What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Move to America to grow cannabis

Mreko

Hello everyone I am thinking about moving to America from Sweden so I can grow cannabis the legal way. I have read up on Green Cards and wonder if its possible to get a card if one has 50 000dollars as startup.
Or are there better ways to get a Green card for the purpose of growing cannabis? Have years of experience!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
don't bother if you are doing it for cash..we got lots here already and you most likely would go bankrupt...yeehaw

Why ...depend on what always have a way...to make money.
Évrybody cell weed and hash and rest.
why People no find à way to transform all garbage from weed .
clothes paper ..transform in plastic to make weed to cell thé weed.
make paper bag for eddibles .
clothes spécial for cannabis festival.
transform garbage in pack to cell seed or anything else.
pretty sure all Farmer Will gladd see someone remouv thèm free

Skip

Veteran
Why ...depend on what always have a way...to make money.
Évrybody cell weed and hash and rest.
why People no find à way to transform all garbage from weed .
clothes paper ..transform in plastic to make weed to cell thé weed.
make paper bag for eddibles .
clothes spécial for cannabis festival.
transform garbage in pack to cell seed or anything else.
pretty sure all Farmer Will gladd see someone remouv thèm free
This is actually not a bad business idea, even for an immigrant from Sweden to try. Yes, there is a lot of waste from cannabis growing that could conceivably be recycled and made into many products.

Realize that cannabis grown to consume is not the same as Hemp, which yields far more stalk than what a commercial medical/recreational grow would provide esp. on a per sq ft basis.

However, starting a new business now, making all the contacts for sourcing materials and selling products, might put you one step ahead of others once hemp production is legalized across the US.

So many uses of the plant, so many possible business opportunities. Such a business won't need to be regulated like cannabis, even though it's the primary product.

Large scale farming of Hemp will transform the economy even more than medical/recreational will. Just read Jack Herer's book to learn more.

I can see dozens of types of business from fiber processing to food to clothing to fuel, to cosmetics, distribution, packaging, retail sales, and on and on...

The processing biz would have to be large scale to effectively compete with foreign bizes which already operate elsewhere and who will suddenly be allowed to sell more of their products to the US. The market would get competitive quickly, so those with established US bizes and contacts would be able to compete.

Imagine the cannabis leaf logo on major corporate products as a trendy, eco-friendly label... Coming soon?

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
come over to CO on vacation and try to get a job with a legal grow.
then see if you can get a work visa.

if you are one of those hot swedish blondes with nice breasts you will be all set.:biggrin:

lordperezident

I want to move to sweden, i would stay there as their will be many loopholes for you to jump through. If you do decide to come to america let us know where you end up.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry but 50K isn't enough to make anyone look twice. I have inlaws that I'd be happy to ante up 50 g's to bring them over. Forget it. There are other ways......

Have you considered marrying a "merican"?:biggrin:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
:tiphat:If there's a will there's a way. Good growers will always be appreciated. I have a guest grower friend from Italy coming in Nov to stay with Me, and maybe stay in the country. A decade ago. A Swede was my house guest for a month, in CA S of SF. I just met him on the streets of SF. We went surfing everywhere, and had a great time. He became a family friend. His b'day party put on by my ex was a real fun get together for all our freaky City friends. *an0ther life ag0*

Screw the naysayers..! I'd love to go to Sweden. So I understand.

Lotsa Luck if you do. Maybe just come over, and forget the green card you may be underground like many of us are.

Skip

Veteran
Have you considered marrying a "merican"?:biggrin:
I just realized how similar the bastardized "Merican" expression is to the word "Mexican". Only one letter difference. That's all there is... ;)

The only difference between Mericans and Mexicans is Rx... lol!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
we also have better weed....yeehaw...they tend to keep the better stuff but 90 percent is weak seedy stuff...I happen to have a connection to the better stuff from mexico,,,....stay where you are and grow...I grew illegally for a longass time with no problems in several states even florida....keep mouth shut,make sure grow is setup safe,keep smell in check and don't fill whole house with weed.....yeehaw..when I grew illegally it was more fun ...fuck em

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Hello everyone I am thinking about moving to America from Sweden so I can grow cannabis the legal way. I have read up on Green Cards and wonder if its possible to get a card if one has 50 000dollars as startup.
Or are there better ways to get a Green card for the purpose of growing cannabis? Have years of experience!

I cant comment on the specific rules of immigration, other than the possiblity of the "lottery" where one could win US citizenship.

Generally speaking

The rules for Alaska are that you have to be a resident, for at least a few years before you can apply for your license. The 50K startup will be enough for a limited cultivation licence.

jaayjaay

You need between USD half a million to a million to be eligible for the investor visa and that has its own rules and requirements.

Marry an American and get a head start

betshtick

:tiphat:If there's a will there's a way. Good growers will always be appreciated. I have a guest grower friend from Italy coming in Nov to stay with Me, and maybe stay in the country. A decade ago. A Swede was my house guest for a month, in CA S of SF. I just met him on the streets of SF. We went surfing everywhere, and had a great time. He became a family friend. His b'day party put on by my ex was a real fun get together for all our freaky City friends. *an0ther life ag0*

Screw the naysayers..! I'd love to go to Sweden. So I understand.

Lotsa Luck if you do. Maybe just come over, and forget the green card you may be underground like many of us are.

Yeah totally depends on the OP's situation. If they have skills and friends in the US, really it's just a matter of doing some paperwork.

So, invest your 50k with a US grower/partner. Have them file for a Permanent Labor Certificate (check the box for skilled labor, you can be their yard boy, maid, whatever lol). You file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker.

hi there fellow scandinavian!
I've been dreaming about moving to america too :)
But remember you can also move to: canada, uruguay, the netherlands, spain, and soon italy, just to name a few. Heck, even denmark has better laws than sweden when it comes to ganja.

Yes friend, you could grow in many nations around the globe. I guess we mericans probably have the most rewarding retail market @65$ a slice FTW!