What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your best yield in a 4x4 area?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
This was a weird grow for me. I took these plants as clones when I harvested the previous crop. The clones had to re-veg from a completely flowered stage. All kinds of weird shoots were starting out of the buds that were on the clones.

Most of the clones had 4 or 5 shoots growing out of a single clone. I'll see if I can find a pic of that. I vaguely remember taking a pic because it was the ugliest clones I ever took. LOL Lots of single leaves. Almost bushy.

I didn't really want to trim them as I did trim one so it would only have ONE main shoot and it didn't do well. So, I just let the rest grow "wild".

Then, I ran out of pots and dirt so I put 2 clones in every #3 nursery pot, rather the my typical 1 plant per pot.

So, all those clusters of giant Barney's Farm LSD that you see came out of only 4 pots. I had 4 pots of LSD, 3 pots of skunk and a couple others with different strains in a single pot. Black Cherry Soda and Lemon OG in one pot. LOL

The only support is the 2 hanging trellises that I have used for years. They hang from the tent bars and are adjustable up or down as they hang on chains and hooks. It is just soft string that is stretched and I can adjust that to some extent side to side to accommodate the plants lower branches.

I really had no intention of ever doing any of this. I was getting ready to move to So Cal this Spring when Corona Daze hit and it fucked up everything. So, I was just biding my time and doing whatever. Certainly not my standard MO. I have had a perpetual grow for, pretty much 35 years. Did most everything the same way for years. This was all "off the cuff" for me.

I am jarring some of it this week so I'll be weighing and burping the next couple weeks. Then, a 2 month cure and after it is cured, I plan to vacuum seal the jars. I have about 2 years worth of stash and I found vacuuming the jars keeps it way longer and better than non-vacuumed jars (my MO for years was not vacuuming the jars and a couple times I got mold).

Can't wait to smoke some of this. The Black Cherry Soda actually has a cherry smell. LOL

little-soldier

Taking clones from a flowering plant and letting them reveg is called monster cropping because it creates lots of branches which usually yields more than a normal clone.

Cmoon

Taking clones from a flowering plant and letting them reveg is called monster cropping because it creates lots of branches which usually yields more than a normal clone.

Or a reveg which normally takes 5 to 6 weeks, strain related, once its back in healthy veg you can cut away and get back to single cola if it fits the bill.

When all said and done 16 zips of primo weed in 4x4 is more then reasonable,with veg room aid I had that going 5 times a year with a 600hps, if youre doing 20+ its a lot more then a 10 week grow.

Imho 25s about peak with that area.

bests Cm

M

moose eater

4'x4' single 400 watt hps digital in a Sun System hood, semi-gloss interior of cabinet with Behr ultra-pure white latex enamel, Super-Cropping, 16 plants, Classic 1200 pots, Dronkers Sensi Seed Bank California Indica, 3 115 cfm Dayton axial fans moving air from bottom to top of box on 3 of 4 sides, organic soil with boosters, 20.5 oz.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I just got this all trimmed, weighed and jarred. 30 ounces, 20 grams. My best ever from this space. I usually get over a pound and sometimes a good pound and a half. But, I never got anywhere near this much. And, seven strains to boot. LOL. It was a PITA grow with some plants wilting while others were wet. 5 were autos and the rest photo. I actually still have one plant in the tent. It's one of the autos. About week 19 and it is still all clear with many still silver. Hairs are still white. Plant looks like shit. LOL Got a damn lot of resin on it though.

I bought 36 new hygrometers, 1 for each jar. LOL I just love this part. Giant piles of colas and buds. A room that smells so wonderful it must be Mother Nature herself making perfume... and, of course, sticky fingers. LOL

Growing it and harvesting it is the best part. I don't even smoke it any more. And vaping is about as fun as fucking with a rubber. LOL

Time to start some new seeds. I want landrace Sativa this time. Been a long time.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just got this all trimmed, weighed and jarred. 30 ounces, 20 grams. My best ever from this space. I usually get over a pound and sometimes a good pound and a half. But, I never got anywhere near this much. And, seven strains to boot. LOL. It was a PITA grow with some plants wilting while others were wet. 5 were autos and the rest photo. I actually still have one plant in the tent. It's one of the autos. About week 19 and it is still all clear with many still silver. Hairs are still white. Plant looks like shit. LOL Got a damn lot of resin on it though.

I bought 36 new hygrometers, 1 for each jar. LOL I just love this part. Giant piles of colas and buds. A room that smells so wonderful it must be Mother Nature herself making perfume... and, of course, sticky fingers. LOL

Growing it and harvesting it is the best part. I don't even smoke it any more. And vaping is about as fun as fucking with a rubber. LOL

Time to start some new seeds. I want landrace Sativa this time. Been a long time.

Where did you get them? Some packs that just came in, from last fall, are dry. I would love to be able to measure and cure based on the moisture. A lot better than tossing a 62% pack or two in and burping.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/curing-using-a-hygrometer-and-jar.159254/

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...d-slow-drying-maximizing-your-harvest.366783/

You shouldn't be so hard on vaping the terps off, until you've tried it.

Mudraya

Years ago...hand watered, 2 gallon pots, 9 plants, mixed strains (Bubba, The White, etc) no Co2, botanicare PBP or CNS. Used to overfeed quite a bit too. Regularly got 27-30 each time. Called it the super tent because I could never duplicate those numbers per light in a larger space. There’s something about having all that reflective surface so close that makes a difference.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
And I thought I did really well with 20.2 oz in my 4x4 . . .

4 autos from seed. 2 x FastBuds Tangie’Matic & 2 x Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry. 700 watts LED (2 strips & one fixture). Hand watered coco in 5 gallon pots using Remo nutes. An easy grow.

It was only my 4th grow in the tent but I guess I’ll just have to work harder. :watchplant:

Mudraya

And I thought I did really well with 20.2 oz in my 4x4 . . .

4 autos from seed. 2 x FastBuds Tangie’Matic & 2 x Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry. 700 watts LED (2 strips & one fixture). Hand watered coco in 5 gallon pots using Remo nutes. An easy grow.

It was only my 4th grow in the tent but I guess I’ll just have to work harder. :watchplant:

20 is nothing to laugh at, good job!

1000g from 480w. That's pretty out there.

Lots of 8 week plants will do over 18 per meter, giving 27+ in a 1.2 tent. The gpw figure won't be much over 1 though, because a lot of light is needed if your aiming high. In today's seed market, it's the Kush or Critical crosses making the big numbers. With Skunk#1 crosses very close. They are the 3 building blocks that others are crossed with to gain weight. The Kush and Skunk are good on their own, but I find Critical crosses usually as interesting as Big-Bud. Unless it's the uninteresting nature of Critical that your choosing, in a cross where you really want the outcome to be more like the other parent, with very little of the critical coming through. A difficult task if you want to retain it's weight.

I would like to do an Afgan again. That's a weighty component and I like the simplicity of it. Hash Plant might be close enough. Sensi have the Black Domina, but it's moving towards primo buds, away from weight. If it won't do 18 per meter, it's not a long term keeper. I smoke neat, so even the Big-Bud is strong enough for me. I'm looking for taste and effect. A nice pallet. Nothing so resinous I choke. Or so low yielding I run out :)

Those 9 three gallon smart pots routinely yield over 100gr(1/4lbs). The 1000gr includes about to 50-80 gr of larfish buds. If you’re going for weight either run a monocropped Afghan type with columnar growth in a SOG set up DTW or Ebb n Flow, or a SCROG with a Sativa dominant hybrid (60/40).

The thing about these LEDs is canopy management. If your canopy is uniform you can slam the lights 24 inches from the plants with the dimmer turned up which pushes 550 watts. For over a decade I swore by 600w HPS which are still great, but after running the HLG QB’s for the last year its apparent they are viable competitors to HPS/MH. My same setup would produce the same yields with 2x600 or 1x600 and a 400w. That’s over twice the power consumed at the wall not too mention the power saved on cooling.

Check out Desert Hydros “ 40ft insulated reefer grow” thread. DHF and Desert Hydro touch some good points as he also is running LEDs after using HPS in his previous runs. Check out his yields and tell me again that 2# per light is “pretty out there”. A couple years from now I think HPS/MH will be like magnetic ballasts are nowadays. Grow technology is not immune to advances and change like any other industry. For the large commercial setups the swap is time consuming and expensive so they’ll likely be that last ones running HPS type fixtures. If you keep up with companies like Fluence, HLG, and SpiderLed to name a few it pretty neat seeing the efficiency in umol these new fixtures put out.

Last edited:

Gazoo31

Personally 1.5 with a 600 hps in coco. Watched a video by urban grower showing a med setup in BC, they claim they're hitting 3.7 per light, with hopes of breaking 4.

djibra

Years ago...hand watered, 2 gallon pots, 9 plants, mixed strains (Bubba, The White, etc) no Co2, botanicare PBP or CNS. Used to overfeed quite a bit too. Regularly got 27-30 each time. Called it the super tent because I could never duplicate those numbers per light in a larger space. There’s something about having all that reflective surface so close that makes a difference.

wow sound great!

how long did you veg them? clone or seed?

Burlapin

32oz in 4 5-gallon air pots using 650w of samsung led strips no co2. The two in the front are Wonder Woman from Nirvana Seeds and the ones in the back are Blueberry from Seedsman
NBOrFHf

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I spoke to someone the other day who said he builds rooms for people in their home. Said he pulls 4-5 lbs per plant. I just said "cool", but I was picturing a single 100 gallon pot, 10 foot ceilings 4 blazing 1200w bulbs, and enough CO2 to affect global warming.

Everyone wants to be a rock star.