What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Political Discussion in The Speakers Corner....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
An impressively brilliant individual with a terribly flawed moral compass that brought destruction to everything he touched...

pls tell me your not saying Putin destroyed everything he touched? this guy single handedly saved Russia from the western backed oligarchs running it in to the ground for their own profit. if we use the same moral compass on him as well as the US presidents, you have to be blind not to see who's moral compass is more fucked up. its not the Russians who have over 200 military bases in the whole world. not Russia involved in 10s of wars at the same time all the time for the last 20 years. not Russia who legalized torture, extraordinary rendition, not Russia forcing their laws on the whole world, not Russia sanctioning the Syrian, Iranian, Yemeni, Cuban, Venezuelan, Yemeni people to death, not Russia fucking Afghanistan up the ass for 20 years, not Russia helping Saudi fuck Yemen up the Ass for 6 years, not Russia dropping bombs all over the world willy nilly, not Russia running guantanamo. not Russia supporting terrorists for regimechange, not Russia refusing to leave a sovereign Iraq when their gov asked them to...... i could go on and on, this is just a small list

Gry

pls tell me your not saying Putin destroyed everything he touched? this guy single handedly saved Russia from the western backed oligarchs running it in to the ground for their own profit. if we use the same moral compass on him as well as the US presidents, you have to be blind not to see who's moral compass is more fucked up. its not the Russians who have over 200 military bases in the whole world. not Russia involved in 10s of wars at the same time all the time for the last 20 years. not Russia who legalized torture, extraordinary rendition, not Russia forcing their laws on the whole world, not Russia sanctioning the Syrian, Iranian, Yemeni, Cuban, Venezuelan, Yemeni people to death, not Russia fucking Afghanistan up the ass for 20 years, not Russia helping Saudi fuck Yemen up the Ass for 6 years, not Russia dropping bombs all over the world willy nilly, not Russia running guantanamo. not Russia supporting terrorists for regimechange, not Russia refusing to leave a sovereign Iraq when their gov asked them to...... i could go on and on, this is just a small list

Nor would it be a list that I would argue with. No it would not be Putin I refer to. I find him somewhat admirable as
I would anyone who looks out for their own and punches above their weight.
Not seen a threat from overseas that has ever given me great concern for the future of this country.
Be happy to lend even more ammo to your argument, Russia has never distributed nuke technology.
I believe there to be 15 countries with the technology.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Nor would it be a list that I would argue with. No it would not be Putin I refer to. I find him somewhat admirable as
I would anyone who looks out for their own and punches above their weight.
Not seen a threat from overseas that has ever given me great concern for the future of this country.
Be happy to lend even more ammo to your argument, Russia has never distributed nuke technology.
I believe there to be 15 countries with the technology.

lol, sorry about that. not saying hes an angel of course.
so, who is the brilliant man with the flawed compass who has everything turn to shit he touches? LOL?

edited to add: ahh, you mean Obama right? i would say he's pretty brilliant, very intelligent. his moral compass was really good during the first campaign, i was blown away. family were saying how he might represent a real new beginning for the US. his rhetoric was flawless, his ideology seemed to be so libertarian based with a strong belief in supporting the poorest among us. trouble is it all changed as soon as he entered office. his very rhetoric changed and his actions were in direct contradiction to his campaign promises and speeches. specially in the foreign policy arena did his moral compass get thrown out the window it seems to me and yes all his regime change attempts were a failure that caused horrendous consequences for the people in those nations, ie turned to shit.

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
- my guess is that he got told who the real bosses were - and didn't fancy getting JFK'ed -

This 100%. I had a lot of hope that Obama would end the wars. When he didn’t I knew there was little hope. When trump didn’t end them I knew there was none.
the only way these wars end is if someone breaks up the empire

Gry

This 100%. I had a lot of hope that Obama would end the wars. When he didn’t I knew there was little hope. When trump didn’t end them I knew there was none.
the only way these wars end is if someone breaks up the empire
What did you hear that made you think they had any interest in withdrawing support for ongoing conflicts, or changing the basic
nature of how things are done ?

mowood3479

Veteran
What did you hear that made you think they had any interest in withdrawing support for ongoing conflicts, or changing the basic
nature of how things are done ?

Tbh I don’t really remember the specifics... Obama was easy to believe in... pre election he spoke of the mistake of the Iraq war.. ending the war in afghanistan... and then when he got in there he only escalated things., I’d hoped hope and change was gonna be a real thing

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i tried to find some of Obamas interviews from the 1st campaign, but im not having much luck. but i do remember vividly how he ranted against gitmo, how he called the Iraq war a huge mistake, he talked about the bad results of wars based on lies, he talked about executive orders being unconstitutional, he said torture is a war crime and he said the president should have congressional approval to go to war. he was so opposite to Bush jt seemed a very hopeful time. it lasted exactly till he got nominated as the official democratic nominee, at which point he stated talking about the right war being Afghanistan and the wrong war being Iraq. and things rapidly went down hill from there, ending with the destruction of Libya on "humanitarian" grounds. slave markets are prospering there to this day thanks to the humanitarian bombs.

Gry

- my guess is that he got told who the real bosses were - and didn't fancy getting JFK'ed -

I always envisioned the first briefing an incoming President receives to be so inclusive and comprehensive as to be borderline overwhelming.

Recall the heady feeling of Obama's initial campaign all too well. We live in an insidious society.
Never been very good at telling us the truth, but sure have advertising down pat.

mexweed

Veteran
Obama's presidency was a participation trophy he got for being black

a lot of people voted for him because they had a boner over the country's first black president like a status symbol to be a part of

a young Muhammad Ali probably would have called him an uncle Tom...you can almost hear him going off...he ain't out there to support no poor negroes they put him out there to dupe black folk into the white man's agenda he ain't gonna stop no wars

h.h.

Veteran
Yet Obama fixed Georges fuck up. Even if he was black.
Some folks still can't get over that.
It wasn't about him being black.

Like a black president was supposed to fix your racism.

Absolem

Obama's presidency was a participation trophy he got for being black

a lot of people voted for him because they had a boner over the country's first black president like a status symbol to be a part of

a young Muhammad Ali probably would have called him an uncle Tom...you can almost hear him going off...he ain't out there to support no poor negroes they put him out there to dupe black folk into the white man's agenda he ain't gonna stop no wars

This post is typical of people who want to dismiss the achievements of black people by simply saying they only got in because of the color of their skin.

Minorities are told to work hard and they can achieve the American dream. Then when they do people crap on them and act like they don't deserve that success. Obama went to Harvard and was head of Harvard's Law Review.

What this all comes down to is white people hate seeing minorities succeed.

mexweed

Veteran
not really, I think a lot of people that voted for Obama work hard but didn't go to Harvard, a lot of them probably work harder than people that go to Harvard

h.h.

Veteran
Then there’s some that work smarter and go to Harvard. Good for them. Some would prefer stupidity.

h.h.

Veteran
- Also I too believe that our own history has been messed with - and only a very censored and one sided account with a distinct agenda is commonly available thru the main-media and educational institutions - it is still possible to research histories from other perspectives using the internet and physical libraries though -

- When I first visited Vietnam many years ago - and heard the Vietnamese accounts of 'The American War' in the 1960's and 70's - it all seemed to conflict with how that war had been presented to us thru school history lessons - as I attended school during the years of what the west called 'The Vietnam War' - and Vietnam called 'The American War' - it made me realize that there are often two or more accounts of the same events in history - and the one that makes more sense to you - is usually the one you are more likely to believe - the truth could well be within an amalgam of two or more distinctly different perspectives - the more you search - the more you learn - and also - the more confused by it all you can become - for there is always the pressure upon you to form an opinion - but how can you do that - without all of the evidence to make that opinion - much of which has been either destroyed or hidden in the past - and even if known by a few in the present - is kept at bay by the use of propaganda techniques/social engineering -

-

Cause we’re are not all total dumb shits. Some do think they’re smarter than the rest and try to paint all others as products of the media somehow putting themselves in the know while swimming in the same cesspool. I didn’t have to go to Viet Nam to realize it was not their war. People have the ability to think for themselves.
‘yes. History is not always accurate. That doesn’t mean there is none.

Absolem

The idea a black man born with the name Cassius Clay who became a follower of Islam, later changing his name to Muhammad Ali, was a outspoken social justice warrior, taunted people and was a loud mouth in and out of the boxing ring................would somehow call Barrack Hussein Obama born from a Muslim father and lived in Kenya for a short time becoming our nations first black president would somehow be called a uncle tom by Ali. It shows you know nothing about Ali.

Ali was hated more during his time then Colin Kaepernick is today.

This is what the right does to shed it's rough skin from the past. They try co opt the people they once had disdain for. JFK was called a communist when he was president by the right. Now they say it's to bad Dem presidents aren't more like JFK. They are doing the same with Ali. In 30 years you will hear them say kind things about Colin Kaepernick.

mexweed

Veteran
It's more about Obama perpetuating the white ruling class agenda and not really being different than a Bush, Muhammad Ali was a follower of Malcom X, that's an entirely different animal than whatever Obama's dad followed

h.h.

Veteran
It's more about Obama perpetuating the white ruling class agenda and not really being different than a Bush, Muhammad Ali was a follower of Malcom X, that's an entirely different animal than whatever Obama's dad followed

He wasn’t black enough?

Latest posts

Latest posts