What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express x CBD#1 - Test Grow

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hi Ace followers :)

I’m fortunate to have been passed these seeds to grow and test. The mix of both parents sounds like it’ll result in extremely interesting progeny. Anything that melds genetics from Vietnamese Black, China Yunnan, Erdpurt and Cannatonic, all in an f1 (I think it is anyway) hybrid, is going to be a treat.

I’ve grown Erdpurt and it’s crosses a few times, and also Cannatonic hybrids; but I’ve never grown Orient Express and have always wanted to. I’m hoping this hybrid will give a bountiful harvest of CBD rich encrusted flowers with an exotic aroma.

I’ve not been a super heavy smoker for some years now so something light, inspiring, creative, warm, happy, calming and social is what I’m hoping for in regards to the high. I know a few people who love the idea of smoking again but are afraid of the dreaded paranoia. The blend of these two parents might be exactly what they’ve been hoping for... I guess we’ll find out..

Popped two seeds and both sprouted in 48 hrs.
You can purchase this hybrid by emailing Ace. They’re an R+D project in the Ace catalogue so you’ll have to ask and instructions will be given on how to purchase. Anyone who’s got these and wants to join in then please do..

More to come when there’s something to see.

Cheers :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Kalbhairav for starting a thread about this new cross :yes:

I'm also very excited about its potential :) It was bred with the goal you mention: to blend in a single line the happy, warm, low anxious-low paranoid (yet THC rich) Orient Express sativa pheno with the also calming, low anxious-low paranoid qualities of CBD #1 seedline. I'm anticipating very interesting terpenes as well, and big yields.

Being a real F1 the first outcross between 2 different inbred lines, this cross should be probably labeled as a polyhybrid, because the Orient Express mother of the cross is already a F1, and the pollen donor is CBD #1 which is (semi) inbred.

Eager to follow the progress of your grow and learn from it! Best wishes!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So still not much to see yet but the OE CBD are off to a decent start.

picture.php

More to come..

StrongTree

Hi Kalbhairav best wishes on the OEcbd plants im planning a germinating this strain also... thanks for blazing the trail.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking fatty and cute Kalbhairav :)

Thanks also StrongTree for giving a try to this new cross!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Subbed. You'll crush this one.

Thanks Kalbhairav for starting a thread about this new cross :yes:

Eager to follow the progress of your grow and learn from it! Best wishes!

Hi Kalbhairav best wishes on the OEcbd plants im planning a germinating this strain also... thanks for blazing the trail.

Thank you all :)
@StrongTree
These two are the furthest along compared with the other regular plants I have in the tent. Plan is to flower from cutting so I’m going to be a little while yet before I come to see the fruits. You might of caught up by that point.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
CBD#1 x Orient Express greenhouse plants

CBD#1 x Orient Express greenhouse plants

Kalbhairav, hey brother I hope you don't mind if I share my two CBD#1 x Orient Express here. I had just planted ungerminated seeds directly into my final grow bags. Some time later I had written dubi saying that they didn't come up. I felt it was to late to plant more. While being busy with other genetics, Hmmm what's going on here?

I had some seedlings peeking through the soil. Had I planted something else and forgot to put it in my notes? Damn it! Farmerlion what are these? OMG, I didn't do anything just forgot about them. Now I have these pretty ladies.

Dubi, my apologies for being impatient. When you plant germinated seeds you know in two or three days you will have seedlings. When you just drop in seeds you have no idea when nature will do it's thing. These are great genetics! I have two plants in a 45 gallon grow bag.
Peace farmerlion :good:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Oh nice! They look very NLD leaning to me. Gives me a good idea of what to expect. Judging by your picture farmerlion I should prepare for stretchy plants!

Please keep notes here if you feel to :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So a little update..

I had a little trouble with the soil I reported the OE x CBD1 into. It was just a commercial garden centre soil and was stronger than I thought. Fed the plants a bit early and they didn’t love me for it.

Anyway.. they will soon have clones taken and the seed plants will be put to rest. I’ve got a bunch of regular seed I’m also growing along side these and want to start them all together. Need to sex the regular seed before flower etc.

picture.php

Stay tuned :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's great news farmerlion :) Very happy to know you finally included some Orient Express x CBD #1 plants in the greenhouse! Hopefully it is suitable and early enough for your short outdoor season, the greenhouse should help a lot.

Wow Kalbhairav, such a fast growth on your 2 OE x CBD, looking very uniform, eager to see them flowering when the right time comes. :yes:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
hi Kal, if this is the same soil you used on the soulshine cross i have to say these fared better. I remember the orient express I grew out tolerated very rich soil so that may account for the difference. Those OE gals swelled nicely with added nutes between weeks 2-5. Anyhow, following along in both grows...nice recovery on both counts. Had it been me they would have perished long ago..lol.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So it’s been a rough month or so and my little garden has been a bit stressed. Unfortunately one of the OE x CBD1 started to go a little intersex. This definitely was my fault since my cuttings didn’t take and I put the seed mothers back on a 18/6 regime.

The plant was chopped was very different to the NLD dom plant below. She had a column like structure with minimal branching compared to her sister below. Both give off a complex astringency in veg.

Anyway, after the seed plants got a repot they didn’t look good and have been recovering to the point of being ready to flower. The below NLD dom plant has been in flower for 3 days ish..

picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I feel like she’s going to stretch pretty hard. Since there’s only two plants in my little chamber then I think I’ll be able to bend and keep low for the most part.

We’ll see :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello all..

The plant is looking mighty fine and has moulded to my liking. I’ve brought down the height a bit with some bending to open her up :)

The whole cab. OE x CBD1 on the left.
picture.php

I’ve opened her up quite a lot to utilise all the space available. So she’s now got a bit of distance to travel upwards (hopefully not too much!)
picture.php

Her smell is complex on the stem rub, astringent and sharp. I’m hoping this will mellow and she’ll gain some more of complex aromas into flower. She’s around a week or two into flower.

:)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orient Express x CBD#1

Orient Express x CBD#1

Here is a picture of my OE x CBD#1 . My guess this is a slightly Cannatonic dominant plant. There's a Purple PCK x CBD#1 on the left and a Romulan plant snuggling in close on the right.

What I absolutely love about the Ace genetics is I don't have to worry about them. You know they're going to do their thing. I have found myself taking them for granted with my very high expectations.

Many genetics you go into the season with hope. With these it's just an unspoken confidence. Oh yah here's the whatever strain from Ace. They give me the freedom to develop my fungal repositories and push the cutting edge concept of organic soils to new levels.

Have a great weekend holiday!
Peace farmerlion

Attachments

• 20200906_110330.jpg
    20200906_110330.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 26

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Things are a little bit more interesting now.

She’s stretched about 2.5x so far.
The aroma is complex with some heavy plastic type smells. Sometimes it’s like burnt acrylic or paint. There’s not a lot of sweetness at all. I’m maybe getting an organic smell coming through. It’s very different to the other plant (non Ace var) I have in the cab that is all sweetness and candy.

She also seems to be quite a nitrogen hog. Usually I’m easing off on the N around now but she just wants more. Either that or she wants more Mg. She’s getting a maximum dose from now on so we’ll see.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Kal, beautiful plant...im digging those lances! I remember the OE's I ran were supper hungry plants and feed even late in flower. They got pretty big though so I'm looking at those branches and just know they are going to get massive. Good luck!