and yeah that producer was creepy :D

no worries man, this is more just a hang out/photo dump where I can share everything I am working on and things I think about, of which music is one.

thanks guys, I'll get some photos of the bodhi and DJ seedlings today and maybe some more infinity talk/videos in a couple days... I've got lots of work to be doing... I just wanted to check in while I have a coffee break.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

L

Libeccio

hey L,

I completely agree, my ear didn't even start to get better (it's still not very good) until I got a better understanding of what I was listening to, scale/relative pitch etc.

what I have been playing around with and trying to figure out is how to connect and transition from one key to another seamlessly and try and incorporate it into one piece.

the rhythm is the part I have to feel, to be on with... if I start counting I am screwed.... except for with drums or making beats.

and yeah that producer was creepy :D

no worries man, this is more just a hang out/photo dump where I can share everything I am working on and things I think about, of which music is one.

eheh everyone should play music "by ear" or better "with the ears" :) i hope i'll be able to give you some interesting insights as i've been studying these things (music) for 20 years :D

thanks guys, I'll get some photos of the bodhi and DJ seedlings today and maybe some more infinity talk/videos in a couple days... I've got lots of work to be doing... I just wanted to check in while I have a coffee break.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

i can't wait for bodhi and DJ! :huggg: ciao! :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys,

It's been a little bit since I updated, I have been really bust lately... and it hasn't been easy to get things done.

I got my cloner cleaned and filled with fresh cuts yesterday, plants moved out of one room into another... other plants moved outside... its was sort of a game of musical chairs.

now I have a bunch of Highland Mexi x BB plants to up pot, then more cuttings to take in a couple days. The Dj and Bodhi seeds are going to need to be transplanted here soon also...

the good vibes is ready to be hit with colloidal silver and make S1's, that is exciting.

I am in the middle of filming episode 2 for the Colors of Infinity so that will be coming within a week or so.

here are some mutated DJ' seedlings to hold ya over...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'll be pretty busy but I will try to sneak in some more photos and updates before the next video is ready...

Peace

L

Libeccio

beautiful in their mutations! :) fantastic green... looking forward for more... ;) do you know which dj's strains these seedlings are? BB? ciao Infi!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Cool, so sometimes a mutation is a good thing?

Know what you mean about being busy...........myself have to go into "work work" in the morning.

Thanks for sharing Infi :tiphat:

MostlyMe

Veteran
Hey Inf, if you don't mind me asking here: how do you feel about repotting sativa's during early flowering/the stretch? I have some sativa's in small pots and would prefer to repot after the sex has shown (males will be culled). I am worried about the stress that might cause though.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hey Inf, if you don't mind me asking here: how do you feel about repotting sativa's during early flowering/the stretch? I have some sativa's in small pots and would prefer to repot after the sex has shown (males will be culled). I am worried about the stress that might cause though.

Same here, i changed the pot during the first week of flipping. ( just after they sexed )

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, so sometimes a mutation is a good thing?

Know what you mean about being busy...........myself have to go into "work work" in the morning.

Thanks for sharing Infi :tiphat:

hey unreg,

not necessarily a good thing, as much as a trademark of DJ gear and definitely not worth killing the plants over. Most people kill the mutants right away, and complain about them, but they being mutated could still end up producing the best quality buds... plus they can outgrow the mutations sometimes.

Same here, i changed the pot during the first week of flipping. ( just after they sexed )

it should be fine, just don't break up any rootball... and always transplant them into more of the same or similar soil.

most transplant shock comes from either being to rough with the roots or planting into soil that is to strong... the fact they are flowering shouldn't effect them, unless they were already ripening

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hey Infini :wave:

Havent seen you around but I see your busy :tiphat:

I see you have these pretty mutated plants...so that is a genetic thing? every time I have seen that I always thought I was over doing nutes or lockout perhaps :bashhead:

I hope things slow down enough for you to to be able to chill at the shop :yes:

take care buddy :smoke out:

BayBHuey

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
it should be fine, just don't break up any rootball and transplant them into more of the same or similar soil.

most transplant shock comes from either being to rough with the roots or planting into soil that is to strong... the fact they are flowering shouldn't effect them, unless they were already ripening

So its fine in the first half of blooming? but not in or before ripening?

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Infini :wave:

Havent seen you around but I see your busy :tiphat:

I see you have these pretty mutated plants...so that is a genetic thing? every time I have seen that I always thought I was over doing nutes or lockout perhaps :bashhead:

I hope things slow down enough for you to to be able to chill at the shop :yes:

take care buddy :smoke out:

BayBHuey
yeah man I have only had time to check in on things real quick in between chores and shit.

this kind of mutation is genetic, though it sometimes goes hand in hand with a plant being sensitive to nutes, and some nute sensitive plants can show show toxicity that can look like mutation.... these are in a very light coco mix, no chance of imbalance here though.

So its fine in the first half of blooming? but not in or before ripening?

generally to be safe yes, the only worry would be to much available nitrogen in the end phase of flowering... especially in Sativas, which can cause regrowth and extended flowering times/uneven ripening.

MostlyMe

Veteran
it should be fine, just don't break up any rootball... and always transplant them into more of the same or similar soil.

Can't give you karma yet, but thanks. Trouble is I used special, low nutrient sandy soil for my seedlings. I want to transplant into a different, reused soil which should be low in nutes, but I can't be sure. Would you still do the transplant or not? (I always grow organically if that makes a difference)