What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pink floyd.....Epic

the gnome

Veteran
Ive listened to about 1/2 the album in bits and pieces... :good:
good stuff,
wish they would do some live performances.

btw someone mentioned gilmores wife polly to ono a few pages back....
not even close from what Ive seen
yoko ono could never figured out marrying lennon didn't mean she became a member of the band:joint:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Live performances is right!

Live performances is right!

pompeii.jpg

MJBadger

Veteran
Sat down a few hours ago with a big fat J listening to Endless River . :biggrin:

99% instrumental .

The end of an era ?

Ph-patrol

Veteran
:xmastree: Merry Christmas Ph-patrol and all my fellow grow'n brothers out there :xmasnut: ...

Merry Christmas Brother Fatsack and fellow Floyd fans.

Me and Santa are going to smoke a fatty and blast some tunes once I get ride of all these family members.Lol:biggrin:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I just wanted stop and congratulate Pink Floyd for there success with The Endless River. In that ,the album made it in the top 10 albums of the year for the UK. Beating out Taylor Swift and other candy being sold to children.
Not to shabby:woohoo:

My GF has said she heard on some show that the new album is starring Stephen Hawking & the album has Hawkings name in the title . Anybody else heard this ?
They used a Stephen Hawking voice-over (from a commercial that ran in Britain in the early 80s) on the Division Bell, song called Keep Talking. That is such a great album. They used the same Hawking track (I think) on a tune on Endless River.

Mr.Miner

Lots of great stuff on here- thanks one and all....Shout out to "Live at Pompeii", as well. Changed my perception a few times with that one...and another shout to "Animals". I wore that tape to nothing during high school.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Thanks

Thanks

Hey Mr Miner
I am always thankful of contributions to this small thread.The personal stories and the music shared is great.PF art is a big part of there expression for me.
Story
I was in a chain restaurant recently and the manager came up and asked If I was a floyd fan,He spotted my t-shirt.
I answered Yes
He sent over free Appetizers and desert. My wife was like WTF
I was Like:)

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I agree, that sketch kicks butt.

One of my favorite memories is bonding with my nephew over Pink Floyd. He was just discovering Pink Floyd. Of course, he had DSOTM and the Wall. I turned him on to Animals, Wish You Were Here, and my favorite - Meddle.

It's always good to see a new generation enjoying Pink Floyd.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Blue Blaze-Its great to bring music to next generation.
I was walking buy one of my kids and he ways singing" Vera Vera what has become of you".:)
I never pushed Pink Floyd on them I just told them they could not watch The Wall until they were old enough.
They turned it into some right of passage on there own.
The music did the rest.

Vera Lynn patriotic song and the loss of waters father in the war created some association that must have stuck with him for years.
Roger Waters' father was killed in WWII. He refers to war often in his lyrics.
In The film The Wall the music heard playing during the opening credits is "The Little Boy that Santa Forgot" performed by Vera Lynn. That song is about a fatherless boy. This song refers to another classic by Vera Lynn called "We'll meet again." Its lyrics include: "We'll meet again, Don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day."
I think Vera's lyrics created hope for him to meet his father one day.

J man

They used a Stephen Hawking voice-over (from a commercial that ran in Britain in the early 80s) on the Division Bell, song called Keep Talking. That is such a great album. They used the same Hawking track (I think) on a tune on Endless River.
I havent heard endless river yet. Might check it out when I get something else on my pallet