What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khabib Nurmagomedov

Joint Lock

If you want an idea of what Khabib vs Royce would look like, check out the Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie fight.

as GJJ blackbelt under Relson Gracie's 1st U.S Blackbelt i totally agree with this .No one in the division has a ground game like Khabibs fact . GJJ ,Newaza Judo ,Sambo , Catch wrestling has been my lifestyle past 20yrs . KN is just on another level . difference is this was put into him from the time he could walk. Not something he started doing as a hobby .The dedication and time over the years paid off. Thus it shows 29-0 (13-0) PRO

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
as GJJ blackbelt under Relson Gracie's 1st U.S Blackbelt i totally agree with this .No one in the division has a ground game like Khabibs fact . GJJ ,Newaza Judo ,Sambo , Catch wrestling has been my lifestyle past 20yrs . KN is just on another level . difference is this was put into him from the time he could walk. Not something he started doing as a hobby .The dedication and time over the years paid off. Thus it shows 29-0 (13-0) PRO

Crazy how he wraps your feet up,hog ties and takes away any leverage.When your father has you wrestle bears as a kid,I guess the writing is on the wall.Like you said,another level

Joint Lock

Crazy how he wraps your feet up,hog ties and takes away any leverage.When your father has you wrestle bears as a kid,I guess the writing is on the wall.Like you said,another level

Yeah i started using the technique alot myself on the mat against training partners . its awesome due to u can lean forward onto the person . Thus if they go to sit up and lift their legs with yours. Putting them back to the mat flat on their backs

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Become water... Khabib as done that. That is the difference.

Do I want to see so and so from previous eras compete against so and so today? No! Why the sport has evolved.

That being said, I would like to see what Bruce would do to these dudes. Royce was a small fighter compared to many of his opponents, when there was no weight classes. Martial arts = kill or be killed. It's a science. Ya know... Mr Miyagi although a movie, was an old fart. Martial arts is for defense... BTW, kicking in the nuts = totally legal, just like the beginning in the UFC, amongst other things no longer tolerated.

I remember a drunken brawl I had in my youth. I slipped on the ice and he mounted me. My shoulders where pinned by both his knees. I look up and his bag was there. I bit in that bag... He got off in a hurry and by that time by-standards interfered. If there would not have been by-standers, I doubt i would have let go!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i started using the technique alot myself on the mat against training partners . its awesome due to u can lean forward onto the person . Thus if they go to sit up and lift their legs with yours. Putting them back to the mat flat on their backs

Yes sir,trained for years until we started having kids,and their travel ice hockey became a way of life.If I were in the same state as my wife on weekends that was a plus.Differnt kids,different ages,different teams.....equaled insanity.

We trained jiu jitsu,aikido,judo,sambo....back in those days combat sports wasn't a thing.We were no phone,no sign and closed to the public.All police officers,and prison guards,but my family were police so I grew up around them,they had to let me train...hahaha

Not everyday you could do a ippon Seonage on a cop,and have them bow to you when they got back to their feet. :headbange

Joint Lock

Become water... Khabib as done that. That is the difference.

Do I want to see so and so from previous eras compete against so and so today? No! Why the sport has evolved.

That being said, I would like to see what Bruce would do to these dudes. Royce was a small fighter compared to many of his opponents, when there was no weight classes. Martial arts = kill or be killed. It's a science. Ya know... Mr Miyagi although a movie, was an old fart. Martial arts is for defense... BTW, kicking in the nuts = totally legal, just like the beginning in the UFC, amongst other things no longer tolerated.

I remember a drunken brawl I had in my youth. I slipped on the ice and he mounted me. My shoulders where pinned by both his knees. I look up and his bag was there. I bit in that bag... He got off in a hurry and by that time by-standards interfered. If there would not have been by-standers, I doubt i would have let go!

Bruce was a actor and demo fighter period . Khabib would maul LEE so would ppl like GSP ect .Lee was clueless to Newaza techniques until Judo Gene LeBell put him on to them . Not a fan of LEE

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lee had world class striking speed and could dodge well too. Hit pretty hard for being only 150 lbs. at his highest. Other than that he was not a grappler at all. He could have learned and been good. I think he would be top ten UFC if not champ at 125 or 135.

He fought a little for real but not in sanctioned matches, Just him and some guy that agreed to fight. Khabib has been fighting/training since he was a child, time for a break and might be forever.