What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

Took a bunch of quick pics at lights off but most turned out blurry. I guess the hand ain't as steady as she used to be. So heres what came out decent; TO and a group pic.

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

picture.php

took pics on christmas and never posted them. been preoccupied learning about security cameras and technology. its been pretty frustrating but i think i got it figured out. however, i kept forgetting to water the bloom plants during the holiday and 3 Scoops started leaning against the wall. i think next round will be better hopefully.

Orange Cream
picture.php

"schrom"
picture.php

The One
picture.php

3 Scoops. next round will be better. lol
picture.php

Hope y'all have a good new year!

thailer

i've been on the phone with the internet company for hours today trying to get the internet in a building on my property to work. it used to work on that outet and then i moved the modem and it worked in the new outlet no issues with a smooth transition. now the outlet won't work and when i call the company, they said that sometimes they need to only let one outlet work because it causes some sort of problem otherwise but for $70 they will send someone out to turn it back on. kinda feel like i'm being strongarmed but whatever. hehe

I need a direct wired connection to internet AND my main house to operate the security camera i purchased. Then i can sleep easier with the security issues that have started up.

The veg plants are doing ok i guess. i mixed up soil using dry peat moss and i filled up my pots, transplanted small clones and then added water to the pots. the water i added isn't enough to saturate the whole container because it's a 20 gallon with a half gallon transplant. So the plants freaked out then have just started to grow. GMO is growing really quickly and others are still pretty short. i was hoping to have equally large plants to flip to bloom. i can arrange stuff now that the other room will be free from harvesting.

Thanks for all the kind comments! Hope your weekend is a good one!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i hate dry peat. so nasty.

when soil building i always rehydrate the peat before mixing. any saponin rich additive will help, but yucca extract is my favorite. soapnut and aloe are two others i’ve used.

when i use plain water without any saponin additive i get massive pockets of totally hydrophobic peat dust right next to water logged mud. it’s amazing what a difference it makes.

with the yucca or whatever i can wet the peat evenly and avoid muddy puddles. leaves me with a really nice spongy texture that feels moist and springy like nice leaf mold.

thailer

i mix by the yard and moist peat is heavy. so i do everything dry and when its all mixed and put in storage containers, then i moisten the peat and it sits for 10-14 days. this time i mixed it and didn't premoisten it then planted right in there all same day. The KIS soil was bone dry in the bag and gave me barely an issue.

I bought Tad's Veggie Mix and Water Only basic soil when i drove up there. the Veggie mix has some coir along with peat and whenever i use soil that has any coir whatsoever in it, I have all sorts of problems. i took those plants and put them in Tad's water only soil and they greened up and took off with minimal issues.

I'm gonna mix up some soil soon and let it set. i really need to not procrastinate on it like i do. it never turns out well. lol KIS has a gallon of yucca for $50 so when i get more money coming in, i'll head up there and get one.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i hear that. i’m always trying to lighten my mixes to give my back a break.

i use a dry powdered yucca extract from a company called “RAW.” a little goes a looong way.

haven’t tried the liquid extracts but definitely something to play with.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I think I can moisten my peat with the puddles of drool that form when I view those pictures of the ‘One’.

Seriously though I need to brush up and research saponins. I wonder if I could use fresh aloe plants, got plenty!!

thailer

if you're all serious about aloe, i have a link to The Great Aloe Book but i haven't read it. lol

file:///home/chronos/u-99cfc43ac0c64c7bacbfa20b9c6ac2834bae7ff1/Downloads/the-great-aloe-book.pdf

theres a library of pdf's that you can download with a bunch of articles about saponins as well as vermiculture, composting, specific amendments, neem, books like One Straw Revolution, Neem books, breeding and cannabis history books. all free downloads. i can send you the links. :tiphat:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
you can def use fresh aloe! it’s the best!

i like to cut a filet into chunks, add a bit of water, and use my immersion blender to purée it up. i further dilute that before using it to water.

if you want to use fresh aloe as a surfactant for foliar application, you’ll need to strain it through a pretty fine mesh. in that case i might recommend slicing open the filet and carving out the gel from inside. to break down the globs i put it through a mesh kitchen strainer using the back of a large spoon. then i stir/shake/blend vigorously until there are no more floaties. easier to strain this way.

thailer

wow it's been forever since i last posted!

I've harvested a couple plants and i have two left at 11 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3 Scoops got planted in some soil i mixed up wrong and didn't realize until a couple weeks into bloom. she has been yellow and grown poorly the whole time but in veg was a really easy vigorous plant. I'm thinking round two will be better. the buds are white with frost and i think it will really be better in good soil.

thailer

picture.php

picture.php

Orange Cream flopping over at 10.5 weeks and she's hanging right now waiting to be jarred up.

I was going to flip my room tonight and put some stakes up for the plants but on the second stake, i was leaning over and felt this pop in my spine and fell to the ground. i had to crawl out of the garage on my knees. nothing is helping and i have no idea how i am going to haul water out to the rooms. one room needs it really bad.

Plants look great. Sorry to hear about your back, that sounds bad. I use this herbal liniment from mountain rose herbs that always seems to help with numbing back pains and the like.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Get recommendations for a chiropractor in your area, don’t try let that heal by itself!!

Plants look excellent. I am jealous of that fade, I’m struggling with that aspect atm. It’s not easy to achieve when recycling soil it seems.

What do you think was wrong about that one batch of soil? Those mishaps are always an opportunity to observe and learn!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
sorry to hear about your back!!

it won’t heal it but for some relief try infused epsom salts
in a hot bath. it’s a life saver for me when my back seizes up.

i add 15–30mg cbd (like a dropperful of my all purposed cbd grape seed oil) to a big jar with between 1–1.5 cups of epsom salt, then shake until the salt is evenly coated.

that’s it!

i sometimes add essential oils or thc oil or whatever.

get well soon!

flowers look insane btw. do you do any hashmaking?

thailer

i don't normally unless i need to make canna comfrey salve. i infused oil with comfrey leaves and make dry ice hash. I take the hash and follow badkat's method to decarb the hash and then add that to the oil. it makes the best edibles too. i've tried all different methods and never thought much about edibles until i read her thread. if you haven't checked it out, shes a smart lady and its called BadKat's Canna Caps, UV candy..... it's a long thread title lol.

i'm parked on a heating pad binge watching hulu. i'm gonna go to the chiropractor tomorrow if i can. thanks!

thailer

Get recommendations for a chiropractor in your area, don’t try let that heal by itself!!

Plants look excellent. I am jealous of that fade, I’m struggling with that aspect atm. It’s not easy to achieve when recycling soil it seems.

What do you think was wrong about that one batch of soil? Those mishaps are always an opportunity to observe and learn!

sometimes they don't fade as much as these do. i'm just using the basic coot mix but i don't add as much neem. i found that helped them fade easier but i usually have them fade to lime green. it seems to time perfectly with them finishing.

as i've understood it, the roots release exudates that communicate with the microbiology to dictate the plants needs and as the plant finishes and ambers up, the demand for nutrients is low which makes it fade naturally despite fertilizer still being in the soil. when i plant them outdoors in the soil, i don't really add fertilizers other than a couple handfuls of kelp because we're lucky to have great garden soil. we don't have to fertilize and the veggies do fine without. the cannabis plants fade naturally in the soil which i know has a lot of fertilizers from the minerals. so the cannabis plants just fade on their own usually around ten weeks for me with 20% ambers. i think the potting soil recipe has a lot to do with it though. most of the nitrogen from the mix is slow release which i'm guessing helps.

thanks for the kind comments infinitelight, Moses and Heady!! I'm really excited to share my first harvest of her with a friend down by portland who helped me learn to grow long ago. he said that i should take her till she has a lot of ambers so she is the most potent.

Yeah I also agree , badkats caps was a great addition to my life and others.
The first time I made them I screwed up the recipe and made them 300+mg each, instead of 30mg and holy shit that was actually the only real unpleasant time I have eaten cannabis. I was unable to stand up all night and my head was hurting still the whole next day.

Im glad I tried them before giving them out. BUT there was this guy with cancer I gave some to at the lake county farmers market and he came back the next week to tell me they helped him. Just goes to show you, you need to build a tolerance, lol.
My usual dose around that time was 30-100mg tops.