What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joe Biden Thread

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
not sure about the 4speed, but its the lowly 327/350hp... 2 steps above the bottom of the heap...
$70K sports car in your garage is hardly "lowly". Less that 3000 pounds with 300/350 hp makes it a very fast car. Nobody that owns a 66 327 (many 327s were 300hp) is kicking themselves because they don't have a $120K 427 instead.

It's a very cool car.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
sorry.. if i had a vette, it would be a 427/435, or if i had bought it early enough a l88.... a 350hp.... for the common folk...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
sorry.. if i had a vette, it would be a 427/435, or if i had bought it early enough a l88.... a 350hp.... for the common folk...
If I had a Vette.... You're fantasizing. That's like saying "If I won the lottery". Guess what. You didn't.

Having a pristine, matching number Stingray in your garage Is Cool. Stingrays are cool now, and in its day, it was king of the road. If someone pulled up to a gas station in a Stingray and you started jaw jackin about that big block crap they would just look at you and your pukey little Corolla and laugh.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They went mid-engine and 24 will be an electric Vette. You must have pretty deep pockets for more car than that. The thing about Corvettes is that they made some mushy versions with soft suspensions and automatic transmissions because there were buyers (geezers) who only wanted to look cool and still be 'comfortable'. The ZR1 and the Z06s do handle well.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If I had a Vette.... You're fantasizing. That's like saying "If I won the lottery". Guess what. You didn't.

Having a pristine, matching number Stingray in your garage Is Cool. Stingrays are cool now, and in its day, it was king of the road. If someone pulled up to a gas station in a Stingray and you started jaw jackin about that big block crap they would just look at you and your pukey little Corolla and laugh.
i don't like small block cars of 'any' make- and not much of a corvette fan... i'm more a mopar guy... and surprise surprise... i didn't win the lottery

Attachments

• IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 30

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's obvious you didn't win the lottery, you're showing off a hoopty in a barn find while you're calling Biden's 67 pristine Vette "lowly".

The late 60s & early 70s cars were made for drag racing and the C2 350 Corvette was one of the better handling American cars at the time. Putting big block engines in light weight cars had only one purpose - going fast in a straight line. In the 70s, if you wanted a car that really handled well you bought a European car. Mushy hydraulic power steering, live rear axle, bias ply tires, and ridiculously sloppy shifters doesn't cut it for handling.

Forget the handling, the Superbird was probably the ugliest American car ever made. Right up there with the AMC Pacer. That wing and extended snout was ridiculous. No car ever got more eye rolls than that one.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the Superbird was probably the ugliest American car ever made. Right up there with the AMC Pacer. That wing and extended snout was ridiculous. No car ever got more eye rolls than that one.

yes it was... until it wasn't - i had a few birds in the ninety's until a few years ago, and my teenagers would'nt be caught dead in one.... until they took one out and drove it , and lots of people gave em thumbs up, horn beeps, and the young cute girls took an interest... but wasn't that always the case... nice cars attract pretty girls..

if i didn't have a nice car, i'd be lucky to attract Phyllis diller....

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Girls! Girls! You're both pretty!

Now shut up and get back to making fun of Joe Biden.
Don't get your panties to0 bunched up over this, but I happen to think Biden's car is pretty cool.
Just because the guy walks a little funny, doesn't open up his car for pot shots.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
yes it was... until it wasn't - i had a few birds in the ninety's until a few years ago, and my teenagers would'nt be caught dead in one.... until they took one out and drove it , and lots of people gave em thumbs up, horn beeps, and the young cute girls took an interest... but wasn't that always the case... nice cars attract pretty girls..

if i didn't have a nice car, i'd be lucky to attract Phyllis diller....
As a kid, I worked at a Chrysler dealer and got to drive them all. The best one was the GTX. It had a Hurst shifter with the pistol grip and a pop up ram air hood scoop. Idling with the clutch out it felt like it was walking with the 440. You could just punch it and it would burn out like crazy with tons of smoke. I drove all those cars, Baracudas, Road Runners with the beep beep horn, Chargers. They were crazy fast but they didn't handle for shit.

Having owned a couple Vettes over the years, I like them. In the 70s, I had cars like a BMW 2002, then a Volvo P1800E. Those were good handling cars but with 2 liters, they didn't have the power of the beasts. I rode fast motorcycles to get the acceleration fix.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Don't get your panties to0 bunched up over this, but I happen to think Biden's car is pretty cool.
Just because the guy walks a little funny, doesn't open up his car for pot shots.
everyone walks "funny" when they get that old, lol...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ahhh... they were probably good looking guys... if u look like me, u need a nice... actually a very nice car to attract the opposite sex...
i wouldn't go out with someone that was attracted to my car...unless SHE was driving a beat to shit rusty-ass muddy jeep! i gotta find another tree-skinner... more fun than motorcycles!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
ahhh... they were probably good looking guys... if u look like me, u need a nice... actually a very nice car to attract the opposite sex...
Maybe you were just giving the car too much credit.
My second wife was a knockout untilI really got to know her and then I really didn't like what I saw.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
My second wife was a knockout untilI really got to know her and then I really didn't like what I saw.
i don't recall who first told me this, but...we were watching a REALLY pretty woman walking away down the sidewalk (their better side) and he said "no matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere there's a guy that got tired of ------- her..."

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
i don't recall who first told me this, but...we were watching a REALLY pretty woman walking away down the sidewalk (their better side) and he said "no matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere there's a guy that got tired of ------- her..."
Or a whole bunch of them.

It took to long before my large brain started working again and I found out how much I didn't know.