What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revegging a few times over

TrickEE

So I had a buddy who had this come up. He and I always reveg our plants a few times to get a couple crops of the best of the last run instead of taking clones. So he had just harvested a plant that was grown out and cultivated over and again. This being the 3rd reveg the plant did. This time he noticed one of his plants went hermie and seeded the whole flower tent. There question is this. So if he revegged this plant, would it now have the trait to self hermie? Or would it still be just like the original like the first two harvests were before this 3rd one went hermie? Any insight is grateful.
Growers love

dopebeaard907

So I had a buddy who had this come up. He and I always reveg our plants a few times to get a couple crops of the best of the last run instead of taking clones. So he had just harvested a plant that was grown out and cultivated over and again. This being the 3rd reveg the plant did. This time he noticed one of his plants went hermie and seeded the whole flower tent. There question is this. So if he revegged this plant, would it now have the trait to self hermie? Or would it still be just like the original like the first two harvests were before this 3rd one went hermie? Any insight is grateful.
Growers love
my first question would be did he change anything else temp, watering, light leaks etc.. if it has never showed hermies before in one environment then go back to that environment. I would think that revegging a plant could not change its dna. I have revegged a crap load of plants for multiple harvests and my environment never change. No hermies ever. Also what strain?

TrickEE

my first question would be did he change anything else temp, watering, light leaks etc.. if it has never showed hermies before in one environment then go back to that environment. I would think that revegging a plant could not change its dna. I have revegged a crap load of plants for multiple harvests and my environment never change. No hermies ever. Also what strain?

The strain is bubble gum x skunk.

The hermie issue was an accidental light leak.

So if a plant gets seeded, would the plant start producing nanners if it gets revegged again, now that it has been seeded?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

So if a plant gets seeded, would the plant start producing nanners if it gets revegged again, now that it has been seeded?

No. The light leak caused the plant to stress resulting in male flowers as a self preservation method. The seeds will be all female. Which may be a good thing? Lots of stock.

If you reveg that plant and fix your light leak you will not have Hermie plants if the plant was stable to begin with.

I have reveged and flowered many many times. My old blueberry mom I flowered for a few years.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I belive yes,but seeds is fem.
Once become hermy,always hermy prone.

The only thing correct here is the seeds will be feminized.

Just because a plant stresses and throws a few dicks to the wind does not mean it's always a Hermie. At least Google what you are giving out for info so as not to spread misinformation.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Just take clones. I only reveg in situations where the copies(clones) didnt root, or a labeling fuck up, ect. I take 5 copies of each plant I flower from seed. Reveg is a gamble. Some plants will do it every time. Others never seem to.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Before you ask yes 100 seed plants 500 clones on shelves. Maybe that is way out of line for your plant numbers but if you are in a legal state go for it. Shit, or an illegal state where your fucked regardless, go for it.

dopebeaard907

No a plant will not just start to hermie because it was a seeded reveg. Ive done this before and during reveg plant will continue to push out seeds until new flowers begin in my experience I should say. From my experience a light leak cannot change the dna to make it a normal female plant a hermie from then on. In fact I would say unless it came out the seed a hermie then it should stay the same sex depending again on environment.

TrickEE

Awesome replies guys. Thanks for all the info. We reveg due to plant count numbers. Basically just to get some of the best from last crop. But my buddy found him a gem he wants to keep. I think this time reveg, then take clones. I'm keep everyone updated on how things turn out.
Growers luv

Latest posts

Latest posts