What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I also have 4 Cherry Fire Pie OG (Relentless Genetics) Plants running, they already stink like hell, even being so small and in VEG.

picture.php
picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
CBG Oaxaca79S1 clones today.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

BTW: Im using a different light cycle a friend recommend me for VEG since a while. It's 12h on /5.5h off/ 1h on /5.5h off. It's working great and i can save a good amount of energy.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
So i finally transplanted all the CBG Oaxaca79S1 clones into their pots. (a few plants in the background are Vmans Oaxaca79Skull and a few Relentless Cherry Fire Pie OG's)
The big CBG Oaxaca79S1 plants is using a lot of space as you can see. :)

picture.php

picture.php

Legalcdn

Nice room. The big one looks beautiful. Nice roots on the clones. Interesting light cycle..makes sense.some people do the same outdoor to keep in veg.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice room. The big one looks beautiful. Nice roots on the clones. Interesting light cycle..makes sense.some people do the same outdoor to keep in veg.

Thanks, yes she is a beauty, not expected she will look like this when i started with her, as she was relatively slow at first. But as soon as the root system was nice developed she exploded. Yes heard about that the Gas Lantern Technique also was used Outdoor, i'll experiment with this Technique to get a better overview how different strains will react to it. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
That looks wonderful PP, have a bunch of these seeds on ice so nice to see you growing it out👍

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Thanks RC! Yes i can remember a while ago you've said somewhere that you have some as well. Maybe don't wait too long to pop them, as the germ rate wasn't the best anymore. Yes they germed, but almost all of them not had the power anymore to grow their tap root. So i think i was just in time to pop them to have at least one survivor, which happily seems to be a nice vigorous Plant. Today i've checked my Plants, and happily it seems i have a Male of Vermontmans OaxacaSkull. So i could make a test cross with the CBG Oaxaca79S1 soon it seems. Would be really happy to test some of them already on my next run. :)

Peace :thank you:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Yesterday i smoke tested a very early fast dried Bud of Vermontmans Oaxaca79Skull, i felt great, it has that "everything is ok" feeling, no heart racing, no bad side effects. It's a "feeling good" herb, feels great in the head. Vman said his Oax never gave him a edgy feeling, i also never had a edgy feeling on it, not from this time, and not from the first time in 2017 where i grew this line first. Never was able to "overdose" it, even it is potent, but not in any bad way. Im a sensitive person when it comes to weed, get easy in a panick mode with heart racing etc., but not with this weed, just feeling good. Not easy for me to find a weed with this type of high in modern hybrids, most strains really give me a uncomfortable feeling very fast, again, not this one.....

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
high ceiling?

Yes would say it has a high ceiling. In around 2 weeks i can harvest the first CBG Oaxaca79S1xOaxaca79SKULL Seeds, i'll pop 30 Seeds of this cross for my next run which should start in around 6 weeks. My goal is to find a nice mother which has the smell of the CBG Oaxaca79S1, but with the high and big buds of Vermontmans Oaxaca.

First 3 pics Vmans Oaxaca79Skull, rest CBG Oaxaca79S1
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

martian313

On Vermontmans Oaxacan line we think it maybe has a connection to old Lebanese lines and maybe was brought to Mexico by Lebanese migrants. The main aroma in Vermontmans Oaxacan line are pine and cedar with slighty fruity undertones as well as a hashi note. Vman told me that in the late 80's he was in Amsterdam and smoked some red lebanon hash which reminds him a lot to his Oaxacan line. Pine, cedar, as well as fruity and hashi notes are also often reported to be in lebanese lines, which are also pretty fast finishing, the high also is reported to be cerebral. And when i look at some pictures of lebanese plants i could swear i see a lot of similarities. The resin production and the big buds look familar as well. :)

Hey Pineapple, excellent thread amazing to see these Oaxacan returning, what a worthwhile conservation and rediscovery project. Hats off to Vermontman and yourself , Charlie Garcia, Dubi and all those pushing on this. I've been a HOG hunter for 20 years now having experiencing two hog like and stellar specimens from DJ's lines Flo and f-13 lines. These and DJ's tales of the HOG are my source of inspiration with this fantastic plant.

On this I'm so glad you brought up the possible Lebanese connection for the HOG. I have noticed this and commented previously on this on ICMAG - would absolutely concur on similarities on flavour, terpenes, colour and overall appearance. I have had experience with Real Seeds Lebanese for this specific reason and can agree that it has many attributes related to descriptions of the Oaxacan. I can also fully agree on the red Lebanese hash similarities too. My first ever serious cannabis experience was with red Lebanese hash in 1990 and the high was so far from narcotic, it was utterly psychedelic, happy, silly, mind expandingly hilarity causing, feel good high that lasted hours and hours- very like the finest f-13 I've yet found.

A key point I think that has been missed in reference to the HOG for many years is that DJ short himself describes it as "nearly pure sativa" - it's 10 -12 week compact flowers and flower time being possible testament to that. Further DJ writes about Mexican grown "Lebanese Upper Mountain" from southern Mexico in his heritage strains run down. The RSC Lebanese has green and red/purple phenos that run between 10-12 weeks , look very much like a stockier and somewhat compact version of Vermont mans HOG, and has crazy cedar/spice/ dark fruit flavours with a low/medium potency, super happy, calm cerebral high - not quite as clear and zippy as a Mexican sativa but shares some key qualities for certain. I suspect that HOG may be originally be a Mexican acclimated Lebanese or a hybrid between an older mexi or Colombian strain and the Leb. Alternatively there may simply be similarities between Lebanese and Oaxacan mountain habitats that have brought about selection for similar phenotypes tbat have arisen from different gene pools. Interestingly the infamous Terence McKenna spoke in his writings and lectures of super cannabis in terms of three plants/products: Red Lebanese hash, Oaxacan "pollen" and Colombian "Santa Marta" Gold and there affinity for smoothing and guiding deep mushroom and ayahuasca trips - just Like DJ's descriptions of the HOG complimenting psychedelics. DJ also notes similarities between Colombian highland gold and Oaxacan highland gold.

Either way, just chiming in with absolute agreement on this line of thought and enquiry and the assertion that the HOG of old may not be simply be an old Mexican landrace.

Wonderful thread and wonderful plants. I attached some vermont man purple satellite pics which are in for the long cure. I can't tell you how excited I am to experience it's effects.

Peace M313

Attachments

• Purpsat2.jpg
    Purpsat2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Purpsat1.jpg
    Purpsat1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hey Pineapple, excellent thread amazing to see these Oaxacan returning, what a worthwhile conservation and rediscovery project. Hats off to Vermontman and yourself , Charlie Garcia, Dubi and all those pushing on this. I've been a HOG hunter for 20 years now having experiencing two hog like and stellar specimens from DJ's lines Flo and f-13 lines. These and DJ's tales of the HOG are my source of inspiration with this fantastic plant.

On this I'm so glad you brought up the possible Lebanese connection for the HOG. I have noticed this and commented previously on this on ICMAG - would absolutely concur on similarities on flavour, terpenes, colour and overall appearance. I have had experience with Real Seeds Lebanese for this specific reason and can agree that it has many attributes related to descriptions of the Oaxacan. I can also fully agree on the red Lebanese hash similarities too. My first ever serious cannabis experience was with red Lebanese hash in 1990 and the high was so far from narcotic, it was utterly psychedelic, happy, silly, mind expandingly hilarity causing, feel good high that lasted hours and hours- very like the finest f-13 I've yet found.

A key point I think that has been missed in reference to the HOG for many years is that DJ short himself describes it as "nearly pure sativa" - it's 10 -12 week compact flowers and flower time being possible testament to that. Further DJ writes about Mexican grown "Lebanese Upper Mountain" from southern Mexico in his heritage strains run down. The RSC Lebanese has green and red/purple phenos that run between 10-12 weeks , look very much like a stockier and somewhat compact version of Vermont mans HOG, and has crazy cedar/spice/ dark fruit flavours with a low/medium potency, super happy, calm cerebral high - not quite as clear and zippy as a Mexican sativa but shares some key qualities for certain. I suspect that HOG may be originally be a Mexican acclimated Lebanese or a hybrid between an older mexi or Colombian strain and the Leb. Alternatively there may simply be similarities between Lebanese and Oaxacan mountain habitats that have brought about selection for similar phenotypes tbat have arisen from different gene pools. Interestingly the infamous Terence McKenna spoke in his writings and lectures of super cannabis in terms of three plants/products: Red Lebanese hash, Oaxacan "pollen" and Colombian "Santa Marta" Gold and there affinity for smoothing and guiding deep mushroom and ayahuasca trips - just Like DJ's descriptions of the HOG complimenting psychedelics. DJ also notes similarities between Colombian highland gold and Oaxacan highland gold.

Either way, just chiming in with absolute agreement on this line of thought and enquiry and the assertion that the HOG of old may not be simply be an old Mexican landrace.

Wonderful thread and wonderful plants. I attached some vermont man purple satellite pics which are in for the long cure. I can't tell you how excited I am to experience it's effects.

Peace M313

Hello Martian, yes i think some of the famous Mexican Weed could come from Lebanese genetics brought to Mexico from Lebanese migrants. But there were so many different Mexican lines back then it seems, a lot of mixing also could have happened. I often heard people mentioned menthol aromas in Oaxacan lines, DJ short not mentioned it in his descriptions, his words more fit to Vmans Oaxaca. Vmans Oax also is a more "compact" one, not really compact, as on pictures it looks more dense as it really is, under LED she also acts much different as under MH or HPS light from what i know. Where ever it originally came from, i really like it, it's perfect for me as it not affects me in a negative way as a lot of other strains, the type of high in this line seems to be stable, just slightly different aromas. The main aroma is the same on all, but here and there you can find a plant which has some creamy notes, some more, some less. :)

Nice Purple Satellite you have there, hope you like the high when it's ready. The longer the cure, the better the high. SolarLogos wrote a nice smoke report about the Purple Satellite. :)

Peace

herbgreen

Veteran
Yes would say it has a high ceiling. In around 2 weeks i can harvest the first CBG Oaxaca79S1xOaxaca79SKULL Seeds, i'll pop 30 Seeds of this cross for my next run which should start in around 6 weeks. My goal is to find a nice mother which has the smell of the CBG Oaxaca79S1, but with the high and big buds of Vermontmans Oaxaca.

You the man! on these oaxacan plants thanks for the new pics as they progress....

:respect:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thanks herb, im still early in progress to try different Oaxacan genetics.^^

Day 34 11/13 (one pheno has some nice nutmeg undertones)

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

herbgreen

Veteran
My goal is to find a nice mother which has the smell of the CBG Oaxaca79S1, but with the high and big buds of Vermontmans Oaxaca.

Is a lovely plant with new power and vigor after being BX using the Federation Hawaiian sativa

Seems very vigorous and powerful both do really

Nice combination

hope you can hit that breeding goal

Its sounds do-able

you will find great phenos along way I'm sure!

Great plants

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Is a lovely plant with new power and vigor after being BX using the Federation Hawaiian sativa

Seems very vigorous and powerful both do really

Nice combination

hope you can hit that breeding goal

Its sounds do-able

you will find great phenos along way I'm sure!

Great plants

Yeah i think he did a good Job with the Outcrossing and backcrossing with the Hawaiian Sativa. Sometimes there isn't a other option and outcrossing is needed, when growing and reproducing the same line over such a long time in a relatively small population she will suffer from inbreeding earlier or later. When i had to choose between losing the line completely or outcrossing i would do the same i think. The tricky part is to find the right outcross partner i guess, i think the Hawaiian Sativa contains some Oaxacan to some part, maybe thats why it worked so nice with her. Pretty good vigor in the OaxacanSkull, think the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 x Oaxaca'79Skull will offer some nice phenotypes.

The CBG Oaxaca'79S1 Seeds were small without mottling, the Oaxaca'79Skull Seeds were big with mottling. It's a bit early to tell, but when i saw right the Seeds of the cross now are big without mottling, but time will tell.

From what i saw i think the CGB Oaxaca'79 makes some nice blown up calyxes when being crossed to other strains, let's see. :)

Breadwizard

Speaking of seed shape, the First Lady (which I've heard rumored to be possibly old Oaxacan), and another Oaxacan line I recently acquired, both have the largest seeds in my collection. They also seem a bit more round than other lines I have.

The smallest have been the Lolab Kashmiri, but that was from unfarmed stands, so one might expect smaller seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts