What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding a Cambodian auto

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
There, some buds forming on the sativaish hybrids. The leaves look cambodian, but I don't know what to think of the kush-nugget bud. Might be from the auto, hope to select for more stringy buds in f3, buds likely to foxtail. Trying to make an auto that produces dreadlocks is a parallel project.

View Image

I'd love to grow auto foxtail flowers but i would want there to be a Kush element in this breed to get lots of frosty trich on the flowers.

Years ago i grew a regular plant with foxtail flowers and it was hella frosty. So a foxtailing auto with good yields would be one of those special kind of creations. My take on it.

teide

Veteran
I hear ya, cheesebuds.
This is a foxtailing pheno on a burmese landrace bred by Indian landrace exchange.
It has been crossed with a hindu kush, probably giving it more resin than without the kush.
It flowers for more than three months, so probably impossible to develop these foxtails in an auto.
picture.php

I would be thrilled if I got these foxtails on my cambodian!

teide

Veteran
picture.php

The f1s seem resinous and filling in nicely.
The buds look hybrid, but fine. Hope to see seeds maturing soon. These f1s are treated badly, but they are coping. F2s will be given better care.

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Is there a bluish tint to these buds? Must be from the dr.Feelgood kush genes.

teide

Veteran
Finally my khmer gold seeds are on their way!
Planning on crossing the auto f2s with a male KG to get even more cambodian genes in the mix. Khmer Gold pollen would be beneficial when backcrossing the autos to photo. So I hope to find a true male in the 20pack.
I am also crossing my fingers for a bleeding pheno among the females. Would love to introgress the red brix/anthocyanins trait that some growers here have found in the line..

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Hope to find a few autos among these f2 seeds. Two weeks old, I'll give them three more weeks to mature.

teide

Veteran
picture.php

More pistils and seeds than trichomes on this one.
picture.php

Decent trich coverage on non-seeded buds, and still time for more to develop.

teide

Veteran
I received my khmer gold seeds today!
So now my auto project will get an upgrade.
I am so stoked to have authentic cambodian landrace seeds in the house!
I plan two different routes ahead:
1:introducing khmer gold in the hybrid already in progress.
2:starting from scratch with khmer gold crossed with auto jack herer from la buena hierba, which arrived in the mail together with the KG seeds.

I reckon the second option will result in a more sativa looking cambodian auto, as the auto jack from LBH already looks sativaish, much more so than the dr. Feelgood I initially used as auto pollen donor.
Hopes are up for a very landrace looking auto in the end.

The f2 seeds from khalifa cambodian x dr. Feelgood are ready for harvesting at the end of next week. It would be a shame to stop this project when I am close to getting the first autoflowering hybrids. So I will grow out these seeds and intercross them to get fully auto f3s.
I guess I will continue documenting this cross here in this thread and make a new thread for the khmer gold auto project.

teide

Veteran
So this last pic is the Cambo F1 or the siberian Auto?

Here is the Siberian auto..
picture.php

It looks ridiculous..
Unfortunately, it's the only one out of ten seeds that sprouted, most likely my fault. So it's the only ruderalis pollen I have. I will use it on both khmer gold and the khalifa cambodian.
Sure will be interesting to see f1s of khmer gold and ruderalis. Cambodian landrace that reaches six, seven feet and flowers forever. Crossed with this puny ruderalis 20 cm tall, super fast flowering..

gorilla ganja

That looks like a hurting plant. Did you just have it under low light conditions?
I have heard the siberian can be hard to sprout.
The F1's will be interesting none the less.Too bad you never had more luck with the Siberians to get a little more diversity. Cross it to a few females if you can.

Peace GG

teide

Veteran
Actually it was in the veg chamber with decent light. Just moved it to my succulents and clones tank when it was ready to release pollen, seeing that it wasn't increasing its size. So I guess more light wouldn't do it. It has received no extra ferts as it is supposed to have low needs. Might have improved with better conditions still, hard to say without more plants to compare. One more rudi germed and grew outside, but it got eaten by slugs.
I will cross it with as many females as I can, also try to store a tiny amount for later. A little goes a long way, so I am not worried I won't pass on the genes.
Just pollenated my Dr grinspoon yesterday. Crazy flowering time, hope to reduce that with the rudi.

teide

Veteran
One khmer gold has surfaced and dropped its shell! It will be a while before it is ready to be crossed..
Wondering about the quickest way if it's a female. Taking cuts and then crossing the cut, or keeping the cut in veg and flowering the original plant. Think I'll take cuts and flip this plant when the cuts have rooted.

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

This is where the fun begins. Hopefully you can pop some decent numbers to find the gems.
Even if you have to do several runs.

Peace GG

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Khmer gold in all its glory. Not.
Thinking it's going to die, unfortunately.
Quite golden color, at least.

teide

Veteran
Auto Jack Herer from labuenahierba.
picture.php

Two phenos. One quicker and taller, one slightly slower with more color.
This strain will be a third auto donor to the khalifa cambodian. The auto Jack is bred for northern climate. It should be more sativa than the dr.feelgood, and definitely more potent than the siberian ruderalis.

Which of the two phenos do you think is better? Early flowering might be more hemp-leaning, I've read. Purple might give more fruity terps and slightly less potency? I don't mind some purple, but I would prefer the incense terps.

gorilla ganja

I would use both. Selection comes later. Just get as many genes in there as possible.
Unless 1 stands out as a true winner.But hard to tell with males.

aliceklar

Great thread, subbed!

I'm playing with making my own autos too, so am watching and learning. I've a batch of Syrian from TRSC that I'm planning to use in my next grow as the pollen donor, and an AK47 auto as the mother. Description says Syrian is fast finishing and has semi-autoflowering characteristics, so looks promising. If I "backcross" the F1s to another auto (shame you cant clone them eh?) then there should be 50% autos in the next generation, which might save a bit of time.

Latest posts

Latest posts