What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cancel Culture

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can’t boycott what I wouldn’t buy anyway. His pillows are junk.

Who sells the best pillows?
I stayed at a clients house, overlooking Ft Sumpter with pic of him and president bush on the wall..in the same house......and that was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in and I've slept in nothing but waterbeds for decades and this not a waterbed. This non flotation bed was a stearns and foster and when we looked it up we saw it retailed for either 6 or 8 grand, needless to say I still sleep on water beds and while my neck is still bone on bone my lower back never felt better :dance:
But pillows, now that seems to be the new golden fleece . Who makes the best pillows?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue pinstripe? I'm game to try any pillow for $3.50, thanks!

h.h.

Veteran
Who sells the best pillows?
I stayed at a clients house, overlooking Ft Sumpter with pic of him and president bush on the wall..in the same house......and that was the most comfortable bed I ever slept in and I've slept in nothing but waterbeds for decades and this not a waterbed. This non flotation bed was a stearns and foster and when we looked it up we saw it retailed for either 6 or 8 grand, needless to say I still sleep on water beds and while my neck is still bone on bone my lower back never felt better :dance:
But pillows, now that seems to be the new golden fleece . Who makes the best pillows?

I have Errol Flynn’s bed. I don’t use it. It’s an odd size.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Mr.Pillow is bagged up shredded foam sewn shut. You can buy them with different volumes of fill.

I have a Nest. It’s stuffed with a fiberfill material and small pieces of natural latex. It has a zipper so you can adjust the volume to your comfort. I don’t know that it’s the best. I prefer it to down pillows.

https://www.nestbedding.com/products/the-easy-breather-natural-pillow?variant=1054602168&gclid=CjwKCAiA9bmABhBbEiwASb35V1aWTLC4P7Tuk0uuYnIRmw3oiTy9imRVmCkY0i-lN63OXnTfAjUmExoCG4oQAvD_BwE

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha Ha I was going to say........might be a tad bit worn out no? Thanks for the reco's

M

member 505892

Best pillow ever: IKEA goose feathers, reg. size, $20.

I’ve spent A LOT of money on pillows, this is the best.

What makes it so awesome if i may ask?

I've had some pretty good pillows before but they never stay that way for very long.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- ehhh - somehow we went from cancel culture to pillows - now that's what I call a wild topic tangent -

- can we get back on track? - or do we have to work our way thru mattresses and duvet covers - before we get there? - lol

White Beard

Back on topic: “cancel culture” is bullshit. People always and everywhere have made choices about who they would hang out with, who they would live around, who they would do business with. Christians hived off into their own “fish” markets & mostly do business with the right kind of Christians; the original ‘boycott’ occurred when Irish farmers refused to buy the products of the local lord, Charles Boycott, in retaliation for the his abysmal performance in his role. People make choices; if they can’t make the choices they want, they’ll make the choices they *can* make.

The “freedom-loving” among us feel ‘canceled’ because no one wants to play with them, so they pout, and they say it’s not fair...but if nobody wants to play with you, maybe you’re an asshole. Maybe people are free to decide they don’t want to hang around assholes, don’t want to work for assholes, don’t want to clog their precious free time and attention span with assholes.

It’s a free country, they say; you should be free to decide who you don’t want to hang with, at the very least. And you shouldn’t have to feel like an asshole just because assholes wish you would hang with them. Unity, motherfucker - do you speak it?

Agreements made under duress are not binding: assholes be ‘ware

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- ahh - the problem is White Beard - is that what some people call 'Arseholes' others call 'Hero's' - and never the twain shall meet - lol

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... hasn't it always been that way? Will education and legislation ever be able to really change the ways of the world?

Everything always seems to revert back.

h.h.

Veteran
- ahh - the problem is White Beard - is that what some people call 'Arseholes' others call 'Hero's' - and never the twain shall meet - lol

Some thought hitler the hero. History thought otherwise. Few countries celebrate the losers as ours does unless we’ve stolen something from them.

We all seem to have different definitions.

I presented the term “cultivating culture”.
“Cancel culture” is designed to express negativity. Refusing to buy from a slick salesman hiding behind a cross, one who would do our country harm is presented in a negative light. Tearing down statues of past insurgents is seen as a bad thing. Being stuck in the evils of the past becomes the goal. A term used often by a failed leader.

It’s time to move on. Shape our world and stop living in the past.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Some thought hitler the hero. History thought otherwise. Few countries celebrate the losers as ours does unless we’ve stolen something from them.

We all seem to have different definitions.

I presented the term “cultivating culture”.
“Cancel culture” is designed to express negativity. Refusing to buy from a slick salesman hiding behind a cross, one who would do our country harm is presented in a negative light. Tearing down statues of past insurgents is seen as a bad thing. Being stuck in the evils of the past becomes the goal. A term used often by a failed leader.

It’s time to move on. Shape our world and stop living in the past.

- Maybe it is already known where we are going - by a chosen few in the past - and even today - as history is changed, massaged and destroyed - Maybe the messages and example of those removed (or 'CANCELLED') - is removed with them?

Buddy Holly - Maybe Baby - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iXD3roGhc

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts