What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best reflector for a 4x4 sog ATTN SOGGERS

peacetree

Thinking about doing a Hempy 2 liter sog. I am looking to cover about a 4x4 area with each light. I would like to know what people think the best reflector is and at what height above the canopy it should be kept.

Jnugg

Veteran
A large square reflector so you can keep it as close to the canopy as possible while still getting full canopy coverage.

toastfighter2

A new hood is at the top of my list for upgrades, so I have been doing a ton of research on this. I personally favor the raptor 6", but if I had more head room I would go with the 8" model. Both come with the option to add a light, and then I could step back from my 1000w and start running 2 600w lamps at some point. They are a little expensive, but I really only need one. Pico has a sticky<https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51325> over in the grow room lighting thread that test a ton of hoods, I recommend looking over there to see if you can find something that fits your needs.

Last edited:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
This too is a good comparison: Ultimate Reflector Test and Guide "Reflector efficiency - the total amount of light the reflector puts on a 4'x4' area using a 1000 watt hps bulb, measured at 25 spots (5x5 grid) with the reflector 24" above the surface." Sun System Luxor 8" seems to rule for 4x4, the bulb is vertical too (vert forum guys bet are having a laugh). Blockbuster 6" would work best for 600 watts.

F

Fields~of~Green

sun system magnum xxxl is great I prefer these to their blockbuster hoods