What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ganico said:
Are y'all gonna bring this strain back anytime soon? I'd really like to try this one

High Ganico!

Nepalese Jam (Nepalese highland X Jamaican 85) has been out of stock for a year. We have produced a limited supply of Nepalese Jam backcrossed again to the nepalese, It's called Nepalese Highland.

We are working at the moment to produce fresh standard and femenized Nepalese Jam seeds for Autumn/Winter.

Thanks for the interest! dubi

Ganico

Veteran
Okay, well hopefully I'll get to try it next summer.

I was just trying to find some pure sativa genetics containing caribbean genes and this sounds like a real nice cross.

Really though, I'm just a sucker for fruity sativas regardless.

Let me say this though, I'm so glad to see more pure sativas and pure sativa hybrids ("pure sativa x pure sativa", NOT "sativa x indica") being bred. That is the real deal type work. This is what need to be done.
It's SO damn hard to find any commercially available pure sativas, and even those are the same old ones, if you want short flowering ones for outdoors then you're really screwed. Man, that just ain't moral. There's pure sativas that'll grow in CANADA, so I can't see the point of so much indica hybrids really.

Good work, y'all.
Godbless!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I totally agree.

There's a huge lack of sativa genetic diversity in today's commercial weed.
It's real sad. Sativa grows almost in every place of the planet, but after 3-4 decades, the cannabis breeding scene has a poor sativa legacy, mainly composed by haze hybrids and durbans. The true is that we have hundreds of different commercial 'strains' available but they all have the same sativa genetic background.

I like a lot haze and durban but there are lot other good sativas from Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Angola, Congo, Panama etc ... that are excellent in quality but they are a very small part of today's commercial genepool,

Landraces have their own cannabinoid profile and new aromas and experiences to offer. They were the base breeding for all the modern varities we are enjoying today and the future for the new breds too.

We are working in our own way, adding new quality genetics to the commercial genepool instead copy other's work or sell the same sour/nl/skunk/haze/widow/bluberry unstabilized poli hybrids we have been suffering the past 10 years. We are doing what is in our hand to avoid cannabis endogamic depression.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
hey dubi, thanks for all the great work and strains...
i was wondering where your nepali highland was collected, i love nepalis and have a nice collection of them, it would cool to know the village or mountain area of yours.

peace
b

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
bodhiseeds said:
hey dubi, thanks for all the great work and strains...
i was wondering where your nepali highland was collected, i love nepalis and have a nice collection of them, it would cool to know the village or mountain area of yours.

peace
b

High bodhiseeds!

Im glad to hear you like nepalese strains. They are lovely, unique and different to the classic SE asian sativas, more present in today's genepool.

The nepalese highland used in nepalese jam came from Canada-North America. It's the most worked and fast nepalese line we have, very powerful, crystalline and dense flowering.

Nepalese kathmandu is taller, lankier and more colorful, more like a classic himalayan sativa with thin delicate appearance, mid flowering and fluffly flowers with exotic aromas.

3rd nepalese is the one used in Bangi Haze and came from a spanish grower, half domesticated here in spain, dont know exactly the zone of origin.

What nepalese strains do you like to grow? Please, feel free to comment any personal experience with them. Thanks for posting. dubi

mark6699331

Same structure as the humboldt purp. nepalese going around. I like it very much. Hey Dubi- I just want to say we all love the work you guys are doing to save and reincarnate the landrace strains and keeping the hope alive so to speak.

-M

C

charlie garcia

Nice words Mark

And the other side of Nepal Jam hybrid, the Jamaican line used, here growing outdoors in our climate. Sometimes donates a lovely strawberry/lavender aroma with a nice motivational effect. Nice and healthy line kept for long around here,

Best

need4weed

Veteran
charlie, those jamaicans look awsome. reminds my me of my younger days when everyone had a big burly sativa growing in their backyard, you just dont see outdoor sativas being grown like that around here anymore

mark6699331

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's how an outdoor plant should look! Those pics and your panama red blow away anything from a'dam these daze!

A++

-mark

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
I have grown Willie Nelson from Reeferman. Which is an F1 hybrid between Vietnamese Black and Highland Nepalese. I am thinking that the Napalese used in the Jam is related to the one Reeferman used, they both came from Canada. I wonder if they are the same? Either way the Willie Nelson was some awesome smoke.

I have some of the Willie F2s left and once the new Jam seeds are available I will try a grow of both.

C

charlie garcia

Hi need3weed and Mark, we love to see them growing outdoors and they express so nicely. Yield in these outdoor sativas use to be great as well. We are lucky in our climate for that. nevertheless there is no way to hide them well LOL

Hi Bacchus

May be same nepalese line indeed. Hope you try soon the Nepal Jam and check for yourself :)

Last edited:

Chaman

jejej I can't wait....great thread. Charlie thanks for the link I hope too see what happens soon.

CHaman

C

charlie garcia

nice to see you brother chaman
Hope rain stops a little and you manage to grow some new things soon
cuidate mucho hermano ;)

bodhiseeds

Veteran
i have some lowland nepalis from chitwan going right now, they are showing heavy sativa influence, ill try and post some pics in a week or so. ive also got 3 katmandu valley strains, 2 langtang himal, and a ultra highland from 3000 meters from annapurna base camp. i will pop some of these when i get more g acid, as they are very reluctant to sprout.
many blessings on everybodys nepali grows...
pics????

morp

im really looking forward to getting some nep jam seeds when you re-release them. some of the grows ive seen look absolutely breathtaking! im growing a thai sativa at the moment but it pales in comparisson to these nj demons!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
at Aceseeds they are listed but they have been out of stock for a year?
im confused but i hope they back in business soon cause it looks like a really nice sativa for an outdoor grow in my country ( Denmark, 56 northern degrees latitude).

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day,

Gunnarguchi, fresh nepalese jam are finishing to mature as we speak. Nepalese Jam has been out of stock almost for a year, we did a small nepalese highland limited distribution this season, but new nepalese jam should be available in about 3 months. Thanks for the interest! dubi

Latest posts

Latest posts