What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats your favorite ACE strain for daily use?

OZZ_

Veteran
Hello everyone,

Hope your all staying safe in these times of quarantines and chaos.

Being layed off in quarantine I’ve become a bit of a post wh#re lately lol, and with all this extra time on my hands I got to thinking.

With the likes of Malawi, Zamaldelica, killer A5H, Super Malawi haze and even Panama... It’s clear that ACE has no shortage of mind bending, soaring psychedelic Sativas, and I’m sure that’s what brought most of us to this particular breeder in the first place.

While these types of effects definitely have their time and place, some can be considered too intense for daily use.

With that in mind, what is your favorite ACE strain for daily use? Something that is maybe a bit kinder, gentler, more euphoric and/or uplifting for daytime smoke?

What have YOU found to be your best daily smoke from the ACE catalogue??

Best wishes to you all :tiphat:

I wood

zamal x bangi haze from the r&d list.
Happy get shit done pot that has a smooth reentry.
Bangi haze x ethiopian was good daytime smoke as well.
For me golden tiger and zamaldelica can work but they both taught me to only have one toke if anything is going to get done.

Man, I'm still very curious about that one.

OZZ, for me, Bangi Haze is my every morning vape. Sets the tone for the day very well, lasting effects with slight tapering off in the last half. Real nice to get going for the day.

Great thread idea. Always eager to learn more about Ace's catalog.

Thanks OZZ_! I swear to god I've been wondering exactly the same for a few days now.

I haven't tried any of ACE's sativas, but that's next in my list and I was also wondering which ones would be most compatible with organized human life.

In my experience, both china yunnan and pakistani chitral kush have proved to be ok for doing stuff. When I don't overdo it the high is very controllable and even though I wouldn't describe it as euphoric it does ease me into productive tasks. I do tend to be all over the place when I'm sober, so in my case maybe these strains are useful because they kind of take the edge off and allow me to concentrate better.

Given the huge interindividual variability humans show in their ability to focus and be productive, I would bet there's not really a universal answer. I will though try one of the sativas in their line and see how that goes.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Oldtimers Haze (green phenos) hands down for me. Can literally smoke as much as you want and still get stuff done, giggling to yourself along the way. The effect of the pure oth is true mental health medicine imo. If I had an outdoor space right now, I would plant my own little personal section of oth every year--drying the best tops and turning the rest into hash and edibles. It's uplifting and joyful right to the core :)

Man I miss smoking that line, and the hybrids don't seem to carry that exact same vibe to me.

I received a few seeds a while ago labeled PPxOTM . I don't have a way to contact the guy, but I know he's friends with people from ACE and I knew he really liked Purple Passion, so that's the PP. I looked online for OTM and the only strain I found was Old Time Moonshine or something like that. Then a few days ago I was going through some ACE threads and kept seeing OTH and then I realized that's probably what it is! I really hoope it's OTH, it would be so convenient that I already have a male lying around, I might be in time to get some seeds this year!

RED 1

To "ease" the selection process,I've to decide to take the "alphabetical route" with Ace strains, starting fresh with Bangi Haze which I've just ordered
:)

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Oldtimers Haze (green phenos) hands down for me. Can literally smoke as much as you want and still get stuff done, giggling to yourself along the way. The effect of the pure oth is true mental health medicine imo. If I had an outdoor space right now, I would plant my own little personal section of oth every year--drying the best tops and turning the rest into hash and edibles. It's uplifting and joyful right to the core :)

Man I miss smoking that line, and the hybrids don't seem to carry that exact same vibe to me.

Agree with BoldAsLove. OTH (green pheno) is the winner for all day happiness. I have one OTH plant in a pot and it looks like this one is actually going to be my first male OTH anything. A bit bummed that I probably won’t have OTH budding outdoors this year, though suppose I could still crack a seed. I am excited about the possibility of crossing with some other plants I have going (F13, SSSDH, Strawberry Diesel). I do have a Malawi x POTH vegging and a fair amount of well curing green and purple OTHxMT, so I’m not feeling sorry for myself.

OZZ_

Veteran
Bangi haze x ethiopian was good daytime smoke as well.
For me golden tiger and zamaldelica can work but they both taught me to only have one toke if anything is going to get done.

What’s up I wood? Hope all is well.

I can see the Bangi x Ethiopian being top notch for these purposes. I have not tried either yet but from all the reading Ive done about both I can see that being a perfect combo.

OZZ_

Veteran
Man, I'm still very curious about that one.

OZZ, for me, Bangi Haze is my every morning vape. Sets the tone for the day very well, lasting effects with slight tapering off in the last half. Real nice to get going for the day.

Great thread idea. Always eager to learn more about Ace's catalog.

Nice! I knew Bangi would be right up there. Ive got a pack Ill need to get to at some point in time soon. The uplifting energetic high everyone describes sounds mighty tempting. Do you find there’s any kind of mindf%ck factor with the Bangi? Or is it of a more gentle nature??

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks OZZ_! I swear to god I've been wondering exactly the same for a few days now.

I haven't tried any of ACE's sativas, but that's next in my list and I was also wondering which ones would be most compatible with organized human life.

In my experience, both china yunnan and pakistani chitral kush have proved to be ok for doing stuff. When I don't overdo it the high is very controllable and even though I wouldn't describe it as euphoric it does ease me into productive tasks. I do tend to be all over the place when I'm sober, so in my case maybe these strains are useful because they kind of take the edge off and allow me to concentrate better.

Given the huge interindividual variability humans show in their ability to focus and be productive, I would bet there's not really a universal answer. I will though try one of the sativas in their line and see how that goes.

You know... the China Yunnan is one that I haven’t read much on... only a little. I can see the PCK being right in that category as I hear it is a bit more mild on the potency side. So for that reason I can see it being more gentle. What’s the come down like? Any heaviness, fatigue or grogginess??

OZZ_

Veteran
Bold as Love- I cant wait for the day to be able to try pure OTH. For now its out of my reach, although I do believe I have around 20 regs of it in my seed bank, maybe a bit more. I’m waiting until after the move then Ill probably try one or two of these gems outdoors.

Grandma- I’m pretty sure your cross is with the Old Time Moonshine. That is usually what is meant by the OTM label. OTH typically stands for Old Timers Haze. I’m sure your aware but I would bet money your PP X OTM cross is with the moonshine not the haze.

Saray- Nepal Jam was one of those I was certain would be mentioned quite a bit along with Bangi. From the description the kind character of the Nepal is right in line with what would be needed in this situation. I can see the cross with Kali china being an excellent one as well, probably increasing terpene content. What’s the come down like with the Nepal Jam? I’m always curious about this. The Panama Ive been smoking on lately leaves me feeling a bit fatigued afterwords, then again its not lacking in the potency department by any means

Ur Humbl- another vote for OTH green pheno. This peaks my interest more and more. I’m quite fond of rolling doobies and I’m sure the fluffy buddage from the OTH would go hand in hand with getting the day started off right. I have the same question for you guys voting on the green OTH, what’s the come down like on it??

Another one I’m expecting to hear about would be the pure Honduras. The reports sound like it would be right in there.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Come down is light like a feather IMHO. There’s no crash to speak of. You will need to switch gears come sundown if you want to get to bed on time...

OZZ_

Veteran
To "ease" the selection process,I've to decide to take the "alphabetical route" with Ace strains, starting fresh with Bangi Haze which I've just ordered
:)

This is hilarious! I totally get it though :laughing:

OZZ_

Veteran
Come down is light like a feather IMHO. There’s no crash to speak of. You will need to switch gears come sundown if you want to get to bed on time...

So you would say it’s more on the stimulant side even. Good info thanks for the input :)

Nepal Jam was one of those I was certain would be mentioned quite a bit along with Bangi. From the description the kind character of the Nepal is right in line with what would be needed in this situation. I can see the cross with Kali china being an excellent one as well, probably increasing terpene content. What’s the come down like with the Nepal Jam? I’m always curious about this. The Panama Ive been smoking on lately leaves me feeling a bit fatigued afterwords, then again its not lacking in the potency department by any means.

Nepal Jam and Kali China both have a sleep inducing comedown, if you overdose. Taken lightly in small doses over the day it is manageable.
The Mauritius x Ethiopien has no comedown at all. That one just fades away.

Nice! I knew Bangi would be right up there. Ive got a pack Ill need to get to at some point in time soon. The uplifting energetic high everyone describes sounds mighty tempting. Do you find there’s any kind of mindf%ck factor with the Bangi? Or is it of a more gentle nature??
I haven't found her to be overpowering in the slightest, but I'm a heavy consumer. My wife and some friends enjoy it quite a lot, but many only have microdoses. A friend who smokes a few times a week was going to have some, cook dinner and watch a movie. Instead, after smoking a bowl, she cleaned her whole apartment and felt super uplifted, in good spirits.

I'm sure that there is magic in these Bangi crosses too! Not sure how many here have read and/or follow ThaiBliss' Trip Weed threads, but he found a special Bangi Haze and bred her into his life's work.

All these folks talking about OT Haze really makes me eager for the day that I have more indoor space. I'm reading SolarLogos' thread from last year right now and salivating! There will never be a day where I can grow her outside at my lat, but I'd love to try her indoors!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
So you would say it’s more on the stimulant side even. Good info thanks for the input :)

Yes, I’d trade my morning cup for a smoke of Green OTH. It’s stimulating and as you smoke more, the high just gets more and more uplifting. As dubi mentioned in the original description, she’s not the strongest smoke out of the gate, but there is no ceiling that I’ve seen and you can get plenty faced if you smoke a lot. Possible to get a bit noided too if your hand gets caught in the cookie jar. Again, IMO.

The purple OTH is murkier, introverted and caught in your own thoughts. The green OTH is pure bliss...sun up to sun down.

Latest posts

Latest posts