What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Northern Sweet Summer Grow

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Sweet fans,

This season I'll be growing a few offerings by Sweet Seeds including some testers.

I've already started some Crystal Candy Auto and some Green Poison FV.

picture.php

The Crystal Candy Auto are the three in the top left in the cloth pot. I've planted three seeds in one pot just as a bit of fun, the autos won't be my main focus.

This is the most recent picture of them

picture.php

The Green Poison FV (the two other plants in the first picture) have already had cuttings taken from them. These original seed plants are now in the compost and I have 6 cuttings (3 from each plant).

Here's a picture of a slight leaf mutation/deformation of one of the green poison fv.

picture.php

The growth of the plant is fine and it doesn't seem to be suffering at all. It just has this crinkled look to the leaves.

I've also got some Crystal Candy FV and some Sweet Skunk FV testers that a friend of mine will be growing outdoors in his garden. I'll get pics of those soon when they get a little bigger.

My environment is quite far north with quite a bit of humidity so we'll see how these turn out.

Happy growing to all :)

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi my friend, thanks for sharing a new diary with our strains ;)
Sweet smokes and good luck!
jaypp

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Just a quick update. Not too much to see as I've now got rid of the Green Poison FV seed plants and have a couple of cuttings rooting.

Here's a pic of the Crystal Candy Autos
picture.php

picture.php

They're pretty healthy and have been flowering for about a week now.. weather has been good too so I hope it continues and the buds get a lot bigger!

When things get interesting at the other grows they'll be more pictures of the sweet skunk fv, crystal candy fv and green poison fv.

Cheers

afghan

Nice to see what's growing! Plants looking great. I'm a bit less organised having moved house recently but I have 15 Top Tao auto mix 1 to sow today.

My greenhouse is twice the size it was before so room for more plants!

Will start a thread once there is something to see.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Holy shit! Afghan!
You just stroll in out of the mist haha.. Hope you're doing well man :) It's been a loooong time

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Looking good Kalbhairav, roughly how far north are you ?

Hey HerbBert,
I'm around 50 N. Summer has started well here although the past few days haven't been great.

The crystal candy auto are doing ok but they're also quite stretchy. I fear having too many days without sun because the young flowers will become more airy. Presently they're looking ok but have found a bit of PM lurking which is never good.

The Green Poison FV have taken forever to root and the cuttings don't look too good at the moment. I've also got some Ace Early Bubba Hash as cuttings and they're looking great and are about to be potted up.

Thanks for popping by :)

HerbBert

Hi Kalbhairav thanks for replying i'm a little bit more north 51/52 will be good to see what finishes best for you.

Its a shame about the PM and the Green Poison clones hope they ready in time for you to flower properly.

I can sympathies with the with the lack of sun it was sunny here until i put my plants outside lol.

Keep us updated when you get the time :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Here's a couple of pics of early flowers on the crystal candy auto. They're doing well. One has a spot of PM but nothing too serious.

They're getting fed plant magic oldtimer organic bloom, Epsom salts and bio boost GHE.

picture.php

picture.php

Will be potting up the Green Poison FV soon.

:)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Some more Crystal Candy auto.. Leafy but looking nice.

And here's one Green Poison FV cutting

She won't get so big but we'll see what happens. :)

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
They look very healthy, my friend. You are doing a very fine job on your plants!

Thanks for updating ;)
jaypp

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Here's some more detailed pictures of the Crystal Candy Auto

Must say I'm quite surprised at how well these are doing. I've grown auto's before outdoors and they've never really done well. This is the first time the results have been good :)

Some nice fruity smells developing. I hope these might turn into more candy shop aromas closer to the end.

Here's some pics.
picture.php

picture.php

Different plant

picture.php

picture.php

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav!

Very nice looking buds you've got there, congratulations :tiphat:

They will probably finish very fast now, so in 1 or 2 weeks you will be harvesting.

Enjoy them and sweet smokes!

tommy

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Thanks window, Tommy G, jaypp & HerbBert.

This is continuing to be an interesting, surprising grow for me. The beautiful UK summer we're having is definitely helping a lot! If we hadn't of had this long extended period of sun, I think these autos wouldn't look half as good.

The three plants all have their differences when it comes to flower formation and are also maturing at different rates. Two of the plants have exploded in new flowers on their crowns, producing a rounded, squat looking bud formation. The other has remained spear like instead of being rounded. All are smelling fruity although with the full sun the aroma is more rotten fruit.. When the plants were younger the smells were citrus. The buds dense for outdoor.

I'm guessing the Crystal Candy photoperiod plant that's part of this auto hybrid has some skunk genetics in their make up? Maybe an orange skunk type?

I also visited my friend who's growing some of the Crystal Candy FV and Sweet Skunk FV. The plants are small and may not come to much. I'll post pictures when things get more interesting.

Here's a few more pics of the crystal candy auto.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:)

Vesnican

Hey Mr. K,

I am wondering about the smell of your CCauto in final stage.

My 2017 plants https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8018604&postcount=14 have even after a year of storing very unique smell. I would say overripe fruit, skunk, smelly cheese.

I have run 10+ different SS auto and fv strains and never noticed such an aroma.

SS still keep the CC genetics as secret by I think its time to reveal cards Tommy G and Jaypp :laughing:

afghan

Looking great mate - I'll have to pick your brains about your feeding regime next time we meet.

Guessing you may have been busy harvesting? Been pretty sunny eh?

My Top Tao mix is coming along - 2 early flowerers and at least 4 other females which apparently get to about 1m.

Already looking forward to your strain recommendations/seed collection for next year when the greenhouse will be fully ready for the start of the season!

All the best to you