What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

PlasmaTube

1/3 Nanda Devi in veg
Popped some to see what's up and (if there's a female) get her outside for the outdoor season.

So far they're easy to grow. 2/3 are tall with leaves similar to this one, but a touch shorter and also practically no branching.

This one picture Is no branchung, all stretch.

IMG_20240402_182338175_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240402_182346065_HDR.jpg

Sensistar42

Yes they do, use kwikseeds if you're in the US.
Thank you! A side question for anyone with kerala experience. Did mint in the aroma pop up frequently on them? And has anyone run a 10/14 light cycle and your flower time experience with them. I’m used to 14-16wk sativas so I’m hoping they will be similar just a bit longer. 😊

Lebanizer

Thank you! A side question for anyone with kerala experience. Did mint in the aroma pop up frequently on them?
I did only one so it's NOT representative at all but i didn't get the mint smell although I I was expecting it so that was kind of a letdown. But then it's just one plant. I hope more experienced people will chime in as well.

And has anyone run a 10/14 light cycle and your flower time experience with them. I’m used to 14-16wk sativas so I’m hoping they will be similar just a bit longer. 😊
That's the light cycle I always use with tropical strains. I'm not sure what to say about the second part of your question because it's not very clear to me. You're hoping that the Kerala will take more than 16 weeks to bloom by using a 10/14 light cycle, is that the question ?

Last edited:

Sensistar42

I did only one so it's NOT representative at all but i didn't get the mint smell although I I was expecting it so that was kind of a letdown. But then it's just one plant. I hope more experienced people will chime in as well.

That's the light cycle I always use with tropical strains. I'm not sure what to say about the second part of your question because it's not very clear to me. You're hoping that the Kerala will take more than 16 weeks to bloom by using a 10/14 light cycle, is that the question ?
Thanks I will keep it in mind about the mint, the gf was really interested In it because of it.

And not hoping it will take more then 16 weeks. More about curious on how long the went with 10/14, if they showed shorter flower times then 20 weeks.

need4weed

Veteran
It's not potent, it's a hash strain so you'll have to make a selection if you're specifically looking for potency. Strong individuals can definitelty be found -including males- but you have to look for them. The point of that strain isn't its potency but its unique character, its zingy soaring signature high. Have a good grow !
@Lebanizer but doesn't zingy and soaring equate to potency? I'm not really reading that it's effects are weak. Even I flower form

p59teitel

I just recently bought some seeds from kwik seeds that I’m gonna grow out this season. I’m at 42N. Anyone grow out any of these and would give me some information on how they are and what to expect in terms of potency smells, etc.

- Colombia 90 fem

- Colombia 90 X Mihoacan 78 X Colombian gold (fem)

- 92 Thai x afghan sativa type (fem)

- Cindy 99

- Rasoli

- Nanda Devi

- Congolese

Thanks
Also at 42N. Grew Rasoli outdoors in the ground last year. These were the rock stars of the grow, 4 seeds became 4 big females ranging from 13 to 18 feet. Medium resistance to rot and zero septoria (which fucked with my Afghans and hurt production because last year I lived in a rain forest).

Harvested in two stages, took tops down late October because realized fucking around 15 feet up on the ladder inspecting for mold was a good way to get wrecked.

Plants ranged from sparse lemony flowers to thicker colas with more powerful danker smells on the two biggest. Dry-sifted most of it and wound up with a half pound or so. The flower is a bit of a rough smoke but I generally prefer hash anyway. Uplifting energetic buzz. If you don’t enjoy monitoring plants that tall I’d suggest topping in veg.

IMG_7613.jpeg

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8397.jpeg
IMG_8396.jpeg
IMG_8312.jpeg
IMG_8320.jpeg

Last edited:

p59teitel

Here’s a link to an earlier post with additional pictures -

Lebanizer

@Lebanizer but doesn't zingy and soaring equate to potency?
No it's a qualitative description.

I'm not really reading that it's effects are weak. Even I flower form
Not weak but a hash strain: depending on the individuals you get, some are weak, some are strong, most are average. Best thing is to try it for yourself, it will make sense then.

Baba Karuna

420giveaway
@Lebanizer but doesn't zingy and soaring equate to potency? I'm not really reading that it's effects are weak. Even I flower form
Having grown up smoking hash like this, I would say varieties like this are potent. When I moved to the United States, I noticed the smokers here view potency differently than the smokers I grew up around. That being said, charas plants have multiple chemotypes and if you find an expression that is high in CBD and lower in THC it may not feel "potent" in a very particular way. I noticed this when growing Himalayan genetics, many plants will have a strong soaring effct, and a few will have a more mellow, centered, and happy effect. Still potent, just different. 🙏🏼

Also at 42N. Grew Rasoli outdoors in the ground last year. These were the rock stars of the grow, 4 seeds became 4 big females ranging from 13 to 18 feet. Medium resistance to rot and zero septoria (which fucked with my Afghans and hurt production because last year I lived in a rain forest).

Harvested in two stages, took tops down late October because realized fucking around 15 feet up on the ladder inspecting for mold was a good way to get wrecked.

Plants ranged from sparse lemony flowers to thicker colas with more powerful danker smells on the two biggest. Dry-sifted most of it and wound up with a half pound or so. The flower is a bit of a rough smoke but I generally prefer hash anyway. Uplifting energetic buzz. If you don’t enjoy monitoring plants that tall I’d suggest topping in veg.

View attachment 18987060

View attachment 18987080

View attachment 18987090 View attachment 18987091 View attachment 18987092 View attachment 18987093
Wow beautiful, Thanks for sharing. 18 feet is crazy I hope mine get that tell. Any tips for germinating Himalayan seeds. I’ve read some people have trouble with them. I have them in the fridge right now. But 24 hours soaked in water then straight in soil would work?

Thanks

So Hai

Wow beautiful, Thanks for sharing. 18 feet is crazy I hope mine get that tell. Any tips for germinating Himalayan seeds. I’ve read some people have trouble with them. I have them in the fridge right now. But 24 hours soaked in water then straight in soil would work?

Thanks
Don’t know about the Himalayas but a scuff and a soak in water with h2o2 and kelp extract usually works well.