What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decent Electric Piano that lets you add 100+ custom sounds

St. Phatty

I would like to get my hands on an electronic instrument like that.

If it's simply a piano keyboard that hooks up to the computer (which makes the sounds),

or a piano keyboard that has its own audio circuitry,

what keyboards do you like ?

I have some sounds I've recorded, e.g. every time I go to the rifle range I put out 1 or 2 mikes and get all the rifle sounds.

I have the software to turn that into little *.mp3's or *.wav's.

What I want to do is, push a button, and it plays that sound.

So, for example, you could play the 1812 Overture (with the cannons) and add some rifle-boom sounds.

Also I have a medium collection of animal sounds.

e.g. when a hen is unhappy and screeches, and screeches - damn that is an irritating sound. They should use that for baby monitors, it is hard to ignore & will wake anybody up.

Anyway I figure a bunch of you guys & gals have already been down this road.

I might start out looking for used ones on Craigslist but it would be good to know a little before hand.

Thanks for any info !!! :huggg:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:yeahthats Midi keyboards have been around forever too, you can go to goodwill and pickup one from the 80s or 90s and odds are it will have a midi port, it's that round one with the pins.
pasted+image+0.png

St. Phatty

There's got to be some musician or comedian that has done this & gotten known for it.

Seems like the pre-requisite is a library of sounds.

Maybe I could make a heavy metal version of Old McDonald Had an 1812 Overture. :woohoo:

Since most of my sounds are animal sounds and firearms sounds.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
There's got to be some musician or comedian that has done this & gotten known for it.

Seems like the pre-requisite is a library of sounds.

Maybe I could make a heavy metal version of Old McDonald Had an 1812 Overture. :woohoo:

Since most of my sounds are animal sounds and firearms sounds.

Check out the Facebook page of Robbie Seahag Mangano, scroll down a bit on the page to the post " for the fans" he's doing it and making up a song with Trump recordings and breaking glass, Caddtshack recordings and other shit.

He's using a looping pedal also.

Here's a link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1713967871959623&id=100000392799768