What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIP HOP HEADS, JOIN US!!!

Gedöns

CimbaKat

Really Got into hip hop in 2003, I was 13. It was Mr Lif's song Phantom, that song rocked my world. I was playing Tony Hawk Underground and it came on and I stopped playing and just listened to it. I looked at who the artist was and shut my system off and asked my mom if we can out to whatever music store to go buy his CD. I copped Emergency Rations and I Phantom, threw them jauns in my Colby Walkman and it was over baby, I was baptized and forever a hip hop head. Started writing bars, graffiti, I fuckin loved hip hop, saved my life... as till write and am working on making music currently. Crazy to see how elementary you were as a kid and how far your writing developed as an adult..

I was hooked on the hip hops. That song Was like someone was reading my thoughts and I needed to hear more of this music. The more I found the better it got, the more knowledge and wisdom I gained, knowledge of self. From there I got into The Perceptionists (Akrobatik, Mr. Lif, DJ Facts One), Guru, Gang Starr, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, Eyedea, E & A (Eyedea and DJ Abilities), Cunninlynguists, Reef the Lost Cauze, One Be Lo, Binary Star, Senim Silla, Vinnie Paz, Saigon, Papoose, Cassidy, D Block and its members, Jedi Mind Tricks, Apathy, jeru the Damajah, Lords of the Underground, Redman, Esoteric, Louis Logic, Louis Logic and JJ Brown, Big Pun, early Fat Joe, Wu Tang Clan and all of the members, Killah Priest, Canibus, Braille, Living Legends, Cage, a little I'll Bill and Necro, la Coka Nostra, Everlast, Chino XL, Slaine, K-Rino, The SPC (South Park Coalition) and alotta its members, too many but mainly fucked with the wizard K-Rino , Trae, Z-ro, Assholes by Nature (Trae and Z-ro), SPM (South Park Mexican), DJ Screw, Tupac, Biggie, Pack FM, Lowkey, Extended F@MM, MF Doom, Substantial, Nujabes, DJ Krush, early Eminem,

i loved the 2000 battle scene, scribble jams, Juice, Eyedea, Reef the Lost Cauze, Immortal technique, Diabolic, Brother Ali, forgetting so many.. I searched the web for battles and downloaded em. Downloaded any artists discography whi had a dope verse as a feature on an album I was listening to. I'd try to buy whatever j could but I was so fuckin poor I couldnt but much. I had over 40gigabits of Hip Hop before my PC crashed... had most of it hard copy on cd but lost so much I got fuckin depressed. At one point I became a hip hop hive mind. lol ill never forget when my cousin showed me ICP - I was like naaaaaah, loved Cheif Kamachi, Sage Francis, Heiroglyphics, Del tha Funky Homosapien, Ice Cube, The Coup was my mothaphukkinsheeeeeeet (Boots Riley, Pam the Funkstress, E Roc, and a few others... damn just saw Pam died In. 2017... RIP), E40, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Army of The Pharaohs came out with The Torture Papers man that was doooope... heavy rotation as a sophomore, Cunninlynguists A Piece of Strange is one of the greatest albums of all time any genre... Loved Reef The Lost Cauze Feast or Famine, phenomenal album. One Be Lo's Word play is deeper than the ocean.. I'm forgetting g so many artists. I really fucked with political hip hop.

HIP hop was my bible... I had hundreds of Cds in black books like holy books... I'd share it with who ever would listen. I put so many people onto all these artists, specifically the underground cats... be burning cds trading music.. teenager years man. I miss those days... fuck

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still one of my favorite record covers! from 1990
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

JustGrowing420

Hip hop is a way of life!
Been listening for nearly two decades, nothing else has such a special place in my heart.

Aesop Rock feat. Homeboy Sandman & Open Mike Eagle - Syrup

very underrated rappers....

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I like to listen to the classics sometimes. High power stuff mostly. Though my current choice is lo-fi