What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The BroomRoom...

SmellyFlorist

@LSWM... shot brah... thanks once again for taking the time outa your day to reply in such detail... I really appreciate it. I hear you on the screen being proper filled, and the improper nutrient ratios and the environment... But I got more laughs/headaches for you... I have never thought about ph... haha... If you see birds drinkin from a pond and a few hours later they all laying about, best to not drink that stuff.... lol... seriously you wouldnt believe what some people drink here... So basically I need to go get some of those ph pool strips and check it out?? Also when Iv been feeding I havent been getting much run off... coz of the netting its a complete bitch to get those trays out from under the pots, so Iv been feeding in "rounds' starting at pot 1 and working in numerical order. By the time Iv gotten back to pot 1 all the run off sitting in the tray has been wicked back up...?? Is this a schoolboy error Im making here?

Im not sure what Kelvin rating they got... even if they said I wouldnt believe it... lol... but Ill have a look...

I think I need to look at each particular element by its self, and see which ones I can most easily contol, have greater effect on... Itd be far easier to try build a proper organic soil than to try source the correct nutrients. The temps? Well Id need a portable ac, which I planned on buying for the summer but then bought bud instead... great. But that ac is bout four and a half grand.... thats quite a bit of nelson to a oke like me... but I cant do another summer grow without one... and the humidity would be a dehumidifier... no idea what thatll fetch... but probs round the same amount... An I really need a A1 printer.... fucksakes...

Im realising I need to create the perfect day, every single day inside my room, but that perfect day needs to change and be accommodating
to what the ladies require during their specific time of their life cycles... ???

I hear you on the copying part.... but you've picked that up already... But like you say, it sounds like the general masses are all bout the hydro... and big plant runs...

Yesterday and last night where the warmest of the summer so far... Iv tried to put up a half arsed ceiling in the flat, I think its trapping some of the heat...

But lights off yesterday temps were 29.8dC....... yes you read that right.... lights on temps were 33.3dC... Actually Im staring to realise that Im actually pretty fucking stoked that Iv managed to get the flowers to where they are with regards to what Im working with, where I am, and the utter mess I find myself in... Im fucking trying, and no one can argue that point.... :dance013:

@Mirac..... howzeeet.... thanks for checking back in china... you giving me food for though.... I need another helping.... Ph and over/under watering you say??

LSWM

\Actually Im staring to realise that Im actually pretty fucking stoked that Iv managed to get the flowers to where they are with regards to what Im working with, where I am, and the utter mess I find myself in... Im fucking trying, and no one can argue that point.... :dance013:

Work within your means. You are killing it for the situation.

It's really bad because I'm sure I could ship you a trash window AC for way less than you'd pay locally and it would be my trash.

Send me an address and a few hundred bills. I'm really not joking at all.

LSWM

As for nutrients, again, getting too in depth is beyond the scope of this thread. I've been down that road, and sourcing what I know works, has done me much better than trying to figure everything out myself.

Obviously your situation is different...

SmellyFlorist

You are a fucking legend... I cant believe some peoples kindness sometimes... I cant find a suitable adverb.... mind=blown... Are those the ones that fix into the window? As in itll cool the whole flat, and not just the broomroom? God I hate the thieving fucks who work the postal system here.... Mate sent a pack of CSG and it took ten weeks to get to me from London... Brah I want to leave this place... "I wish they all could be california girls..." lol,,,,

But dude, thanks for the kind words, feeling a bit down as the new years not rolling fast enough for me... Some kind words can really light my day up.... peace :tiphat:

LSWM

I have tons to reply to help with your questions but honestly it will have to wait until tomorrow. Been drinking some Everclear with some friends, 95% ethanol is blasting me.

Can't even get this shit in California, a friend brought it from Arizona.

SmellyFlorist

Shot dude.... you enjoy that stuff then, fuck sounds heavy... tequila must seem like puppy tears compared to that stuff... I got on the quarts last nyt.... anti depressant... Working that off now... sweet we"ll catch up laters... Have a good one... :friends:

Miraculous Meds

What I mean by over/under watering... Over watering is a bit obvious in what problems it causes. The roots drown, start to die, and cant feed the plant. So u see multiple nutrient deficiencies, plus over all yellowing and leaf death eventually. Usually leaves folding downward from the edges.

Under watering promotes less water in the medium and in turn increases the amount of nutrient to water ratio, making ur nutrient strength much higher. So u start to get nute burn and deficiencies caused by having to much concentration of a specific nutrient that locks out another.

Im sorry I cant remember what ur doing exactly for medium and nutrients, but if what was mentioned earlier about mainly peat being ur medium, as it dries it naturally raises its ph. Over time this can lead to a higher ph in ur medium making certain nutrients less available. that's why when u get nutrient deficiencies like this its good to check ur runoff ph and nutrient strength to see if they are in check. I think in peat its much like soil except u wanna stay a little on the lower 6 side of ph cause the peat wants to raise back to its natural state as it dries. So I would collect some run off and check it. Maybe use a turkey baster to suck out some run off and check, so u don't have to move the plant. If its over 7 then what im saying is on track and u need to flush thru with some low 6ph feed and water to counter balance it. U can get some runoff and use the turkey baster or a shop vac to get rid of ur runoff.

Basically what im guessing is ur medium is drying out a bit much causing a salt concentration and raised ph. So keep it a bit more moist and lower ph. U definitely have some signs of mg def with the edges of the leaf curled and praying a bit. That also looks like potential salt build up and heat stress. The heat stress is certainly exasperating ur problem, and might be the bulk of ur problem. Also ur screen could be a few more inches back to manage the light intensity better. I think 14 to 15" from center might be better for the plants.

DrFever

Veteran
To me it clearly shows with tips curling up its potassium deficiency good sources or what i would do is either find some hard wood burn it use the ash as a soil conditioner top dress sprinkle 1 - 2 table spoons over medium prior to watering wood ash contains around 40 percent calcium carbonate as well as potassium carbonate Herein lies the source of the term “potash”. The Dutch used to combine wood ash with water, and evaporate the solution in large steel pots until a white residue remained – literally “pot ash”. Potassium is an essential plant nutrient. It has the role of thickening cell walls in the leaf, making a plant more resistant to pests, frosts and drought. It also enhances flower and fruit production.
other forms you might find is granite dust , or even kelp meal this is if your growing in soil and while your add it sprinkle some bone meal as well to increase the phos content as well that is what your lacking right now in this stage of flower get on it

SmellyFlorist

@Mirac... dude, shot, this is what Im talking about... thanks you so much for your indepth answer... lots to digest... you really explain things well, and deliver them in a manor thats easy to read over... you ever had an experience as a teacher..? Thanks for all the tips and advice... I got a few test strips and did a run after feeding this am before lights went out... check below... Also I feeling you on heat being my major problem, its been these last 4-5 days of hectic warm humid weather... 33dC lights on cant, just cant be good... as even since last night I can see they've taken a bit of a hammering the last 24hours... I got in there last night and tried to pull of any really yellowed, or really burnt curled tips... when I got up it was as if I hadnt removed shit... Im even starting to doubt theyll make another 17days... if things keep going the way they are... Something I cant get my head around is last year this time when I did my first run, things where looking a lot better... hell I got 700g dry from the 2 400's, I couldnt believe... I didnt even have a hygrometer at that stage... lmfao

@DrFever... howzit... thanks for checking back in... and thanks for taking the time outa your day to post in my thread... Perhaps you missed it but Im using a flower nutrient with ratios of 3-1-6, so I hear what you saying, but shirly if thats the case the other deficiencies would be showing way more drastically than the potassium def that you mention..?? Im aware of burnt wood ash being a source of potassium, although I really have no idea the function of any nutrient, beside maybe N... But iv mixing potash into my outdoor soil mixes and honestly they look healthier than my indoor girls... I really need to post some pics of those girls...

SmellyFlorist

Pics from this AM...

picture.php

Made a feed this AM and feed before lights off... then dipped one of these pool test strips into a catchment tray... @Mirac..? dont know brah... ph looks really low to me, what you think??

picture.php

picture.php

Nearing the end of day 45...

picture.php

Lights out... doorway girl inside...

SmellyFlorist

Continued...

picture.php

Left fence...

picture.php

Left fence/back fence...

picture.php

Right fence...

picture.php

Right fence/back fence...

picture.php

Room shot...

Yeah crazy fucking shit... planning on one last feed probs saterday night, then just plain h2o for as long as they can hang on... any sign of fucking mould and that shit is getting dropped... Im seriously not going through all of this to let my girls get mould on em... Id rather have pre-mature bitchs... than manky mouldy old whores...
What did guys all think... they gona make another 17days..??

Former Guest

Run off ph might not be an accurate way to measure ph. Google a ph soil slurry test. Probably has some directions using the litmus paper strips but I would say your ph looks like a 4 which is horrible. If you're gonna be using those bloom nutes, you need to ph. If you find some organic bloom amendments then ph is not such a factor and you can save money with the strips and only use when you see problems you can't solve.

I have no idea if they will last 17 days, however, I don't see why not.

SmellyFlorist

@Lady..... ahhhh fucksakes... Maybe top dress some lime..?? Fuck Iv fucked this up... its too late to try correct shit..?? Oh I didnt get that job either... Im gona go check the wave out...

Former Guest

Wait! Your plants are not fucked up! They're just fine. There are several theories about how to feed, when plants start to fade, ph, etc. don't be so hard on yourself! Oh smelly I'm sorry! Truly!

SmellyFlorist

Im hard on myself coz if these are the best years of my life I dont really see the point... Yeah I cant believe it either, a month back he was like "yeah totally" and now its "Um no space..." wtf
I think mould coz of the high temps and high humidity... but yeah never had any before... last summer ran the room till 9weeks and only had one cut of the nine that are in this time[first run I had clones off 5 different bagseed mums, this clone was my fav, looked like it finished a bit earlier, was the fluffiest but had the most sugar leaves, and I love bubble so it was my though to keep the bubble and "flog" the rest... some plan hey] thats the cali connection sour diesel cross the big budha cheese... the waves were shit... kooks making them even worse than what they were.. I cant stand kooks...

LSWM

Those pool strips are only going to do you a limited amount of good. I'd look for some aquarium pH DROPS if you can.

Yes those window A/C's are intended to cool an entire room/house depending on size. Yes they fix into a window. How big is your "flat"? Even without insulation and with a small area I'd guess it would make a significant difference.

Last edited:

SmellyFlorist

@LSWM... okay, back to the pet shop then I guess... my "flats" 60m2... 1 3by3 "bedroom" 1 3by3 bathroom and the rest open plan... pretty broke at the mo as in scraping by but Ill try pull something together sometime soon and start looking into a safe addy.... brah never done shit like this before... Iv just got my eyes firmly set on the equinox as temps really start becoming pleasant two three weeks before that special day.... tides go monkey dick around that moon, if conditions and sand are right, it means one huge barrel fest... :dance013:

LSWM

If I wasn't broke I would just say fuck it and drop something in the mail to you. I'm not joking but these window A/C's are everywhere in Southern California. EVERYWHERE.

I've salvaged like 4 of them in the past few years from relatives and friends. About to come up on 4 more that are bigger than any I have on deck when I move into this new place...

As long as you can afford the electricity and your system can handle it, as well as any issues with stealth, any amount of cooling sounds like it will help.

It sounds like it is too humid in your area, but have you looked into evaporative cooling? Swamp coolers?

SmellyFlorist

No ways dude... you'e something else... I started looking around last spring for one when I knew the heat would come, those wall mounted ones were 2months minimum wage[oath to god] and some fuck ripped me off last year that exact amount which I was gona set to the ac, but the poes never corkered.... an seeing how last summers grow wasnt a complete failure I thought I could skip it and spend some cash on buds because of the evil mites that fuct my year end flowers meaning Id be dry for months... hard to way it up, but whats done is done... fuck, theres people of the other side of the hill to me that dont even have electricity... Im not worried bout the stealth to much.... some rich folks here do have ac... offices have ac you know...

Icmag has thought me to spell... and use google loads... swamp cooler

Latest posts

Latest posts