Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 AM #21
budchopper

budchopper will become famous soon enoughbudchopper will become famous soon enough
i loved it thanks very good..
budchopper is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 AM #22
microsmyname2

microsmyname2 is on a distinguished road
I love your guides there so detailed thanks man!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM #23
moses224

Always remeber there are different levels of pruning
Thinning
Light Bending
PRUNING FOR YIELD
Topping
and FIM

FIM for me is pushing the leaves apart at very top of plant you see a small bud (not flowering leaf bud) use nail clippers to pinch / cut 3/4 of the bud......in a single fim clipping i can get eight new colas.

so top
then fuck i missed an your good with bush as sacred as the burning bush a mean green bud making machine...keep a fan on em so they get real solid thick ass stemz

just my 2 cents

Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM #24
Equilibrium

Equilibrium will become famous soon enough
Awesome Kodiak! Thanks a lot for all the info!

I think I'll top my plants to get them bushier.

I am not an English native. Please forgive my grammatical/spelling mistakes. Don't hesitate to correct me.
Equilibrium is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM #25
jamrockjay
Father Son Toker

jamrockjay will become famous soon enoughjamrockjay will become famous soon enough
Gr8, easy to read and understand thread, thx kodiak

We are all 1
people, fightin
the same fight....

RhinoJay lives on...
jamrockjay is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 PM #26
Kodiak
Mad Scientist

Kodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the rough
Good to hear that you found it helpful, I always try to make the text as comprehensive and linear as possible.

Including a lot of pictures is always a good idea as they speak for themselves and they also make the guide a bit more entertaining.

Good idea to use the nail clipper moses224, probably makes FIM topping a whole lot easier.

Go for it Equilibrium, I am sure that you will find that training adds a whole new aspect to growing, which makes vegging a whole lot more interesting and fun. In the process you will veg them for a longer period of time which means that the plants are strong when they go into flowering and you'll end up with a harvest that you can be really happy with.

The grow will take a bit longer to finish but once all those buds start packing on weight, you'll know where that extra time went.

Happy Growing
Kodiak is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 AM #27
barletta
Bandaid

barletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nice
SUPER clean thread, Kodi I just got back from a round of 'late flower leaning' Took a plant with lots of ~even height tops (and wimpy stems) and bent her down. The weight will take care of the rest!

Supercropping/stem smashing and leaning are lazy means to the same ends. You achieve the same effects (plant shaping/height reduction), but with little effort, and a few days of stunted growth. I'm a lazy shaper, lol. Supercropping and lollypoppin. I did go top a plant nice and clean after reading this thread!
barletta is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM #28
FrostedBakes

FrostedBakes is on a distinguished road
great attention to detail with great photos... never left me guessing
FrostedBakes is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 AM #29
magiccannabus
Next Stop: Outer Space!

magiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nice
I've always thought that "super cropping" was an absolutely stupid name, but I do use the technique a bit sometimes. Crushing the stems just a tiny bit does really toughen them up, and doesn't slow down growth at all. That's the trick though, you have to know your plant's threshold. There's a fine line between properly roughed up and clearly damaged. If you're breaking stems ever, you're probably being too rough.

Personally I prefer to FIM the plants first, then train the resulting branches. My current grow actually requires a tall plant, so I no longer use either method on the tops, but I still "top" the side nodes, which fills out the plant so much better.

My Grow Diary(finished)

T-8 only grow cab, taking shoplights to the extreme(finished)

"This coir smells so good I'm having a growgasm!" - Me
magiccannabus is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM #30
Cerb

Despite the fact that I understand these techniques well, this is a great thread. I enjoyed reading it and it will definitely help quite a few in need.