What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow chronicles; Pics and comments

"HEMPEROR"

niceone she looks chunky from the budshots, ive got 3 packs of s.o.l,s glo that ive had a while maybe should through if the shishka is anything to go by. i look forward to seeing more of your pics. stay safe bro.....

Muad' Dib

Thatch for the soil and canes for cucumbers and tomatoes, still lot of work to do.

picture.php

It is my first time using it, i've seen it many times but not on this area. This soil keeps well the humidity but there is a lot of bad weeds that I hope with the thatch doesn't grow easily as until now.

Vibes.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I would like to have a good start so... Harvest time.

I,ve been flushing some ladies since 12 days ago, I was pretty sure to harvest them but in the last moment, as always, I'm thinking that maybe is better wait a few days, perhaps on saturday or sunday.

On this one amber is less than 50%.

Lilly 52 days

View Image View Image View Image

The smell is pure pineapple chewy candy or kind of "piña colada" cocktail, I'm very happy about that.

I've seen and already grow some other phenos and all of them are really goods and similar with very little few diffrences but this one is by far my favourite. I prefer this one because the smell is so strong and in addition she's a bit fast.
I've had a bud named Lilly in a coffeeshop in Barcelona 2 years ago that I really liked - tasted a bit like coconut, very heady and happy high. Any chance it could be the same as what you have?
If so, could you share some more information about it? I am very interested in it, I really liked it for a daytime smoke.

Muad' Dib

Hey fonzee, thanks for stopping by here.

I'd not say just "coconut" but "piña colada"... Then it is on the range of flavours and I only know one Lilly which is from Original Delicatessen.

Probably is not the same cut but a pheno. I've tried some different cuts of this plant, even the Mario's one (if really exists a Mario's cut only or 20, who knows)... But my best keeper was found in an S1 seeds pack.

Respect the high, well... It is not a strong high for me, O.D. says that Lilly came by crossing Queen Mother x Congo (I've read a purple congo pheno)... So it should be sativa x sativa but the high it's so soft. I'd say just lightly but maybe i'm not a good reference because i've developed a big tolerance.

That cut you see in the pics, right now is dead... C'est la vie... I popped 1 seed from 10 and I pass her directly to the flo room (without taking cuts), so when I chopped the plant I left some branches in order to re-veg her and then i've passed it to the veg room again. Everything seemed to be ok but she died spontaneously.

Whatever, I'm not really worried about it because I really know, that it is possible to find a good pheno on the S1 seed packs. Same for you if you are looking for her, S1 are a good chance.

Vibes.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Hey fonzee, thanks for stopping by here.

I'd not say just "coconut" but "piña colada"... Then it is on the range of flavours and I only know one Lilly which is from Original Delicatessen.

Probably is not the same cut but a pheno. I've tried some different cuts of this plant, even the Mario's one (if really exists a Mario's cut only or 20, who knows)... But my best keeper was found in an S1 seeds pack.

Respect the high, well... It is not a strong high for me, O.D. says that Lilly came by crossing Queen Mother x Congo (I've read a purple congo pheno)... So it should be sativa x sativa but the high it's so soft. I'd say just lightly but maybe i'm not a good reference because i've developed a big tolerance.

That cut you see in the pics, right now is dead... C'est la vie... I popped 1 seed from 10 and I pass her directly to the flo room (without taking cuts), so when I chopped the plant I left some branches in order to re-veg her and then i've passed it to the veg room again. Everything seemed to be ok but she died spontaneously.

Whatever, I'm not really worried about it because I really know, that it is possible to find a good pheno on the S1 seed packs. Same for you if you are looking for her, S1 are a good chance.

Vibes.
Thanks a lot for the information!
The buds I got weren't strong either, but I really liked the character of the high.

Muad' Dib

Here some water hash made with all the "not well finished" plants, so it is a 1000 flowers hash. The most part it's from Original Haze, Ethiopia x Zamal and Punta Roja, just a mostly sativa mix.

picture.php

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

Almost ready to smoke.

picture.php

I use to pass it by the grater directly from the freezer, it works very well.

picture.php

73 Microns

picture.php

90 Microns

picture.php

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

is it potent ?

Still don't know but for sure yes, it is made from well known and strong potent sativa strains. I love hash from sativas, the high is clear and strong, just not the high that send you directly to sleep.

How do you dry the hash?
i.e. when does the freezer part comes?

Hey Fonzee, the freezer part comes right after extract it, as in the pic on the post #69, when it's still wet. Then I use to pass it by the grater and I finish to dry it on the fridge.

But there is another freezer part, I use to put the weed into the freezer 2 or 3 days before making the extraction. Sometimes recently chopped or sometimes after a few days from the harvest. It depends currently of the space in my freezer.

Vibes.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
If you wouldn't grate it and just thaw it and let it dry it would be hella nice too, but you need to have the correct amount of water before freezing.
You can't put it too wet and you can not let it crumble from dryness when it's heading to the freezer, but if there just the right amount of water it will dry out on the outside and create a very nice crust from the drying trichomes that break on the exterior part of the hash pieces. Hence why they shouldn't be too small.

But I just dry the hash on a plate (with wax paper) and press it into balls. I like the taste better and it is so much easier to keep and transport.

while still a bit wet i chuck mine in a sandwich bag and put in a clamp in a warm room over night.. after 24 hours its nice and dark but still wet so i leave it to further dry from there..

Muad' Dib

More hash... I've been looking on my freezer and I found some weed ready to process. This is the result.

Western Winds

picture.php

Shishkaberry

picture.php

I wish a happy summer to everybody, take care about the heat and enjoy as much as possible.

Vibes.

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
Nice looking hash for sure. I bet a nice rip of that sativa mix hash has a very nice high.

How is the outdoor garden coming along? Ive been eating peppers galore, lol. I got the wrong kind of tomatoes for my area I think as my first run isnt going so well. They are cracking and rotting before they are getting ripe.

Muad' Dib

Hey Bmac, yes the sativa mix has a good high but the Western Winds one it's strongest. I am surprised by the powerful that it is. I might compare it to the hash made with Purple Haze x Thai, not so tasty but slightly more powerful... Or maybe the heat is frying my brain and my criterion is getting lost.

The garden it's going very well, if I can tomorrow will take some pics, I'm collecting courgettes and cucumbers since 2 weeks ago, for the tomatoes and the rest still a few days.

Add P and Mg to the soil, it will helps a bit to prevent the crack. The high level of N and the irrigation excess are also possible causes. About the rotting, no idea, it could be some fungal infection. Can you pm me some pic?

Vibes

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

Here an update of the garden, the season it's going very well. I did a previous treatment with Equisetum Arvense extract and sulfur powder and it is working well. No pest and no fungi at the moment.

Purple and white aubergines, cucumbers, italian peppers and courgettes.

Vibes

Muad' Dib

The tomatoes are not ready yet.

picture.php

And a beautiful flower of fine sweet basil (not the genovese one). I use to grow it every year between the other plants, it works very well as a natural way to keep far the aphids and other pests.

picture.php

Vibes