What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MGT's Living Soil Bed Thread

Mattbho

Ill stick around for this.

Just a heads up. I think I got p.m once from using cold outside air on the intake .

Just may want to keep an eye on it is all. I know they have different grades of sliding glass doors. If its the barely insulated kind . You don't want to be pulling 10 degree air into the tents mid January . Especially at lights out .

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
A bit early I think...

dank.Frank

they are rather small cups, 2oz solos. and only about half full, so like a a shotglass or less of soil. 1 of them I'm having to water twice a day now, so def going in larger ones. I normally start in normal size solos, and last time i started in something smaller when I seen these at the store I figured I'd give the mini ones a try. I think I like them lol.

This is the one eating the most right now.

Def gonna give it another day, I will transplant into next size solo tomorrow night. I forget the size, but its still smaller than a normal solo.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
First time I watered the beds I did it slow, and had hardly any any runoff. this time I went faster, and used less and had this much run off. Think I have an idea of how much to do now for next time, anyways here is the beds and the run off for bed 01.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Roots are looking a bit better, so moved them to next size solo cups(now we are in one size smaller than normal solos) once these are root filled, I will put into the soil beds(have a solo in each bed next size up, will transplant into the larger holes and use more seedling mix to fill the space, so they will grow into that, and then finally into the beds)

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
and the 2 Platinum Cookies x Grape Pie

they both have some odd leaves, reminds me of blueberry. The one im not sure if pull threw but we shall see..

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay, so things have been moving along, I prolly should have put them in the soil beds the other day, as some of the lower leaves has started yellowing, but when I went to do it, the soil beds were not wet enough and my barrel was empty lol. so, today is the day.

but first, lets have some dabs...

okay, not that that's out of the way, lets transplant these seedlings...

This journey has officially begun now, but there is some changes to the plans. I had wanted to seeds in both tents, but since only 6 seeds made it, I am forced to do 6 clones in the other tent. Those still have to be transplanted, hoping to get that done shortly and will update afterwards.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
and on to the clones,(seedlings going into bed, is in the post/page before this one) we got 2 sour dubb on the left I think, 2 the cube on the right, and 2 ecsd in the middle.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOUR DUBB!!!! :joint:

Such great smoke. You're going to love her flavor in water only organic soil.

dank.Frank

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
here are the seedlings as of a couple of hours ago before they got watered

and here are the clones also just before watering from a couple of hours ago

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Looking Good! you make me want to visit the stash and grab a fresh jar of Sour Dubb...

can't wait to try it hehe

seedlings seem to be growing well, taking off now in these beds. stretching a bit more than I would have liked, so will be be lowering the light in the morning some more.

and the clones, doing alright. getting used to the soil, the ecsd is taking longest to get used to things, as you can see they are in the center lol, should be fine soon tho

overall, I'm def happy with the beds so far. I can fill my barrel with straight ro, feed as much as they need. and repeat when they need it, no mixing nutes, ph-ing anything, really is nice haha, cant wait to try the final product.

Bio boy

Heavily subbed just started looking in franks shit
Pmed him and then found this. Its like thread of gold to me so similar to what am doing.
My aims 8-9 pla ts and 80gals at 10inch deep

Are u gona grow em to trees? Or flip em soon like most seem to?