What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truly Unique Smells...!

one Q

Quality
Veteran
What are some crazy smelling strains that youve had? Not some grape that smelled like grape, or BB that smelled like BBs or even Gum crosses...

I mean the off the wall ones.

had a White Satin (mandala) girl who smelled like straight up PICKLES once cured. Taste wasnt as strong but damn, PICKLES!

Had a leathery scented gal once that went all the way odorless after cure. Ehh. Smoke was bad anyway.

Any input would be cool, just to see how far the terpinoids or what ever spread out.

I

Iron_Lion

Mr Nice SSH - catholic church

Magus Warlock - diarrhea/severe beer shits

Landslide, unknown freebie from years back - cherry chapstick

Cultivators Choice Original Haze x Skunk - dryer sheets/ laundry soap

Mandala Speed Queen - WD40, the unmistakable scent of this de-greaser.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
The Jeffery!

NL5xDurban(Urban Poison). Lemon citrus, cream, kinda like lemon cream soda. Gets stronger and stronger with curing.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
I know satori has a garlic pheno too.

Ive always liked the fact that Canna can smell like SO MANY things.

Anyone had ROSEMARY smelling buds?

RebelGrow

i had a big buddah cheese male smell like fresh basil and cloves, i used him to knock up some ladies i had in the room. right now i just put a cross with him and a bubba kush into the flower room. hoping for some super basily fun!

BPJR

Truly Unique Smells...!

I have a Satori that smells like fruity apricot shoe polish. Awesome stuff

Smell like Rosemary...?... :biggrin: ... id like to smell that one for sure..

My Burmese is the most unique i have come across....kinda skittles candy funk...you just think damn that must be some 'headies'....

t2

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are some crazy smelling strains that youve had?

Cheese - it always smells rank
GDS BubbleDust - berry/fruit when dry
GDS Angel Dust - fuel / fire-lighters when dry
Royal Orange - foam smell (fresh plastic) when dry
FT x WW #6 - pineapple smell when dry
Yumbolt - like something died while it was growing

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Cannabis is a crazy plant; lots of smells and taste that makes you think "really, I had no idea it could be like this?!" Some of my experiences:

My apollo 11 F3: definitely a Pledge lemon scented duster smell during flower that actually intensifies in the smoke. It leaves a taste in your mouth that really does taste like you accidentally inhaled some cleaner while dusting your woodwork.

and...

I had a blueberry once that smelled and tasted just like vomit. There was no sweetness what so over, it really just had that "I just vomited" smell and taste. It really wasn't pleasant at all. This wasn't the norm but a random female I found in some F2's I made.

I'm growing a Maple Leaf Indica right now that smells just like sour apple Jollyrancher's. I haven't harvested it yet though so I have no idea how the smell will translate to the taste.

I have a strain that has been grown in the NE US for 30+ years. It smells of onion grass at about 4 weeks flower.

Also grew a circa '96 Flo this past season that smells like some kind of indian spices and mint chocolate. Very strange smell and not very appealing. I think that bud may be christmas presents hehehe..

And it isn't a smell, but my purple pakistani tastes like aftershave

jburns

i have a white widow that has a onion hashy smell and tase, but, man it puts ya down
had a bubblegum smelled like eggs and sour mayo.
i have a ghs cheese that is the most delicious berries and cream scent.
a local pineapple express that smells like pineapple butterscotch rum.

catcherintheye

dr death/kevorkian smells like straight bleach, people say strains taste like cleaner and ive herd of jacks cleaner and qleener(SP? space queenxjacks cleaner) anyways the strain smells like the whole jack herrer, trainwreck lemony sativa smell only it actually smelled like offensive bleach odor. Ive never understood what they meant by cleaner i always thought the good lemony pine sol flavor og kushes. But this stuff actually smells like the worste bleach when someone is cleaning. I have a few beans and they were given to me, if youre interested I can throw one your way.

Latest posts

Latest posts