What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High of hash vs flower of sativa landraces

In regard to pure sativas:
Do you notice a different high from the same strain comparing hash, oil, and flower. I wonder how curing flower before making hash and oil is compared to just curing the hash or oil

:plant grow:

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, to both.

Better cure your flower to get both the best effect/taste pre hash-making and the green ready to give you the most yeild (while keeping a decent quality).

Then you have to cure your hash to get it ready. Actually it's ready once done but it's just better if you let it sit for a while, less flowery, more hashy taste. :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yes, to both.

Better cure your flower to get both the best effect/taste pre hash-making and the green ready to give you the most yeild (while keeping a decent quality).

Then you have to cure your hash to get it ready. Actually it's ready once done but it's just better if you let it sit for a while, less flowery, more hashy taste. :)

View Image

View Image

View Image

Looks delicious!

How would you compare the cured hash high to cured flower?

Is that made of pure sativas? How do you make the hash?

Sunshineinabag

Dudddde

Dudddde

Yes, to both.

View Image

View Image

View Image

There's a dry cleaning clothing company I'm related to up here and one of my relatives ran chunks until the old boys got caught in the saint lawrence seaway with a few tons.....man do I miss those slabs

Looked just like this...

Attachments

• user245468_pic1826425_1519217933.jpg
    user245468_pic1826425_1519217933.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 29

meizzwang

I've had rosin from pure sativas that got me too high off of one big rip, and the rosin was extracted from fresh flowers! However, most of the times, fresh or "live rosin" from pure sativas don't really have much strength to it: that stuff needs to sit around for a while before it's at peak potency.

Perhaps if you cook the rosin long enough, it'll denature the hash oil enough to bring it to peak potency. What temperature and what amount of time do you need to cook it at? No clue, but I'd probably start off by converting rosin to budder. From my understanding, all you do is cook rosin for longer, which changes the consistency from a viscous oil to a more solid, "butter-like" form.

troutman

Seed Whore
Good hashish is hard to beat.

It's what I first smoked with my oldest brother despite ruining some kitchen knives that caused my parents to flipped out. :biggrin:

i.e Hot Knives

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I love making hash.. All the weed I grow is sativa dominate.

The high is a bit different than from the buds, that's why I make it..

Also because I can cook or bake with hash easily... no need to waste time making butter or oil...
just crumble it up and sprinkle it on top of cookies or whatever...

picture.php

picture.php

Rembetis

to answer your question about oil, I made some BHO one time out of a tropical Sativa. If you do it all I can say is hold on for the ride of your life. There was a very fine line between enough and Holy Shit I'm tooo high! I never made it again. Stuck with the Afghanis but anymore I am back to making some good ole hash.