What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light burn or bud rot? Something else???

MdNewgrower

This is the top of a single cola on my plant. No other top has the flat top and discoloration.

This tip was about an inch below a 9 watt screw in LED, but the others were nearly as close, but off to the side slightly.

What say you?

Attachments

• KIMG0624.jpg
    KIMG0624.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 39
  • KIMG0616.jpg
    KIMG0616.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 33

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think heat uses the inverse square law, so for every 1 unit of length the energy received cuts in half? Which just means the plant touching the light is getting a lot more heat than the plants even 2 inches away. If it's that plant on the right there in the second pic, I would definitely say it's light burn since it appears to be touching directly.

Scrappy-doo

Brother, cmon. You know the answer to this question.

Next time remember it's not a smart move to allow your tops to grow directly into your lights. Just move it off to the side.