What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The BroomRoom...

SmellyFlorist

I'm not sure you will be hearing much from him, but there are many of us around that have taken notes from the School of Freds, I'm sure we can help pass it along.

:noway:...... yes I see theres many who attend and they have blossomed......
And Im sure you guys can....:watchplant:

Miraculous Meds

@Mirac... sorry brah, Im pretty sure I havnt mentioned that yet.... :wallbash:they in 7L pots, so whats that, just shy of 2gallons?

Ok so I have a lot of experience with 6l pots so this should apply pretty closely to ur 7l pots. U should be watering like u are till u have roots established. I go by when I can fully saturate a pot and the next day it is close to dry then I know they are established. Now u can saturate once or twice a day or set it up on a watering system and hit them between 4 to 8 times a day depending on how big they are and how dialed ur room is.

LSWM

@LSWM..... shot for stopping back in buddy, you not a dick at all my brah, I need to get asked these questions so fire away...... I feel you on the whole watering program[kinda lol] I think its common sense... dont rot the roots and give the plants as much as they can handle with regards to their stage of development.... just needs constant monitoring hey, but they should be everyday practice right...??
Im gona keep doing what Im doin, and step up amounts of feeds as they develop... Iv got the time, so I can afford to do smalller, more constant feeds..... Its pissing with rain right now, but I got the empty bag outside in the garden, will check in the am.... you gona give me a bitch slap here but I think its got quite a lot of peat in it.... it was made in germany........ and you are right, Iv mixed a bit of vermiculite into the top of the "coco" coz otherwise it gets this miff crust ontop which the water battles to seep through sometime....... other cheek aswell?? :friends: lol......;)

Peat holds much more water than Coco, and should be treated more like soil. The water not soaking in when it dries is characteristic of peat. I have never touched vermiculite, but I know it holds a good amount of water, much more than perlite, but how much compared to coco/peat I don't know.

I would increase time between watering after knowing the above information. Even Sunshine Mix #4 my buddy uses is peat/perlite/verm and he grows 5-7 foot plants with 6-9 plants per 1k in 5 gal pots. He waters every 3-4 days until they are that size, then every other day until mid flower. In mid flower he waters every day if he can swing it or every other day if he cannot.

Obviously your pots are smaller, but I would still say they are not the proper size for more than twice a week. Others with more peat experience hopefully will chime in. My experience is primarily with pure coco and coco/pumice mixes.

@LSWM...... its a 250ml can of rocket fuel..... brah Im fucking idiot.....:comfort:

That's 8 oz.

I need to get going and back to work. I'll check back in tonight or tomorrow! Good luck buddy.

LSWM

Ok so I have a lot of experience with 6l pots so this should apply pretty closely to ur 7l pots. U should be watering like u are till u have roots established. I go by when I can fully saturate a pot and the next day it is close to dry then I know they are established. Now u can saturate once or twice a day or set it up on a watering system and hit them between 4 to 8 times a day depending on how big they are and how dialed ur room is.

6L pots of peat mixes? If you noticed his last few posts, disregard this post of mine, but if not I think you may rethink what you've said.

I could be wrong.

Miraculous Meds

I just saw the peat in the mix. Disregard my watering strategy as its intended for coco. Peat is a different beast altogether. I was not a fan of using mixed mediums, it made things quite a pia.

Smelly, ud be better off treating this more like soil im thinking.

SmellyFlorist

@Mirac... watsup, shot for checking back in...
Thanks for droppin your knowledge....[more 6L knowledge plzzzz] I get you on them being light the day after water.... once again it makes common sense right....
They've been in these pots for just shy of two weeks.... I still havnt up-potted one to check roots like retro says..... but the stems look like they thickening up nicely.... A sign of root development......??
In your opinion what would you say the roots look like?? I know I know its basically fucking impossible, but surely with an eye like yours you can "guestimate" what root development is like by the overall health and development from the plant is question.... Id love to set up a system bout our power trips an shit the whole time, its a bitch just to reset light and fan timers every lights on.... Could build one of those deep celled inverter thingymobobs... where theres a will theres a way I guess.... But its like when you guys starting rapping thick about hydro an ec and shit like that, it just goes over my head.... lmfao....

@LSWM..... sweet brah.... hope you have a good day... 21:20 here, lol...

@AJAE... watsup brah..... hope schools been good.... I need to see those strawberrys... soooo hurry the hell up....... ;)

SmellyFlorist

I just saw the peat in the mix. Disregard my watering strategy as its intended for coco. Peat is a different beast altogether. I was not a fan of using mixed mediums, it made things quite a pia.

Smelly, ud be better off treating this more like soil im thinking.

o fuck...:yoinks: It feels like I got fuck all idea of whats happening around me......

Miraculous Meds

just ask in detail or look it up. Like ec is just a way to measure the concentration of salts in ur water. So 1 ec means u have that much npk etc in ur water. Turns out 1 to 1.2ec is all a plant needs. so if u have a meter that measures this then u can know ur not adding too much salt locking things out by having too much of a concentration of salts per amount of water.

On ur roots at that size ur probably 1/3 full. but since ur in peat u don't want to fill the pot and water a lot per day cause it will get rootbound. Unless ur going to transplant into a bigger pot before flower. Simple test is when they get pretty dry u can squeeze the outside of ur pots all the way around to loosen it up and pull it out by tilting it upside down and holding the medium with ur hand and the plant between ur fingers, while ur pulling the pot up and u can see ur root development. Don't do this if u know the roots are really weak since it would just cause the medium to fall apart and damage the already weak roots.

SmellyFlorist

Fuck Im gonna hear it on this one.... right, its white sphagnum peat, made by Klasmann-Deilmann.... its got a pH of 6. It was a 4cubic feet compressed and a weight of 20kg, with a kg of NPK 14:10:18.... says its a uniform fine grade, with trace elements..... good for rapid even water absorption.... "
Im battling to read anything else, cause I cant see through all the egg.....
What a typical african tit.... smelly :whip:

Miraculous Meds

Ok well im not up to date with peat but I remember it holding lots of water and raising ph when dry. I think u need more of a soil approach with peat. It just offers a little more air and faster drying than soil.

pics of African tits or it didn't happen. lol

SmellyFlorist

Ok well im not up to date with peat but I remember it holding lots of water and raising ph when dry. I think u need more of a soil approach with peat. It just offers a little more air and faster drying than soil.

pics of African tits or it didn't happen. lol

LMFAO.... african tits are huge..... lol.... indigenous isnt my style.... I care for colonial.....

SmellyFlorist

But basically dont water the peat as much as you would the coco....? Ill play tit by ear..... I mean it... coz tits gotten me here... But shot for explaining the whole ec thingy...... you got a way with words and explanations....:friends: And I appreciate you taking the time to explain something thats so simple to you....:thank you:

DONAJTHEIII

Fuck Im gonna hear it on this one.... right, its white sphagnum peat, made by Klasmann-Deilmann.... its got a pH of 6. It was a 4cubic feet compressed and a weight of 20kg, with a kg of NPK 14:10:18.... says its a uniform fine grade, with trace elements..... good for rapid even water absorption.... "
Im battling to read anything else, cause I cant see through all the egg.....
What a typical african tit.... smelly :whip:

Ok dont trip too much except for the watering frequency. I remember my homie use to be the mixing mediums kind of guy and would crush it !! ph stayed b/w 5.8-6.2. and got treated like soil waterings.

He mixed canna with sunshine #4 and some other shit but I know the sunshine #4 had perlite/peatmoss/coco etc so you aint messed up too bad.

But like mirac said PIA IMO aha

Just coco and aeration for this guy over here

AJAE

SmellyFlorist

Dear ICmag..... In the next few moments, I, Smelly, will display a pictorial essay of plants ranging from a standard level of fuct... to totally fuct....!!
This huckleberry hick is one fuckn dumb dick, and Im making all the fuckups for everyone else to see.... Gotta love a showoff...
Without any further ado... Drumroll plzzzzzzz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WTF are em spots... I shrivelled when I saw this..

picture.php

Clasification: "Totalus Fuctarous"....

picture.php

Slightly better....??

SmellyFlorist

But wait.... theres more...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jokes aside, they actually looked better this morning... I feel prob nother three four days and they should recover from the stress and start new growth..... as you all can see I trimmed them up already and more wilting has taken place.... So Im asking the knowledgeable vertheads...... gurus in defoliation.... whats they best method to get these girls back up to shelf standard... I really feel they can make it... yeah they seem pretty beat up right now, they've been shown some tough motherfucking love..... its understandable..... but they strong..... they gonna make it..... I can feel it.....
So friends tell the Smelly one how he should go about this.... for hes denser than Southern African Camelthorn... but he is paving a green horizontal path thats gona turn sharply vert straight outta fuckneckville....... He just needs a lot help.....
Smelly

jd4083

Veteran
hey, at least you can get a bean to break the surface unlike some of us :laughing: looking much better, it'll be fine soon man. just re-read the thread for some more ideas again, thanks for posting so much detail dude

SmellyFlorist

@jd4083...... Shot for checking back in.... thanks for the read too... dont know what detail you on about brah :dunno:
more like Im babbling.....:friends:
Smelly

SmellyFlorist

And I dont "try" its when I dont try things they just miraculously[giggidy] take place...... Its when I try that I inevitably fuck things so silly they not recognizable.....