What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SENTINEL CHHC-4 (that's right, 4)

I do not have the software. I also don't see the need, its a very easy to use device through the buttons. I've had mine running for 4mo now, works great! Tho if you find the software, LMK!

Tyga

Veteran
I see it on there BIN @ 500$ plus shipping which still stays under 550. But it dosent come with OG box... would u guys trust that? 100% feedback..

slowride

Thanks dtf. I actually went and bought a pxm-1 power module so I could run the ac with the controller but on a different circuit. Turned out the pxm was defective lol so I just went and got a c.a.p. to run independent of the chhc-4 and has worked perfectly ever since. Pretty ridiculous when you buy a 600 dollar controller and it cant even handle a 12k a.c.

lol why dont u use a thermostat to control your ac?? Your ac needs a 5 minute delay before it can be re-started after being off. I wonder if any of those controllers incorporate a time delay. All thermostats have this feature built in. i never understood why people rave about this all in one controller...

if that unit fails your whole grow is down. i would rather trust honeywell or white and rodgers to controll my ac, matador for my co2 and another honeywell or white and rodgers to control my humidity. Tried, tested and true.

The Bling

I don't need one of these now, but I think I will by summer, especially once AC is needed. Jerry, how do you like yours? Seems like you enjoy it, minus the max load capacity... Which I can bypass with a relay (have to anyway.. No way I'm getting 2600w+AC+dehumy+fans on one 15a circuit hah.)

What's the best price for one of these guys? I'm seeing $512 on eBay, new.

dude dont be a fool you wire all of those things to 110v relays which you plug in to the controller..............

mine works well.

I've had the chhc-1 for about a month now. No issues so far. I also want the software. I'd like to see temp and RH trends for day/night. I'm also switching my room from intake/exhaust to sealed and I'd like to find out the difference in energy usage between the two.

LeeROI

The CHHC-4 superseded the CHHC-1 with these improvements:

NEW Green LED lights make this unit very plant friendly
NEW Removable combination remote temp, humidity, light level & CO2 probe allows the CHHC-4 to be placed up to 16 feet away
NEW Protective caps to help prevent water from getting into the controller

"does anyone have the software for this controller?" I've seen it available for download on the web from a third party. It is very beta and the manufacturer never seemed to care about it.

avant gardener

Veteran
anyone tried the autopilot controllers?

hydrofarm is their only distro which is a red flag in my book since a lot of their other stuff is pure shite. same 3 year warranty though.

it does do everything that the chhc does, but they're $400 new.

dalilguy

hydrofarm is their only distro which is a red flag in my book since a lot of their other stuff is pure shite. same 3 year warranty though.

That's because autopilot is a HF brand. Like titan is to Ngw/sunlight supply. The advantage u have with auto pilot is if it craps out its an easy exchange at the hydro shop. Same should go for Titan.

eyes

Veteran

got a friend who tried one. total pos. dont waste your money.

avant gardener

Veteran
thanks for the heads up.
i figured as much, seeing as how it's HF,
but i needed to hear it from someone who dealt with that shit.

i don't expect sentinel would be tough to get an RA if there were a problem.
they have distro with HF, sunlight, and R&M.

dalilguy

thanks for the heads up.
i figured as much, seeing as how it's HF,
but i needed to hear it from someone who dealt with that shit.

i don't expect sentinel would be tough to get an RA if there were a problem.
they have distro with HF, sunlight, and R&M.

Correct but some stores have a hard time dealing with various companies when it comes to exchange. Hanna is one of them an I know sentinel can be hard at times leaving stores with stock piles of broken gear.

Just ask before u purchase if you get it locally

LeeROI

Thanks, Pat.

From the readme:
Warning: In Windows Vista and Win 7 the CHHC monitor software cannot be installed on the c: drive if the Windows system folder is also installed on the c: drive!

Latest posts

Latest posts