What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
they do a lot of re-sell. How it's sourced is a question. Was it reproduced with consideration of the source is another.

TP-grower

Hi,-most strains(-Landraces+Heirlooms like X18,DC.... have the same description+name and even pic s like at kwikseeds(-and Landraces only at TRSC/= Agnus!?)?
--Anybody,-any Infos?

meizzwang

No experience with TLT, but RSC is for sure distributing authentic gear, and is consistently legit. They're also pretty fast!

I also recently found out about L@nd**** Maf*a (aka Tr*d**t SEE**), those guys have unique landrace genetics that can't be found elsewhere, directly from their sources. Haven't sprouted their beans, so no comment on viability or quality, will have to report back later. These guys are quick to respond and they follow through!

If their prices hadn't been so high, I would have bought more of their strains ...
Many positive results posted on IG, but some hermied badly (Punto Rojo).

Some are very attractive but the prices are outrageous.
I will wait for others to buy, reproduce and sell them for a fraction of the price.

They are based in south Italy.

I asked where they got their laos dak cheung, and they said oldtimer.
I hope the dak cheung will grow and effect me like the pics and descriptions.

I really want burma from indian landrace exchange but ace isnt shipping to the USA now....

:watchplant:

If their prices hadn't been so high, I would have bought more of their strains ...

I will wait for others to buy, reproduce and sell them for a fraction of the price.

Have you bought from them already? How do you know they are in italy? I wonder why some of their seeds are in the usa and some in Europe...

meizzwang

Hermis come with the territory, you should expect to see them if you're growing beans collected directly from the source and you don't live in the cultivar's region of origin. In the field where these landraces originated, there are reports of zero hermis, yet seeds collected from the same fields grown outside their region of origin hermi frequently. One explanation is that the difference in photoperiods could stress the plants out and cause them to produce the trait that would otherwise not show up "in their home."

Since the hermi trait reportedly doesn't show up, perhaps there isn't selective pressure against it until we start playing with the genetics!

That said, I agree, TLT's prices are way too high, they're charging "finished product" prices. They are offering "foundation" genetics, which will require many years of work to get something worth keeping. It's far from a finished product.

Hermis come with the territory, you should expect to see them if you're growing beans collected directly from the source and you don't live in the cultivar's region of origin. In the field where these landraces originated, there are reports of zero hermis, yet seeds collected from the same fields grown outside their region of origin hermi frequently. One explanation is that the difference in photoperiods could stress the plants out and cause them to produce the trait that would otherwise not show up "in their home."

Since the hermi trait reportedly doesn't show up, perhaps there isn't selective pressure against it until we start playing with the genetics!

That said, I agree, TLT's prices are way too high, they're charging "finished product" prices. They are offering "foundation" genetics, which will require many years of work to get something worth keeping. It's far from a finished product.

Prices are high. But the special thing aout TLT is they dont work the lines, they just do open pollination. Wild types are well needed, worked lines tend to lose the original effects, like ace's oldtimers haze which was said to be really trippy when it came out in the 70s, now not so much :shucks:

need4weed

Veteran
Have you bought from them already? How do you know they are in italy? I wonder why some of their seeds are in the usa and some in Europe...

I have brought from them. The guy I liaised with is in Italy. I sent money to Italy but the seeds were dispatched from the USA. Well packaged seeds in amber voles and wax sealed. Haven't grown them out yet but will do in due course

Status
Not open for further replies.