What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone got any pics or info on the indiana bubblegum cut

grayeyes

The one I grew was a feminized seed from Holimoli here in California. Had a pleasant conversation with a guy on the phone, two days later I had seeds.

Much to my surprise, BBG which was freebie grew out where I had killed off the SSH I originally thought I would grow.

This BBG was a small plant, no more than 24 inches. Maybe I just didn't give it the light it deserved. But it flowered very nicely, almost covered in buds.

High octane, I would say more than 25%.

Booyah!

I had no clue the Indiana Bubble gum looked like that. Looks like Bubba Kush! Very nice!

Is the clone still floating around? I've seen a cut going on Strainly but they were asking too much.

Qatman

The one I grew was a feminized seed from Holimoli here in California. Had a pleasant conversation with a guy on the phone, two days later I had seeds.

Much to my surprise, BBG which was freebie grew out where I had killed off the SSH I originally thought I would grow.

This BBG was a small plant, no more than 24 inches. Maybe I just didn't give it the light it deserved. But it flowered very nicely, almost covered in buds.

High octane, I would say more than 25%.

I got some of his too, about to begin flower.

Did yours smell of bubblegum? Indoor or outdoor?

Som 2

In my regular life I am a chef, and I know from that experience that the classic baseball card bubblegum flavor is usually a combination of strawberry, cherry and banana. I wouldn't be surprised if there were terps lurking in this strain that point in those directions. It would likely be a great hybridizing tool for breeding towards those types of flavors.

Booyah!

In my regular life I am a chef, and I know from that experience that the classic baseball card bubblegum flavor is usually a combination of strawberry, cherry and banana. I wouldn't be surprised if there were terps lurking in this strain that point in those directions. It would likely be a great hybridizing tool for breeding towards those types of flavors.

Good chefs make good breeders! I bet you"d get all those phenos popping out in a selected outcross.

frostqueen

Bump. 'Indiana Bubblegum' clones just showed up in a Portland dispensary. I got one from Progressive Collective. The clone source is Pacific Green Growers.

I have no idea if it is 'real deal', but Progressive has usually been pretty good with that. I'm curious if anyone here has grown THE Indiana cut, or has more pictures of it.

bigAl25

Veteran
A few photos of Mosca's Indiana bubblegum S1s around 6 to 7 weeks of flower. Will probably go over 9 weeks before the fade is done. In some photos it's right next to Nirvana AK48. Bubblegum more indica leaves, AK48 is a thinner longer leaf. Both plants around same height and both topped. Smelled some actual bubblegum scent this morning. We'll see if it remains after dry and cure.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 95

bigAl25

Veteran
I took these Mosca Indiana Bubble Gum S1s down at 9 1/2 weeks of flower. The larger one has a definite bubblegum smell to it. The smaller one has more frost on the buds. I believe these are the real deal. I'll comment after the dry and mason jar cure of 2 to 4 weeks. I believe Mosca's IBG S1s are worth a go for those seeking the real deal. They are feminized seeds.:woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 60

bigAl25

Veteran
:biggrin:Here's the other photo I had trouble downloading. It is a better photo of the two IBG S1s

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 67

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew a bubblegum by female seeds and it was pure loud bubblegum, sativa leaning high. I get confused when people say that theirs only have a touch of bbgum or just a variation.

The smell and flavor is the same as the pink gums over here, the fruit type.

I found pure bubblegum in female seeds line 1 of 8 females. I am pretty sure just like serious seeds female seeds is a dutch hybrid. Very frosty stuff but needed a very long veg. If it were me I'd be buying from mosca and CSI. They both 100% have legit indiana cuts which is pure bubblegum. The original cut all the euro's used in hybrids.

bigAl25

Veteran
After a weeks hang dry both my Mosca Indiana bubble gum S1s have the bubblegum smell. They are the real deal folks and should improve with a jar cure over the next month. I will reorder these fem seeds when they become available again. I'm thrilled with the Mosca results on this strain.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Where are you getting the mosca s1's? Pm me if the site won't accept the name please.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HumboldtCSI sells Indiana Bubblegum S1's 7 seeds per pack $100 US. I haven't grown them but very tempted to grab a pack.

Last edited:

NEED 4 SEED

I found pure bubblegum in female seeds line 1 of 8 females. I am pretty sure just like serious seeds female seeds is a dutch hybrid. Very frosty stuff but needed a very long veg. If it were me I'd be buying from mosca and CSI. They both 100% have legit indiana cuts which is pure bubblegum. The original cut all the euro's used in hybrids.

I was reading another bubblegum thread on ICMag the other day where a link to an Adam Dunn show was posted where they all agree that the indiana cut isn't the original and the man who gave TH seeds the real cut was also in the video and even the cut itself was brought there...No Indiana...

Cannabologist

Veteran
^^^ Yeah that was me!

I could talk a lot about 'Gum and the cuts that are out there, and the history of it.

Its unclear if the Indiana cut "is the original", and really what that even means.>>

The entire history of the Bubblegum strain line is muddled, the creator likely dead, and anyone at this point can make things up without some kind of good documentation, pictures, etc.

We don't know where the Bubble Gum clones came from, and how long they were around for, how many times the line was backcrossed before this clone was chosen, if that ever happened, etc.. Even the idea that the Bubblegum variety came out of Indiana has some questions, but it likely came from somewhere in the midwest USA.

People that got clones here from Silverback, or got a clone from someone of someone of someone who got clones from Silverback, hasn't come forward in any of these Bubblegum threads to shed some light, or post pics, etc., and finding info on him via icmag posts is hard, and he didn't seem to post much if at all about the clone/strain.

I've been working on an "improvement gum" :biggrin: that'll ideally be more stable than crosses, and more elicit not only the flavor but the high people are looking for in Bubble Gum. Given what people pop and the likelihood of something smelling Bubblegummy it seems like people get one every 1 out of 10 to 1 out of 20 seeds.