What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Cuddles

Some proteins trigger a reaction in some people. Chicken is also one of the biggest dog allergens as well. So a heads up to those with dogs that have skin problems. It may well be the dog food being fed.
thanks, I really did not know about this! I don´t have a dog anymore but I mmight again one day :) What about other poultry? I also heard that dogs can´t handle pork meat that well either, is this true?

Cuddles

I bought a couple Guinea Hens once from Whole Foods. Tasted like mud. Tossed them in the trash.
were they pre- seasoned or did you prepare them yourself?
Our local supermarket(s) do marinated meats etc. The `american BBQ´s are weird man. They just put stuff on the meat, put it in a blue, red + white packaing and call it `texan´ or similar. But I don´t think that americans ever make such rubbish BBQ sauces or marinades :biggrin:

xtsho

thanks, I really did not know about this! I don´t have a dog anymore but I mmight again one day :) What about other poultry? I also heard that dogs can´t handle pork meat that well either, is this true?

It's something with the chicken and not all dogs experience problems. In fact most dogs don't but many have an issue which is hard to determine the cause and most don't even think about the chicken in the dog food as it's one of the most common meats used. Turkey and duck are good. Dogs can eat pork but it has more fat so that's something to think about if you have a dog that doesn't get much activity. I cook up a pork chop for my dog a few times a week month. She loves it and it doesn't cause any problems. I stick to beef and lamb based foods.

were they pre- seasoned or did you prepare them yourself?
Our local supermarket(s) do marinated meats etc. The `american BBQ´s are weird man. They just put stuff on the meat, put it in a blue, red + white packaing and call it `texan´ or similar. But I don´t think that americans ever make such rubbish BBQ sauces or marinades :biggrin:

I don't know what they're selling where you're at but we have some great barbecue here in America. I've been to Texas and eaten barbecue there. Most of it is exceptionally good.

I do a lot of barbecuing and smoking of meat. I mix my own special blend of seasonings and spices.

stlouiscut.jpg
pastrami2.jpg

Last edited:

Douglas Fir

It occured to me that I could maybe turn my leftover pizza dough into something resembling ciabatta. Came out way better than I expected and I'm trying not to eat the whole thing. Eating this along with my usual pasta e fagioli.
bread.jpg