What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Muscle Rigidity-Muscle Tension

GoatCheese

Veteran
Confronting: 'In your face!' Abrupt. Shocking.

grievances against heirarchy = sullen toward men, man-hater, angry because it's a mans world.

'Token' = you're the man they've got when they don't need a man at all. So they tolerate you ... but don't necessarily like you. (Like the black man at work who is there because there's a government policy of including blacks. Not because work likes black men. So he's the token black man.)

"Whipper Snapper" = young fellow, cheeky young fellow. Friendly 'insult' of older person to younger one.
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

White Beard

Muscular tension & rigidity being right up my professional alley, let me say that one of the greatest health benefits I get from cannabis is from *stretching* while high.

Not the usual pre- or post-workout bouncy-bounce ‘stretching’ that seems to get the most press, but long, slow stretches, of the sort taught in yoga. When not cannabinated, stretching for me is painful and not very helpful; however, when I am high/stoned, my body opens up and relaxes into the stretch much more easily, much more effectively, and I gain much greater benefit.

My current unwelcome t-break having gone on for many months, I *still* have the benefit of having learned how to properly stretch in the yoga fashion - again, settling into my stretches while supporting the parts of my body I’m not stretching, breathing, focusing, ‘reaching into’ each stretch. I don’t know that yoga instruction would be *necessary* for you to benefit from stretching, but there’s a lot you could learn from yoga about HOW to stretch, and how to breathe while stretching, and how not to overdo it or ‘leave things out’ when you stretch.

I can say emphatically that, at my age, if I had not learned how to stretch effectively 40 years ago, I’d be *permanently* knotted into painful immobility by now - like most men mage. Cannabis is a super-effective aid in loosening up rigid muscles, regaining mobility and flexibility, and reducing mental and emotional stress and anxiety, when combined with mindful, patient stretching...and in reliving the near-constant aching and pain that I get when I can’t cannabinize.

Deep-tissue massage and myofascial release work also combine well with cannabis, if you have any genuinely capable and trained pros in your area. The rigidity, BTW, is a result of shortened fasciae, the connective tissue that wraps everything in the body, helping it to hold shape and position. ‘Tightness’ is a shortening of the muscles, resulting from a state of tension-induced prolonged contraction. Fascia responds to such prolonged stress by wrapping tighter - effectively holding the muscles in the shortened position, and ‘fast stretching’ won’t open it back - long, slow stretching, the right kind of bodywork (assisted opening), and hot tub immersion (~103F for 20min) are the best tools/aids I know of. Be careful of cannabis and hot tubs, though: being high can lead to overheating pretty quickly, and that’s actually dangerous.

Anyway, I do hope that this will be of some assistance to you

Veggia farmer

Your good Teddy. Your right about a lot stuff mate. I knew what confronating means, I just have zero problem with it. I like when people are direct. As we say here: I dont like the walk around the porrigde:) A lot of things have become much clearer for me since late winter/spring here. Not just about what the "locating" the difficulties but also see how to take more action.

Short: I have defiantly always been the scapegoat of the family for many years.

So to everyone who meets me, I got a big heart but this heart also got a big crust..

When to the ostepath today. His helping a lot. Came home and felt a asleep. Felt burnt after a short nap. Good I guess.

White beard: thanks a lot for the assistance. After some strains I get this tingling feeling in some muscles that needs streaching. I also are going to make the bathroom ready for to get the tub inside! Been a long times since I lived with a tub... I need to not get it so tens before recovery, hard fo me sometimes. Once it get past one point, its really bad, and hard to get rid off.

Im a little short tonight. Tired. Have good night