What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Speakers Corner is toxic

h.h.

Veteran
I take your point but for me it wasn't about being upset easily, it was more about principle. I did not at the time want to support a site that seemed ok with racism. Other things I find a challenge are when violence is advocated, such as execution of those who hold a different view.

I do wonder where the line in the sand would be? What subjects would not be allowed? For instance if someone was advocating ethnic cleansing, torture, paedophilia, just to name a few examples, would that be allowed? I just don't think all this has been thought out. The only rule now seems to be that you aren't allowed to abuse other members. I would hate to be a mod at present.

All the pitfalls of Twitter and Facebook mixed with the trappings of the MSM. There is no escape other than avoidance as if one could.

St. Phatty

But it REALLY is like a bar.

Just think, if women walked backwards, it would be easier to stare at their breasts.

That is a genuine Bar room comment.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I take your point but for me it wasn't about being upset easily, it was more about principle. I did not at the time want to support a site that seemed ok with racism. Other things I find a challenge are when violence is advocated, such as execution of those who hold a different view.

I do wonder where the line in the sand would be? What subjects would not be allowed? For instance if someone was advocating ethnic cleansing, torture, paedophilia, just to name a few examples, would that be allowed? I just don't think all this has been thought out. The only rule now seems to be that you aren't allowed to abuse other members. I would hate to be a mod at present.

am with you not supporting a site that is okay with racism. i doubt anyone here would participate in a thread advocating pedophilia. there have already been posts on here in support of racial divisions IE ethnic cleansing/relocation because of national origin, race etc. we see public officials & members of the court advocating death to those they see not as political opponents, but enemies engaged in a life or death struggle for civilization. torture? are we talking "enhanced interrogation" techniques, or dripping hot wax on a willing beautiful young wo...uh, never mind. :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- its called opinions - and you are free to voice them here - some might love 'em - others might not - every terrorist is a hero to somebody - and every hero could be a terrorist to others -

- it all depends how you perceive things - everybody can have a different view - a different interpretation -

- If you want to play judge, jury and executioner to others because your opinions don't gel with theirs - then who's the authoritarian on that?

- Better to be open - and accept the fact that what you think is the best - could well be the worst to someone else - project - walk a mile in those shoes - colour your own perspective -

* <what was that all about? - oh he's just rambling on>

Sunshineinabag

Although I am new here, I was a member previously for a number of years.

i have to say that the speakers corner has really degenerated into a toxic cesspool of hate. Much of this is obviously around the US election. I have read about people advocating for killing their fellow citizens, public hangings,seen videos advocating armed uprising. I have been linked to some sites that can only be described as batshit crazy. All this in a section which is supposed to have friendly discourse.

In the last 2 weeks I have noticed a few old members delete their account, or say they won't post anymore. These issues even spill out into grow forums. To be honest there's some on here that I used to respect a lot; now not so much.

In short, I think the speakers corner is causing huge disharmony and will harm the site in the long term. Personally I am trying to stay away, but have strong views so not always possible. It's like a daily soap opera that I hate, but can't keep away. Plus once you post in a thread it forever updates in my posts.

Anyway if it was up to me I would ditch it altogether, or somehow clean it up. I know this won't happen but I just needed to vent.

If we were teenagers...I fully understand your concern but we're mostly adults here no? Just like your emotions noone controls where you click from the main page.......

I don't go to certain protest rallies because I know it's toxic and I'll get fubar frustrated trying to make sense out of an insane situ. Take what you can use .....leave the rest. :thank you:

Sunshineinabag

I like the "somehow clean it up" part, what do you suggest???

Insults get deleted and folks keep right on going. :D

Chronic insulters get a measly 1 week ban and folks scream. :rolleyes:

....... and don't forget, most peeps here smoke pot for a reason, need I say more??? :whistling:

I'd rub her feet! Just sayin:rtfo:

Brother Nature

If you think it's bad here, think about how confusing it would be to be Albradolf Lincler...

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It's a platform for hate... period.

With Trump leaving office and the idiots having no one to hate, we should have a hate Ringodoggie forum so all the haters can hate me instead of the President of The United States. They don't really care who or what they hate... as long as they can spew and spread their hate.

How about this... I can tell them about the time I shot some slope while she was breast feeding and I killed her and the baby with the same bullet.

Can we talk about that? Can people give their "opinions" about that? How about the dozens of women and children I killed by simply running by and tossing a white into their hut while they were eating.. or fucking or whatever. Who the fuck cares anyway?

OK gang, hate that.

But remember.... it's against the rules to personally attack a member so just post your OPINIONS please.

ROTFLMAO

Oh, and, by the way, if you believe in good vs evil or the premise of love over hate or the simple basis or brotherly love, just remember, it doesn't matter who or what you hate, if you hate, you are still on the side of hate and evil. I believe the phase goes, "as we forgive those who trespass against us", if you believe in that sort of thing. That includes Me and President Trump.

For those of you who will continue to hate and to teach your children to hate... well, I'll see you in hell. Keep an eye out for me. I should be easy to find. I'll probably have a seat right next to the old boy, himself.

So, next time you think about hating something, think about spending eternity with old Ringodoggie. Bring a pineapple.

Peace.

Oh, and just as a matter of record, EVERY mission I went on was by direct order of the President of The United States or the Secretary of Defense. Off topic but just FYI.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have a question.... @Gypsy. If President Trump were a member here would people have to stop bashing him under the "no member attacks" rule?

'Boogieman'

I dealt with extreamly toxic and hateful lefties in here everyday for four years and counting without having to make a thread about it. Got called a nazi white supremacist every day (even though I'm part Mexican/Cherokee) just for voting for who I believed would help my life financially. Both sides have their fare share of toxic haters.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I dealt with extreamly toxic and hateful lefties in here everyday for four years and counting without having to make a thread about it. Got called a nazi white supremacist every day (even though I'm part Mexican/Cherokee) just for voting for who I believed would help my life financially. Both sides have their fare share of toxic haters.
Then you must have noticed the number of long term members and growers who have ether left in disgust, or been banned. You may have also noticed how what happens in the speakers corner sometimes makes it's way to grow threads.

I found the site way friendlier when we didn't know each others political and social views.

'Boogieman'

Then you must have noticed the number of long term members and growers who have ether left in disgust, or been banned. You may have also noticed how what happens in the speakers corner sometimes makes it's way to grow threads.

I found the site way friendlier when we didn't know each others political and social views.

It would be hard for me to notice because I'm not a long time member myself. I was banned from rollitup in 2016 for posting Trump memes in the meme thread (they called it spam) so I came here. People do need to keep their political opinions out of non political threads.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have a question.... @Gypsy. If President Trump were a member here would people have to stop bashing him under the "no member attacks" rule?
.[/QUOTE

let's test this in a practical fashion. :) invite him to join & come see us here in the SC. i'm sure he would feel right at home... :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

being a "nazi white supremacist" is a political definition, not a racial one. the KKK has a few Black members.

Sunshineinabag

Love.....is a burning thing..

.n it makes .....a fiery ring.
These opinions shouldn't dictate how we treat one another. At the end of the day were mutts who still shit out the same hole ....well In most cases

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

- No - any politician is fair game as far as I'm concerned - no one is sacred - can't say if we have any politicians or not as members - since they are a very sneaky lot and would use some anon name - most probably -

- Twatter gets Trump - and we get Ringodoggie for our grass-roots info on atrocities -

St. Phatty

IF SC seems toxic

there's always, watching Surfing

https://www.worldsurfleague.com/

Pro surfing was knocked out of commission around March 2020.

They decided to use this as a time to re-arrange the schedule.

Usually Pipeline is the end of the tour ... this year it's the beginning.

They're starting the 2021 tour now, in Hawaii.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Funny, you would bring that up. Before the Corona party started, I was headed to San Diego. When it's over, I still plan to head that way. My new hobby when I arrive??????

Surfing, of course.

Thanks for the link and the heads up.