Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM #41
Kodiak
Mad Scientist

Kodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the good vibes

I am sure that you will find a real winner among the strains that I mentioned.
Kodiak is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 AM #42
Stevius
Seeking

Stevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really niceStevius is just really nice
Thumbs up

Very nice my mate! Very nice!!!

KEEP ON!
Stevius is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM #43
early4surely

early4surely is on a distinguished road
Great info man, nuff props although I'm not allowed to boost your karma due to lack of posts. Haven't yet had time to go through the whole thread, will have to circle back.

Bless you for sharing
early4surely is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM #44
Kodiak
Mad Scientist

Kodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the roughKodiak is a jewel in the rough
It's all good. Information is only useful when it is shared with others
Kodiak is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM #45
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud of
this great guide truly deserves stickiness.... you managed to cover all bases with well written & balanced instructions, cant say I have ever read a better one.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM #46
Kodiak
Mad Scientist

Here are some more pictures that I had to leave out of the guide due to limited space:

The foot-candle is equal to one lumen per square foot. Lumen is a measure of the perceived power of light. Full, unobstructed sunlight has an intensity of approximately 10,000 foot-candles.

Light Distance Chart HPS

Light Distance Chart MH

The credit goes to CaliGrower who created these charts in the first place. The charts are in imperial units so those more familiar with the metric system will have to use an online converter.

Also, here is a more detalied picture on the male and female flowers, as well as how they develop:

Note here that somtimes there is undifferntiated vegetative growth at the nodes that can be mistaken for male flowers, so when you are sexing you plants, make sure that you wait long enough to be sure before removing any plant from the grow. The undifferentiated and staminate primordia can resemble each other in the early stages of development.

One thing that is good to keep in mind is that if you see more than one distinct "pod" forming at the node, you are most likely looking at a male plant becuase females produce only one elongated calyx at each node. If the preflower starts splitting up into several "pods" you are looking at a male flower.
Kodiak is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2009, 09:00 AM #47
Graffiti
Humble Member

Graffiti will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

phenomenal thread kodiak, more like a book lol. This one is getting bookmarked for probably many years of future reference. Shit I might even copy the whole thing and save it directly to my computer. Bravo, truly a great collection of knowledgeable information. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 AM #48
Danknuggz

Danknuggz is on a distinguished road
i have a question about your bubbler if u dont mind letting me know, i built one just like it .do u keep the bubbler on all the time or just when the lights are on or is it on a timer for a certain number of minutes on then off for a certain number of minutes?. thanks in advance for any help
Danknuggz is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 AM #49
Kodiak
Mad Scientist

Thanks Graffiti and welcome to the thread Danknuggz. All questions are welcomed.

I keep the bubbler on 24/7 because the lights are also on all the time. The light that I use for the clones is just a 11w cfl kitchen light so I cannot put it on a timer even if I wanted. It's mostly a matter of convenince but it also seems like clones do well under 24h light. Just make sure that the plant you are cloning is well fed before you take the cuttings, that way the clones will last longer, which increases their chance of survival. Temperature also plays a key role in successful cloning, keep the water temp slightly higher than room temperature and the clones will do fine. I use a heating mat for that purpose.

I would keep the air flowing all the time even if you give them some darkness because oxygen is the most important component when it comes to the formation of new roots. There really is no reason to turn it off in my opinion. But if you do, I guess that 5 minute intervals four times an hour would be enough for the water to be properly oxygenated, maybe less.

Still, it's easier to just plug it in the bubbler and let it run all the time. Saves you the time to program two timers and gives your plants oxygen in abundance. When I was watching the clones I noticed that the rate at which the roots grow is directly related to the amount of oxygen available.

I have pulled some thirty healthy clones out of this thing and some clones rooted properly in just 6-7 days, with a total survival rate of about 90%. No more KIA's.

I cannot think of a better way to clone.
Kodiak is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM #50
banjobrain

I agree with everyone else. I too, am a new grower and this is extremely helpful.

Perfect timing with my first grow about to get underway within a few weeks!

Thanks much for the information. You have gone above and beyond the norm in beginning a thread. Well done!