What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

Kali China is a mostly indica strain so it doesn't produce typical sativa reflowerings. I think you can expect about 4 more weeks approx to finish them.
As i commented previously, it's a quite inbred and stabilized line for its psychoactivity so you will find the effects very close to the strain description.

Thanks Dubi.

I'm wondering about the growth of the Kali : as I have time to let it flower as long as required, should I expect multiple flowerings if I give the plants enough time ( like it's the case for other strains ) ?
I know the picture showing the flower closeup is blurry, but as you followed the growth and developpement thread closely, how many weeks should I expect before the Kali is ready ? and if I add 2 weeks, will the plant lean more towards a balanced effect slightly more physical/narcotic/hypnothic ?

You are welcome :shucks:: I just finished growing few Mr Nice for 18 months, and now I will give a try to your plants for around 18 months too, as I couldnt find an overwhelming medical strain with Mr Nice.

It's the quality of your work and its reputation that makes me feel like trying your plants, and if I find what I need : you'll become my permanent breeder ( like you are already for many other people on this forum :kissgrin:)

But for the Kali, if I have enough yield, I will try making fermented cobs and rosin press extraction, and share the knowledge/pictures.

Cheers ;)

MedBelgUsr

Good, if you think they should not be finished before at least 4 weeks then I'll start checking the trichomes color not before 3 weeks :cool:

As a matter of fact, timing is really a vital info for me ( and plenty of others ) coz, being a medical user, I dont have the luxury to reach zero stock ... so the next germination is always overlapping with the end of the current strain.

And the next growth will be 3 MalawixA5 and 3 MalawixPCK ... :good:

MedBelgUsr

The plants are entering their 5th week of flo, some leaves start to die from the natural process ( well, I hope that it's a natural process ) and all is looking good : nothing to do. :)

I have lowered the feeding to start using Top Shooting powder ... I am curious to see if it lives up to its hype ... it is supposed to bring up to 20 % bigger trichomes ...

So I hope it will be visible ...

Attachments

• Kali7.jpg
    Kali7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Kali8.jpg
    Kali8.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 50

MedBelgUsr

Thanks for your advice ! :)

Sadly, I dont have enough space to compare with various nutrients so I have simply reduced the PK, and compensated with this product. I know how PK alone works, so we'll see.

I'm not a big fan of additive but I try a new one once in a while ... and I still have to be convinced by one :biggrin:

House&Garden is a reputable brand, so I'll give it a try. I hope someone here has tried it and has an opinion ( even bad ).

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks for your advice ! :)

Sadly, I dont have enough space to compare with various nutrients so I have simply reduced the PK, and compensated with this product. I know how PK alone works, so we'll see.

I'm not a big fan of additive but I try a new one once in a while ... and I still have to be convinced by one :biggrin:

House&Garden is a reputable brand, so I'll give it a try. I hope someone here has tried it and has an opinion ( even bad ).
... and that in itself, doesn't mean diddly! You were bound and determined on using it before you even asked the Q. Fill your boots :tiphat:

MedBelgUsr

The plants are entering their 6th week of flo, and, like last week, all is looking good : nothing to do.

Top Shooting Powder doesnt seem to have burned all the plants ( at least; noy yet ;o) ) and as I've read that that product adds 2 more weeks
of flo, I have added a tiny weeny drop of N, so the plants are not all dead too soon.

There are few light brown pistils appearing, go girls !!!!

Attachments

• Kali12.jpg
    Kali12.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Kali11.jpg
    Kali11.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 55

MedBelgUsr

Roll the drums : the plants are entering their 7th week of flo !! :woohoo:

And judging from the pictures : all is going well

At first I thought I would do a microscope check this week but it's obvious the plants are not close to bre ready : all the pistils are still mainly white.

I also noticed that while the plants phenotype seem to be very uniform ( great ! ), the riping duration seems to be different : 2 of the 6 seem to be ripening much slower ( and the leaves dont get dark either .... )

For the rest, I cant wait to harvest ... probably they need another 2-3 weeks ... what do you think Dubi : do they need at least 2 weeks before harvesting or maximum 2 weeks ?

Attachments

• Kali14.jpg
    Kali14.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Kali13.jpg
    Kali13.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 53

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

Looking great and close to finish. Yes, i think 2 weeks more since the pics were taken and they will be very close to their right ripening time. Kindly post some bud pics then and i will check it out again.

MedBelgUsr

So the 8th week of flo is starting today ...

do we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel ??

I have made few microscope checks and, I dont know about you, but it seems like we have around 20% of milky trichomes and hardly any amber at all ...

Imho, they still need a good 2 weeks, minimum !

Attachments

• 210123130813163.jpg
    210123130813163.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 210123130858118.jpg
    210123130858118.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 36
  • 210123131243075.jpg
    210123131243075.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 37

MedBelgUsr

9th week starts today !

I have mixed feelings regarding when to cut them : do I cut them ( partly ) next week-end ( so in 1 week ) ? or I wait for another 2 weeks ?

If I cut some alreaqdy next week-end, I would first cut the upper flowers, and the rest 1 week later ...

What do you think ?

Attachments

• 210130130124863.jpg
    210130130124863.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 210130130358655.jpg
    210130130358655.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 210130130510937.jpg
    210130130510937.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 210130130609131.jpg
    210130130609131.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 210130131058943.jpg
    210130131058943.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 31

MedBelgUsr

My doubts come from the picture showing plenty of new white pistils appearing ...

Attachments

• Kali22.jpg
    Kali22.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Kali18.jpg
    Kali18.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Kali19.jpg
    Kali19.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 55

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Timing looks perfect for the darker leaved tops. You can harvest the tops, and give the lower buds another week or two to ripen a bit more if your space allows you the time for it. If you have the next generation ready to fill in behind these, it will be okay to harvest all together.

MedBelgUsr

Thanks FletchF.Fletch for your comments :tiphat:

Reading your suggestions about harvesting and your logic, I think I can probably harvest all the buds.

Why ? well, as a matter of fact, the darker leaves tops weren't located on the top of the plants, but rouhgly at the first third ... so the upper flowers are even more ripe.

This Saturday, they will be gooooone :dance013:

PS : and you are right also about the lack of space ..;

Latest posts

Latest posts