What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The BroomRoom...

jd4083

Veteran
damn, wish there was a way to donate securely so he could get some more bandwidth

I'm still hanging in there and rooting for you SF!

SmellyFlorist

@Retro..... Thanks fro checking back in brah.... couldnt agree with you more, it has to be done, I make out.... just fuck, not ampt to find any fuckers..... But will defo do before I flip..... If I dont Im just wasting my time right....

@jd.... Thanks brah.... I need all the "rooting" I can get.....

They really seem to have turned around, they praying for the light and I really cant see any "mite damage" to the naked eye.... so heres hoping..... Temps were high again when I woke, 27dC and 60%RH, they got fed 1L of the wormtea/molasses/fishemulsion/asprin mix last night..... Will try make a plan with pics..... as theres visible healthy growth...... to my eyes anyway....... 2mrw dates two weeks after the third "heatment"....... Im feeling good. Still shitting, but yeah, thats a given, lol......

Smelly

SmellyFlorist

Pic drop... 2 complete weeks after third heatment[giggidygooo]....

These were taken this am, so bout 6 hours back.... I cleaned em up a bit before the shoot.... took most of the old damaged fans off, couldnt stand looking at em anymore.... and cleaned off wilted and dry shit....
Oh and we had no power for 7hours yesterday...... fucking great.... all surrounding towns too, was 34dC outside... "load shedding".... love this place....
Temps when I woke today were 29dC and 70%RH.... fuck theres just no consistency with it here.... maybe cause Im doing so little to control things.....
picture.php

Room pic

picture.php

picture.php

Both pics same girls, diff angles....

picture.php

picture.php

Both pics 2nd set of girls diff angle... the 2nd group are the group on the left in the room pic.....
I spent bout 40min this am scoping, I scoped 8 leaves that I trimmed off pre pics... these where all old fans, showing signs of old "mite" damage.... I saw nothing moving..... nothing..... "mite'[giggidy] need to scope new fresh growth??? This still may be early, but I felt really really fucking great come lunch time....
@Retro...... you the fucking man!!!!! Respect!!!!
So gotta keep spraying rooms and floors and shit[part of the show right] and try keep things super duper clean..... seriously now, do you guys sweep your room every day?? Every time you enter and exit?? What do you guys do to keep the nasties at bay 24/7....??
But if this week flows well Id like to scope once more the day before flip.....[?] and hopefully that days friday.... What would you guys do, bang them straight into 12/12? or give them a 24h dark period first? or 36....??
Thanks again to everybody who's been checking in and helping me along the way..... would never even fucking know that the place Im at now would even exist if it was not for all you're guys constant help..... thanks!! So Im all ears for any more advice you guys got to throw my way...... so please comments/advice/opinions are more than welcome.....

Matchday today..... kicked off a minute ago.... Oh and pretty sure the datas gone with this post..... Ill be lurking for sure.... tryna make a plan with that mates wifi later in the week....

Smelly

DONAJTHEIII

ladies looking thick !

not bad for a one year veg ahah mirac. I cant talk with my neem oil stunting ass :D

Getcha scope out !

AJAE

RetroGrow

Veteran
Pic drop... 2 complete weeks after third heatment[giggidygooo]....

These were taken this am, so bout 6 hours back.... I cleaned em up a bit before the shoot.... took most of the old damaged fans off, couldnt stand looking at em anymore.... and cleaned off wilted and dry shit....
Oh and we had no power for 7hours yesterday...... fucking great.... all surrounding towns too, was 34dC outside... "load shedding".... love this place....
Temps when I woke today were 29dC and 70%RH.... fuck theres just no consistency with it here.... maybe cause Im doing so little to control things.....
View Image
Room pic

View Image
View Image
Both pics same girls, diff angles....

View Image
View Image
Both pics 2nd set of girls diff angle... the 2nd group are the group on the left in the room pic.....
I spent bout 40min this am scoping, I scoped 8 leaves that I trimmed off pre pics... these where all old fans, showing signs of old "mite" damage.... I saw nothing moving..... nothing..... "mite'[giggidy] need to scope new fresh growth??? This still may be early, but I felt really really fucking great come lunch time....
@Retro...... you the fucking man!!!!! Respect!!!!
So gotta keep spraying rooms and floors and shit[part of the show right] and try keep things super duper clean..... seriously now, do you guys sweep your room every day?? Every time you enter and exit?? What do you guys do to keep the nasties at bay 24/7....??
But if this week flows well Id like to scope once more the day before flip.....[?] and hopefully that days friday.... What would you guys do, bang them straight into 12/12? or give them a 24h dark period first? or 36....??
Thanks again to everybody who's been checking in and helping me along the way..... would never even fucking know that the place Im at now would even exist if it was not for all you're guys constant help..... thanks!! So Im all ears for any more advice you guys got to throw my way...... so please comments/advice/opinions are more than welcome.....

Matchday today..... kicked off a minute ago.... Oh and pretty sure the datas gone with this post..... Ill be lurking for sure.... tryna make a plan with that mates wifi later in the week....

Smelly

You're scoping the undersides of the leaves, right?
'Cause mites are masters of hiding in the new growth which is still curled up, and you won't see them. They hide from the light, come out at night. But you will see the eggs on the undersides if you have BMs or Cyclamens. The eggs can't hide. That's what you're looking for. I would see dead mites after heat treatment, but don't believe I ever saw a live mite in 3 years of battling these bastards. Plenty of eggs, though, and that's really what you are scoping for.
Looking much better. I usually put the less developed ones under the center/brightest part of the lights, so they catch up. Where you live, with all kinds of tropical fruit trees, BMs/Cyclamens are probably everywhere outside, so you have to stay on your toes. If possible, get some OG Biowar. That will keep them in check, and prevent them from taking hold in flower.

SmellyFlorist

[@AJAE..... wasup..... yeah hes funny hey.... hopefully they are gone, and they get thickkkkker...

@Retro.... brah, thanks heaps for checking back up.....
Im scoping the undersides..... Im scoping the tops too! To make sure if what Im seeing on the undersides Im seeing on the tops and vica versa..... I make out, I havnt seen one move yet either[with the mircoscope/after heatment] Your msg made me freak when I read it, but then guess what? the power fucking tripped, cant check shit with no light, so I fuct off to the beach, lunch time a plucked three fresh newly sprouted leaves off and scoped the fuck outa them.... took pics. I took pics of the tops and the undersides of the new leaves, Now, I saw "eggy" things, I freaked!!! I mean I fucking freaking!!! I looked again real real fucking hard... my scope has 6 led lights to ligth shit up durrrrr..... and this light I feel is getting reflected in the "trics".... I tried to apply less vagina.... and let the thought sink in..... I feel I could be onto something here... some of the "trics" on the underside look a bit bigger than some on the tops and vice versa..... dunno...some leaves also dont look to happy.....
Did I mention beer tastes good...?
Could you elaborate on "keeping on your toes" a bit ..... lol.....
besides the 4 mango trees and the veggies, I stay in about a hector of subtropical forest, all the plantations are a few hundred meters away..... I know guys[plural] close by who been growing OD for years, same spots, and they have never knowingly had these fucks, some live as close as my furtherest border... ie theres tropical fruit by them two....
Iv got 19 in those 7L pots, Iv selected the ten bushiest last night[for the broomroom] the next 6 I would like to be new mums, and the smallest three Im gona bomb outside the same time I flip... solstice is soon soon... what you think???

I noticed one two yellow tips yesterday, so I only watered[with asprin] last night[1L].... they needing watering every other day right now....
Temps today were 27dC and 65%RH......

picture.php

This is a downloaded pic of the Evil C*&% that calls himself BM.....
I havnt seen any speckled eggy thingy fucks..... yet.

picture.php

picture.php

These two pics are of the topside of a fresh new shoot.....

picture.php

picture.php

& these two are of the underside of the fresh new shoots....
Yeah "eaggy" hey...
Yeah I figured an LED might have an effect here....

Fucksakes I hate mites....

Tell Smelly what you think, he's all ears.....

SmellyFlorist

damn, the last pic does seem ''eggy'' :dunno: plan of action?

@tleaf jr...... watsup brah..... thanks for stopping by... much appreciated... that last one does a bit hey, I thought long and hard.... I feel theres six dots in each "tric" at 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 according to a clock dial.... What would you say....?? Have another squiz for smelly here....
My plan has been heat so far..... I need to step the fuck up hey
Thanks barh.......

RetroGrow

Veteran
[@AJAE..... wasup..... yeah hes funny hey.... hopefully they are gone, and they get thickkkkker...

@Retro.... brah, thanks heaps for checking back up.....
Im scoping the undersides..... Im scoping the tops too! To make sure if what Im seeing on the undersides Im seeing on the tops and vica versa..... I make out, I havnt seen one move yet either[with the mircoscope/after heatment] Your msg made me freak when I read it, but then guess what? the power fucking tripped, cant check shit with no light, so I fuct off to the beach, lunch time a plucked three fresh newly sprouted leaves off and scoped the fuck outa them.... took pics. I took pics of the tops and the undersides of the new leaves, Now, I saw "eggy" things, I freaked!!! I mean I fucking freaking!!! I looked again real real fucking hard... my scope has 6 led lights to ligth shit up durrrrr..... and this light I feel is getting reflected in the "trics".... I tried to apply less vagina.... and let the thought sink in..... I feel I could be onto something here... some of the "trics" on the underside look a bit bigger than some on the tops and vice versa..... dunno...some leaves also dont look to happy.....
Did I mention beer tastes good...?
Could you elaborate on "keeping on your toes" a bit ..... lol.....
besides the 4 mango trees and the veggies, I stay in about a hector of subtropical forest, all the plantations are a few hundred meters away..... I know guys[plural] close by who been growing OD for years, same spots, and they have never knowingly had these fucks, some live as close as my furtherest border... ie theres tropical fruit by them two....
Iv got 19 in those 7L pots, Iv selected the ten bushiest last night[for the broomroom] the next 6 I would like to be new mums, and the smallest three Im gona bomb outside the same time I flip... solstice is soon soon... what you think???

I noticed one two yellow tips yesterday, so I only watered[with asprin] last night[1L].... they needing watering every other day right now....
Temps today were 27dC and 65%RH......

View Image
This is a downloaded pic of the Evil C*&% that calls himself BM.....
I havnt seen any speckled eggy thingy fucks..... yet.

View Image
View Image
These two pics are of the topside of a fresh new shoot.....

View Image
View Image
& these two are of the underside of the fresh new shoots....
Yeah "eaggy" hey...
Yeah I figured an LED might have an effect here....

Fucksakes I hate mites....

Tell Smelly what you think, he's all ears.....

Yeah, the LED lights cast a reflection that looks very similar to the bumps on BM eggs.
When looking for eggs, don't check the new top growth, check the underside of the older, bigger fan leaves that are showing damage. That's where they would most likely be found.
Now there are those two oblong looking things in the second picture that look suspicious. Kind of translucent looking. Those could be mites. Hard to say for sure. Can you isolate them and get a closer picture?
The one on the left looks like it could have two legs sticking out. Hard to be sure. Try scoping some more. I know the scoping can drive you crazy after a while, especially if the scope isn't crystal clear, like those photos you downloaded. Hard to get photos that clear.
So far, what I'm seeing look like trichomes. Eggs tend to be in clusters. Trichomes will be spread evenly everywhere.

SmellyFlorist

@LSWM..... thanks for checking back in...... I agree... fingers crossed

@Retro..... watsup...... I bombed those leaves down the loo.... but Im gona keep keep keep keep scoping till I flip.....
One two leaves are getting brown sploges on them, then gradually taking over the leaf, only about 5.... and its not on the tips, Its in random places around the central vein....?? thoughts??[not looking like past clawing/canoeing] anyway I feel Iv been underfeeding a bit..... spes with the fish emulsion..... only 25 mil to 20L when container suggests 100nl/20L.... but Im adding blackstrap and worm piss..... but girls do look a tad light coloured.... this clone is a lighter shade a green thou.... its not dark like an afghan...
but I feel the next feed Ill put 50ml fish emulsion, plants are getting bigger they need a bit more chow, right? Plus Im probs only gona feed with the fish emulsion during the first week of flip, then swop it for like the only flowering nutes I can get around here[ its 3:1:6 I know I know...] coz its loaded with N, and these girls have already stretched like fuck.... they are really taking off now.....:dance013:

Thanks for checking back in guys..... Much appreciated....

:smoke out:

Smelly

RetroGrow

Veteran
Keep the aspirin going. Don't stop. Root drench, and foliar spray. Get yourself a spray bottle and dissolve a tablet of aspirin in water. Spray leaves once or twice a week. This protects them , but also salicylic acid is a growth hormone. It really works. It's also good for soaking seeds in.
What about those two oblong things in the second picture?

SmellyFlorist

@Retro..... thanks for the checkup.....
I will keep feeding with aspirin, as I have since I read your posts about it.... Iv been easing off the foliar sprays coz it raises the RH quite a bit.... But I see where you coming from, the point is not to saturate/wet leaves in the attempt to raise the RH but to raise the over all health of the plants?? So one needs to have a higher % of aspirin in the foliar than in their drench?? Am I understanding that correctly? +-300mg of aspirin to +-500ml of water[thats my bottle size, can make plan if need too]..... A growth hormone too you say..... fuck thats interesting.... Thanks fro tips on seed popping too :bow:

Now those two oblong "misty" coloured things in the second pic? That second pic is of the top side of a leaf[if that matters] I have come across one two similar looking items when scoping, but as with before, all seem completely idil[fuct].... What your think though??

Plants looking healthy this am and are praying, looking a lil light coloured though, I feel I should have feed last time, never plain water again, tea tea tea....:scripture:. But they really stretching.... very lanky and viney.... Temps were 27dC and RH was 62% when I woke.......

Former Guest

Hey Smelly!! been watching ya since ya started your thread. should probably subscribe. thanks for stopping by my thread :huggg:

I'm sure it's only a few leaves your flushing down the loo but just a word to the wise, they might clog it up if you try too many :D I've been hot composting mine or sticking them in our fireplace to burn.

SmellyFlorist

@Lady..... watsup, thanks for continually reading the thread..... much appreciated.... stick around around and make yourself at home....
Fuck, not sure about how subscription works lol..... but yeah...
Ahhhhh not really a few leaves hey... lol..... Iv noticed a "clogging" lol.... Im just too para to walk outside my spot with that kinda crap..... thats also why Im not klapping the outdoor here[like a lot of peeps here do] cause you cant go 50m without seeing a k@$%*# here...... and if you have, you just havent looked properly..... theres just people everywhere...... I swear it seems that they comb the bush in lines holding hands..... If somethings not bolted down its stolen, if its bolted down, its stolen anyway..... or broken the fuck out of..... Im on a rant here..... I checked last nigth my gran and family watching that shit bout that kid who got himself shot by that pig.....[seriously if one is "naive" best skip this next part....] fuck and I just couldnt believe it...... its like proper international news! Not just kicking off here on the forums.... hows this story..... last year a chic who stays up the road from me got gunned down by 4 civilian clothed pigs..... She was driving home from work, they tried to run here off the road so she sped up, they chased after her but couldnt catch here and just opened fire at her car, not wheel shots, Im talking magazines emptied.... she crashed and died..... All four of those cops werent on duty, all four of those cops are still working in the town around where I stay, It never made tv here, I think it got half the cover page in our local newspaper. No cops have even neen arrested...... all that has happened is the family has been intimidated and stone walled by the pigs..... fucking bullshit hey...... jeebus I mean Im sorry that kid got shot there in the states.... I feel no one really deserves that you know...... But its like fucking perspective hey........ I think a lot of people are lucky to live in the states, however fuct it might seem sometimes, I feel very lucky to live where I do...... thank fuck I dont live in syria or north korea.... fuck that.....
Once again sorry if anyones taking offence to what Iv just said..... but its the internet..... lol :tiphat:
I gotta get going..... check you guys later...... lady :tiphat:

Smelly

Former Guest

you can compost indoors with some old potting soil, veggie scraps, paper shreds and leaves with some composting red wrigglers with a rubber tote. i am actually making one but it's a large 100 gallon fabric pot outdoors but i have some great links for ya to read. First, I'm going to share this one that tells ya everything you need to know about composting with worms and the site has a lot of DIY stuff i recently was talking about the last few pages like how to bokashi and make the granules yourself, the bacterial inoculant yourself, DIY fish hydrolysate....i just love it.

The Unconventional Gardener

you have mentioned worm pee or poo? do you already do vermicomposting or are you buying worm teas? maybe i missed or forgot that part.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Now those two oblong "misty" coloured things in the second pic? That second pic is of the top side of a leaf[if that matters] I have come across one two similar looking items when scoping, but as with before, all seem completely idil[fuct].... What your think though??

Yeah they look like baby mites. Could be dead though.

SmellyFlorist

@Lady..... First of all Im far to cheap to buy anything, I hate spending cash, hate it.... I however have all the time in the world.... "A Boer Maak A Plan..." is what they say around here..... about the teas..... a got an old duck pond that I keep throwing all the kitchen waste into[no protein] and have been for about 6 years now. I just flood the sucker slowly with the dam hose, and drain it out... Iv got pics some where of tea before and after mixing "goodies" into it...... I put this stuff on everything, veggies fruit cannabis you name, each and every plant Iv given it to, digs..... My old man also set up a +-250m2 worm farm few years back..... theres only one section left... but when I replant beds of make soil for outdoor grows I use a lot of that stuff..... Just cant buy better stuff I reckon.....?? Also after the last few months the only things Im having living inside are plants, dogs and myself...... fuck everything else..... to scared bout more pests and contaminating shit..... So Im not really sure bout how good it is or whats in it, coz it probs changes every day... but basically Iv decided to use that as a base instead of the rain water...... its just better I think.... plus the shit absolutely reeks, Iv fallen in it a few times, showered, gone out and people have complained I stink like a miner........ If it works, don't fuck it right....?? k.i.s.s......
What do you do with your teas....?? Fuck I know some peeps are super touchy.... lol.... when it comes to organics..... and how they get all 'higher' on you.... lol......

@Retro.................. aaaahhhhhhhhhhh fuck!!! Kill it!!!! That's what I was thinking too brah....... still none moving but....

Lunch is over..... Back to graft....

Former Guest

you can using fish pond water, I'm not sure if ducks would work cause I think they may poop more frequently and that is why their ponds get so dirty. basic rule of thumb for any water or tea you put on the plants is if it smells rotten, it has pathogens in there that will hurt your plant. compost tea is supposed to smell like wet dirt or casting, a more earthy aroma.

fresh worm poo is much better than poo you purchase because keeping it in the bags takes all the oxygen that the microbes need. if you want a free source of nutrition, I would just throw your scraps in a bucket with a lid, make some lactobaccilis serum and pour it on some wheat germ (super cheap at a bulk foods store or grocery store) and molasses (sulphur free) and stir it up, let it dry out a bit and then put scraps and that in your bucket. you can keep it under the sink, completely sealed. when the bucket is full and has sat for a month, open it up and you'll find the best precomposted bacterial growth on the food scraps. you can feed that to worms or you can bury it in the ground next to some plants outdoors, or you can start a hot compost bin outside your house. the heat will kill anything bad just like the heat sterilizes your room :) compost bins are fairly common so it shouldn't raise too many flags outdoors. best thing I've been reading about bokashi is that as the food decomposes, you collect the fermented extracts with a spigot and you then dilute that in water and make your own nutes!! not only are you getting the nutrition from the composting to feed your plants, but the fermentation process releases all the natural hormones to make them grow. you can store the left overs in a fridge.

I really liked this website because it shows you how to do it all yourself. I've found several threads that give tips on how to be discreet and still go all organic inside your home as eventually I will have to get a place of my own when I graduate. obviously not going to be my own house right off the bat so dealing with landlords, neighbors, and the like have gotten me out there searching for ideas to keep what I got going on in the privacy of my kitchen.

you wanted to know what I do with my teas? I just use a little bit of molasses, fish hydrolysate, and EWC and that gives me the best tea but it doesn't really provide nutrition. it inoculates the soil with fresh microbes who will eat up the amendments in my soil. I got my recipe wrong though so there are issues which you're seeing.

www.microbeorganics.com <---this is where I got my recipe for tea and explains everything. I just don't use soft rock phosphate and instead use oat meal that I crushed into fine pieces for a substitute.

I'm about to brew a tea so I will document everything exactly and share how I make the recipe from that site. I hope to eventually not brew teas weekly and lower that number by instead using bokashi extract to feed, the bokashi decomposed food to feed my worms which will then process that food and poop it out where I can use that for the teas I plan on doing every other week or so. I hate brewing tea. it's noisy, takes forever, and I hate cleaning it right afterwards by scrubbing it out and bubbling it in some bleach water. just a pain.

SmellyFlorist

@Lady....... aaahhh Im not to stressed hey.... Its an old pond, I havnt had geese[oh my evil fuckers] for bout ten years..... so theres no shit in there what so eves.... Its basically like a kiddie pool, okay a big one, African sized kiddie pool..... And this is what I feed all my veggies with it.... all of them, nothing else. Plants are continually sprout from the waste being dumped.... And the growth from these plants is crazy stooopid, basically its the most simple, non upkeep method about, throw shit in there, water when needed and drain. Theres red wrigglers in there, but heaps of other worms too.... And when I say a stench, I don't mean rotting body smell, Im taking sour feet smell..... just manky, picture egg shells to bananas and verything in between and tinned waste veggie seedlings/weeds being eaten by worms..... its manky. Basically I feel its all good in the hood and the plants dig...... but like I said it changes constantly..... But the garden is alive the day after feeding all the plants, I got heaps...... I was justing saying how could one get better coz its diy..... You wont believe the shit some boneheads try fling down here.... I know of no one where I stay selling legit organic worm anything of high quality.... Its just mass produced shit with no TLC going into the production..... Granny cant really prove otherwise, and I mean really, "why would those nice people lie to me Smelly?"........ Coz they shit flinging chops gran, that's why........ The beds are +-5years old, yes I add and remove shit.... but I mean really, that's gotta be some top knotch "black gold" right there, that I personally would never put on a shelf...... Its far to valuable........ to me...
Check here I have no need to stress about any agricultural activity[thank god] but its all the sneaky clandestine stuff I gotta freak about..... Lots of "game cameras" around to "help" with all the crime.... cant be seen carrying bags, same with digging things, people think its a bush grave[common here]....... Please lady, not having a go at you at all, dig having you here, a females perspective and opinion is so intriguing and I really really dig that you've finally posted in my thread....... Sadly this place is not hippy central, If you got dreads, may aswell tattoo a bullseye on your forehead.......
But I dig your info about your teas so pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleas don't get the wrong idea...... Really dig that you've spoken up....
Oh.... Nice pic too.... makes.... um
Pissing with rain here at the mo, onshore whole day, finally starting to ty this one project up, thank fuck coz its been making me bald... okay, balder..... just want it done. Cant believe its December on Monday... Over here its called the "silly season"..... you have no idea how fuck drunk some chops get....... its crazy..... Drink driving is a national pastime..... its expected of you... you on holiday=total fucked....... fat mike would love it here........ That and house breaking, okay that's maybe just a provincial pastime.... car and house alarms are like birds in a breeze....:dance013:
Oh yeah temps still tad hi, 28dC and 60% Rh.....

Smelly

Latest posts

Latest posts